blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:56:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  2012
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012  (Read 22184 times)
PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2008, 01:56:28 AM »

All of this fails to tell me why my toast always land butter side down. Sad

I expect it's because Nostadamus predicted it. In code, of course.

Forget Nostradamus.  I realise that whatever happens, even if WWIII were to break lose, people won't believe he predicted it.  It can't be proved so it'll just become another retrospective possibility.  If I wanted to argue the cult's case there would be better evidence than that.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2008, 02:47:42 AM »

Do you know about the Moby Dick code?

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/moby.html

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2008, 03:00:11 AM »

On 21st December 2012 there will be an alignment of the Sun, the Earth, and the centre of our galaxy which only happens once every 25,000 years.  No one has been around long enough to see what, if anything happens when this event occurs.

Given that the earth is older than 25k years i am guessing it won't be the end of the world....

Some think the end of the long count is merely counting down to the galactic alignment

ldo what else would it be? I thought you were a science teacher how can you of all people get roped into this tosh?

- According to many scientists and even Einstein himself, the Earth is well overdue a global pole shift.  In fact, scientists have even proven that it has happened before!  Some even suggest that this is how Atlantis came to be lost.  Could it be related to the alignment of the galaxy?

Yes its quite a well known fact the poles have switched before, and it will happen again, it however will not end the world.....and it certainly can't sink a city....i would expect it has fuck all to do with the alignment of the galaxy.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2008, 03:04:40 AM »

Some think the end of the long count is merely counting down to the galactic alignment

ldo what else would it be? I thought you were a science teacher how can you of all people get roped into this tosh?

Erm...she's a music teacher Flushy...
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2008, 05:04:44 AM »

Oh boy...and here I thought this thread had died a quick, and fairly graceful, death.

I'm in a, relatively for me, good mood at the moment though..haven't seen the news or read the morning papers yet so that hasn't put me in a foul mood yet...so, remarkably, this isn't tilting me this morning.

It's a "few days after Christmas miracle" or something.

Pocketlady, you seemed an intelligent enough girl at bb in Luton, what happened?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2008, 11:24:35 AM »

"Go back to ancient times and everyone thought the world was flat, and when it was suggested otherwise everyone cried out with laughter at this "ridiculous" theory.  Why?  Because it was something that to begin with their minds just couldn't comprehend.  Personally I think it is very small-minded to assume that current science is all there is and to dismiss things that don't seem possible as ridiculous.  Not so long ago we didn't even know that particles were made up of atoms so just imagine what we might discover in the future. "

I think you are fighting a losing battle on this subject here Pocketlady. I believe in keeping an open mind to any theory and not to scoff at any outrageous assumptions.

What is evident is that in the last millennium the human race has evolved quicker than ever and it took WW1 to start that.  With all the human evolving intelligence has also brought more evil into the world, therefore, the predictions of 2012 could very well come true!

On a personal note, I am considered being a bit scatty at times so you can scoff at me as much as you like, I am used to it!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 11:28:39 AM by trafficjam » Logged

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2008, 11:33:50 AM »

On 21st December 2012 there will be an alignment of the Sun, the Earth, and the centre of our galaxy which only happens once every 25,000 years.  No one has been around long enough to see what, if anything happens when this event occurs.

Given that the earth is older than 25k years i am guessing it won't be the end of the world....

- According to many scientists and even Einstein himself, the Earth is well overdue a global pole shift.  In fact, scientists have even proven that it has happened before!  Some even suggest that this is how Atlantis came to be lost.  Could it be related to the alignment of the galaxy?

Yes its quite a well known fact the poles have switched before, and it will happen again, it however will not end the world.....and it certainly can't sink a city....i would expect it has fuck all to do with the alignment of the galaxy.

Yup, its a BIT older than 25,000 years. About 4.5 billion the last I heard, so it's managed to endure one or two 25k year periods.

As I said earlier Flushy, when folks get fixated on this sort of stuff, it's best not to argue - you can't win.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2008, 11:59:01 AM »

Erm...she's a music teacher Flushy...
That explains it all then.Pass the gravy its your turn to roll.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2008, 12:11:19 PM »

"Go back to ancient times and everyone thought the world was flat, and when it was suggested otherwise everyone cried out with laughter at this "ridiculous" theory.  Why?  Because it was something that to begin with their minds just couldn't comprehend.  Personally I think it is very small-minded to assume that current science is all there is and to dismiss things that don't seem possible as ridiculous.  Not so long ago we didn't even know that particles were made up of atoms so just imagine what we might discover in the future. "

I think you are fighting a losing battle on this subject here Pocketlady. I believe in keeping an open mind to any theory and not to scoff at any outrageous assumptions.

What is evident is that in the last millennium the human race has evolved quicker than ever and it took WW1 to start that.  With all the human evolving intelligence has also brought more evil into the world, therefore, the predictions of 2012 could very well come true!

On a personal note, I am considered being a bit scatty at times so you can scoff at me as much as you like, I am used to it!

Oh boy, I didn't even notice the "They all thought the earth was flat"argument...it's a beaut..mainly because it's collosally wrong. Nobody ever thought the earth was flat...I really wish they would stop saying that in schools.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2008, 12:48:42 PM »

Oh boy, I didn't even notice the "They all thought the earth was flat"argument...it's a beaut..mainly because it's collosally wrong. Nobody ever thought the earth was flat...I really wish they would stop saying that in schools.

in ancient times a lot of societies did believe the Earth was flat.

You're probably thinking about the belief that some people say they thought it in Medieval times - that's the part that's collosally wrong

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Maxriddles

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2008, 01:31:41 PM »

Almost every year is predicted by someone somewhere to be the end of the world. I can remember a number of predicted doomsdays coming and going in the last 10 -15 years in particular. I would expect the 2012 prediction to go the same way.

If anyone fancies a bet on the world ending in 2012 (or any other year) I am happy to lay at any price u want if you wish to ship me your stake. Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2008, 01:47:58 PM »

Almost every year is predicted by someone somewhere to be the end of the world. I can remember a number of predicted doomsdays coming and going in the last 10 -15 years in particular. I would expect the 2012 prediction to go the same way.

If anyone fancies a bet on the world ending in 2012 (or any other year) I am happy to lay at any price u want if you wish to ship me your stake. Wink

Yes, & perfectly understandable, I suppose. The really bizarre thing is that there is always someone who actually believes that! These folks also believe the CIA was behind the death of JFK, the Yanks never landed on the moon, 9/11 was another CIA plot, & Online Poker is rigged.

The world will, very probably, end eventually, & someone will have sucked out on the date & said "there you are, I told you so". Except, like all of us, they'll be brown bread. A chirpless victory, phyrric indeed.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2008, 02:34:38 PM »

All of this fails to tell me why my toast always land butter side down. Sad

I expect it's because Nostadamus predicted it. In code, of course.

The day of the toast will arrive
And it will be a buttered piece of toast
And through the passage of flight
The toast will land butter side down

Of course, it was all predicted with hindsight and anyway, it was only a dodgy translation that came up with the word toast in the first place. He was actually referring to something completely different. Murphy's Law is still the best explanation for why the toast lands butter side down.
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2008, 02:49:06 PM »

Having said that, I'm now quite worried about what will happen when Tikay reaches 50,000 posts. I managed to dig up this old Nostradamus quatrain, which clearly predicts something awful may happen:

Being seated by night in secret study,
alone resting on the bronze stool,
a slight flame emerging from solitude
makes utter what it is not vain to believe.

However, the reference to the slight flame gives me hope that when he does reach 50,000 posts it may just be some kind of transformation that takes place, rather than a definitive end.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2008, 03:23:43 PM »

i just thought barack obama is an anogram for BOMB AMERICA

MADE YOU LOOK LOL.,.,.,.,.,

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: