blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:09:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How's my line?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How's my line?  (Read 1558 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2008, 08:32:51 PM »

How'd this go?  I only called pre because I'd been a bit active on the table.  I'd had decent cards for a nice run, but didn't get much opposition so not much was shown.  I'd also raised UTG a few times and taken the blinds including the hand before this one. I was certain that someone would pick up on it sooner or later so with the jacks, I didn't want to get too agro preflop with a guy that had me easily covered and also hadn't played too much prior to now, I can't remember the last time he raised preflop.  So I flatted and saw a flop.  I was thinking of leading out but wanted to see where it went and was happy to peel off the c-bet as 600 was a figure that I assumed he bet and indeed did.   The 2nd king on the turn seemed a bit of a safe card so I went for the C/R assuming that I was good here.

PokerStars Game #23407170199: Tournament #130572336, $4.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2008/12/30 20:24:19 GMT [2008/12/30 15:24:19 ET]
Table '130572336 20' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: cherryon (8292 in chips)
Seat 2: Meloku (9515 in chips)
Seat 3: Scha (1735 in chips)
Seat 4: Dunsinane (2290 in chips)
Seat 5: Philidor2 (3410 in chips)
Seat 6: MUBBLESX19 (2900 in chips)
Seat 7: Graham0573 (5380 in chips)
Seat 8: Riepers (5035 in chips)
MUBBLESX19: posts small blind 75
Graham0573: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Graham0573 [ ]
Riepers: folds
cherryon: folds
Meloku: raises 300 to 450
Scha: folds
Dunsinane: folds
Philidor2: folds
MUBBLESX19: folds
Graham0573: calls 300
*** FLOP *** [ ]
Graham0573: checks
Meloku: bets 600
Graham0573: calls 600
*** TURN *** [ ] []
Graham0573: checks
Meloku: bets 1800
Graham0573: raises 2530 to 4330 and is all-in

Played ok or not so good?

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 08:40:22 PM »

I kinda hate it mate.

I only called pre cos because i'd been a bit active on the table

even though you hadnt had many showdows you'd been active without really picking up anything but now you've got the goods and great youve got the image to get paid!!!! but you flat?

also out of the BB flatting here is horribe with JJ, so many flops are gonna have you scratching your head as to where you are+ being OOP doesnt help.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 08:43:22 PM »

lol fair enough, will go back a step

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 08:45:45 PM »

why can't he have AK? KQ? your read is he's a tight player, would a tight player fire a second bullet without a King?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 08:51:27 PM »

He could have obvioulsy, but I thought it was less likely that he did have.  Looking back, it was a bit hasty, I tend to have a habit of deciding how a hand is going to go from the early stages sometimes and don't tend to reconsider as the hand develops.

I'm hopefully working on it.   That and accumulating chips mid tourney lol

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 11:29:42 PM »

I agree with bolt- your table image means your getting snapped by many hands you beat.

Re raise pre flop and snap him when he shoves

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 11:39:47 PM »

I agree with bolt- your table image means your getting snapped by many hands you beat.

Re raise pre flop and snap him when he shoves
yup

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 11:39:46 AM »

i like it up to the turn. when the king pairs u need to have some kind of read. My default would be to check call again, unless villain was 1/2 competent in which case he would realise its a terrible card to double barrel. A nice tell here is the speed of turn bet, if someone has just turned a huge hand like trips/house they will pause for a moment to consider how to get the most value from the hand. As it is the board is exceptionally dry so again half decent players would often check back the turn to let you do something dumb on the end and get more value, as its hard for you to continue with most of your range.

Im not a great fan of the turn CR, i assume you did that for protection and as you are potcommited if you continue. Actually, i think ur line is pretty good. wp.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 01:35:10 PM »

I tend to have a habit of deciding how a hand is going to go from the early stages sometimes and don't tend to reconsider as the hand develops

What you want to do, and this point is vital, you want to be betting for info more Smiley

I agree with Alex. I think you played it well. On the flop the guy bets 600 into 975 with A-k/K-Q on a dry K-high board? I think that's on the steep side for A-K. Then when he trips up on the turn he bets 1800 into 2175. So he bets an even bigger % of the pot when his hand is the nutz. I don't think he bets so big if has a K. He checks and lets the active LAG spaz the river into him. Pushing the turn means he folds most his range imo. Call turn and v-bet 1200 on river to get a frustrated and disbelieving call from pocket 10's or check river and get A-Q pushing.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 06:03:48 PM »

I tend to have a habit of deciding how a hand is going to go from the early stages sometimes and don't tend to reconsider as the hand develops

What you want to do, and this point is vital, you want to be betting for info more Smiley

I agree with Alex. I think you played it well. On the flop the guy bets 600 into 975 with A-k/K-Q on a dry K-high board? I think that's on the steep side for A-K. Then when he trips up on the turn he bets 1800 into 2175. So he bets an even bigger % of the pot when his hand is the nutz. I don't think he bets so big if has a K. He checks and lets the active LAG spaz the river into him. Pushing the turn means he folds most his range imo. Call turn and v-bet 1200 on river to get a frustrated and disbelieving call from pocket 10's or check river and get A-Q pushing.

look at stack sizes though, he will never fire a 3rd barrel here unless he is retarded as he has no fe on the river. I think you give him a free shot at anywhere from 2-6outs when crai on turn stops him from continuing.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 06:37:04 PM »

look at stack sizes though, he will never fire a 3rd barrel here unless he is retarded as he has no fe on the river. I think you give him a free shot at anywhere from 2-6outs when crai on turn stops him from continuing.

Yeah, you're point is a worthy one Alex and you've made me re-consider that. But then again villain's bet sizes vs the board strike me as someone really pressing in spite of what's actually going on. It's hard to put Silo on a draw when the flop comes down. So his c-call oop says he may well have a King. Even so the guy still bangs in 1800 on the turn when Silo checks again. He isn't stopping to think about stuff imo, he's just pumping away. So this guy could well be retarded. If Silo is beat here I would say his oppo has Q-Q and that would confirm retardness imo. But if the guy is pressing nothing he always folds to a CRAI and knows he can only win if he continues with spaz mode on the river. Either way has merit I suppose.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 06:39:43 PM »

Interesting comments, thanks.   He called and showed 99 for the FH, so I was kinda right on one hand, but massively wrong on the other.

Wish I'd have shoved PF !

spence

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 06:57:44 PM »

Interesting comments, thanks.   He called and showed 99 for the FH, so I was kinda right on one hand, but massively wrong on the other.

Wish I'd have shoved PF !

Shoving pre is bad, you should be 3-bet/stacking tho
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: