blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:07:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Played this like a noob- what now???
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Played this like a noob- what now???  (Read 2131 times)
noble1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 04:03:38 PM »

tough decision imo without any reads george on how the other 2 had played up to now...
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 05:02:34 PM »

if you had KK then it would be really close to a call... but fold once all the action gets back to you.

WTF?!? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 05:09:42 PM »

i do not mind the flat call as JonnyMalc range would normally be QQ+ AKs+ in this situation and after his re-raise all in to isolate QTgirlE3

wtf? how has he isolated? the ai is barely more than a call

the only reason to not put your hand in the air here is because it's too busy fistpumping

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
spence

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 05:30:11 PM »

FWIW I'm usually 3 betting this 99% of the time but for some reason the buy in froze me up and I started making gay calls like this one.

I know QTEgirl is a decent player- surely he's not squeezing light against an UTG player- I was more worried about his range than UTG

Given the situation here I like the flat pre, but feel it should be with the intention of getting it in versus the squeeze.  Regardless, you should probably know what you're doing versus the squeeze before you flat pre.

(btw - good to see you doing well, bud)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 06:01:34 PM »

love how u played it, now call. I am worried about Jonny Malc but v a range of JJ+ and AQs+ its 100% call. combinatronics ftw.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 06:02:18 PM »

FWIW I'm usually 3 betting this 99% of the time but for some reason the buy in froze me up and I started making gay calls like this one.

I know QTEgirl is a decent player- surely he's not squeezing light against an UTG player- I was more worried about his range than UTG

Given the situation here I like the flat pre, but feel it should be with the intention of getting it in versus the squeeze.  Regardless, you should probably know what you're doing versus the squeeze before you flat pre.

(btw - good to see you doing well, bud)

Yes. Very much this. The real difficulty with disguising your hand is that you can't disguise it from yourself. You know how strong you are. So UTG raises, you call with Q-Q, and even then some nutter still pushes over the top with what must be a monster. Our perspective is...we have a raise from UTG which is strong, we've called with Queens which is totally strong, and now this. So you must be beat. But anyone else at the table sees your hand as 6-6 and so the squeeze is on. So having an awareness of how it looks and what opportunities it represents to the other players, and how you will react to further action is absolutely something to be sure of before you even make the call. If you don't you just call and hope things work out and that is a bad call but calling isn't bad in itself.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
spence

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 06:55:13 PM »

BTW I very much agree with Mantis's implication that the squeeze range is much wider than you're assuming.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: