blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:17:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  Beginners guide to Holdem Manager
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beginners guide to Holdem Manager  (Read 76760 times)
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2010, 03:59:19 PM »

Thanks Evil..  Noted

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2010, 07:21:07 PM »

Thanks Evil..  Noted

No problem mate. Glad to be of help.

To be honest unless you play a huge volume daily you aren't really going to get much from 15 days.

You won't play enough hands against other players to be able to build any meaningful stats so don't pay too much attention to your HUD.

I'd start by just using it to review your sessions after you've finished. Just go through the big pot hands and see if there's anywhere you think you may have gone wrong.

I guess the main tip is to play as many hands as possible but don't use the HUD just yet for helping with decisions. You need at least 50 hands to be able to take any notice and a lot more to be confident of your reads.

At the end of your 15 days have a look at all the combinations of hole cards that you've been playing. It will show you which cards are losing you money the most often. You can then look at these hands to see where you went wrong or if you just ran in to coolers. You may find that you have to change the way you play small pairs from early position for example. You may find that there's particular combinations of cards that just don't work for you in certain positions so you should be folding pre.

Remember that HEM isn't just about the HUD. The most important thing for me is reviewing afterwards to try to plug leaks. Look at your vpip/pfr/3bet and see how your stats are. This will help you see if you are doing too much limping or raising in early position.

Just checked your post and I see that you play tournaments. One place where your HUD may be useful is in blind stealing when you get short. Try to look for someone who is limping 40% or more or better still raising 30% or more. These are ideal candidates for shoving over the top of to make your steals more profitable. Someone who limps 40% of pots is unlikely to call a 10 to 15 bb shove. Someone who raises 30% of pots is unlikely to call a 15 to 20 bb shove. You can just use session stats for this rather than full stats as people can play differently on different days.

Gl with it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2010, 08:12:22 PM »

Thanks Mate... I will give it a bash and report back..

Thanks for taking the time to post.. Much appreciated.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »

Does HEM support Boss (ie. DTD)?
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2010, 11:02:52 AM »

Thanks to all who have posted on this thread on OBV respect to Tank for the topic.

Just some general questions:  I have the link from here so TY i intend to downlaod the trial. ( no way is it goner be painless form me, i don't roll that lucky )

As i play Tournies low stakes and i am one of them ai with best hand players Tank mentioned earlier, i am not sure that the hud will be of great value to me, but..... Am i right that this software can show me things like how often aa ak ect hold??

Am i also right that is shows a graph demonstratiuon how well you are running in relation to how well you should be  running!!!  God my english is pants  soz all. Or is that poker tracker.

Cheers GL all

Steve
smileriraq

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2010, 12:43:14 PM »

great thread so far tank - you have made the transition to using the software very easy

i do have one question when i play SNG my stats are reset is this because i can view my collated stats using the software ?

also obviously as the blinds increase and the numbers dwindle how do you account for the increase in play without skewing your stats

Click to see full-size image.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2010, 06:15:35 PM »

All,
           Just got the Free trial after reading and being inspired by this thread.

I only play on Stars and pretty much only play tourney $10 max.

Would apprecite any guidance in getting the most of my 15 day trial.

Thanks.

Don't go on a 2 week holiday.

This is awesome

WP Matt.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2010, 11:59:41 PM »

Couple of quick questions:

1) Is there any column in any of the tabs that shows you on average how many tables you play at a time? I've clicked around a bit and can't find such a stat, but I'm sure PT used to have this stat

2) In the tourney>reports tab two of the columns are '$' and '$ (EV adjusted)'. The '$' column obv shows how many chips you're up or down in total, but is the '$ EV adjusted' column how many chips you theroretically should've won according to cEV? Basically am I right in thinking that if the $ev adjusted column is a higher number than the '$' column you're 'running bad'?  
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2010, 04:29:23 PM »

Basically am I right in thinking that if the $ev adjusted column is a higher number than the '$' column you're 'running bad'?  

Running bad with the cards you were dealt.  It doesn't make any allowance for the fact that your cards were significantly better or worse than an expected distribution.  I've seen players moan about getting aces cracked too often, and then on closer inspection seen that they got dealt JJ+ AQ+ 5 times an orbit.

A cursory look at the red line graph is ok once in a while to sanity-check if it is run-bad or play-bad, but some people read far too much into it imo.

keilan303

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »

I have just moved to HEM after being a long term fan of PT (but never actually paying for it)....PT graphs are great to look at but HEM graphs look absolute balls, is there a way to tidy them up a bit?
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2010, 01:37:20 AM »

is anyone having problems importing files from full tilt?

Just me
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2011, 01:10:45 PM »

Just found this thread - two quick questions as I am mid session.

1)How do I get the HUD to display full database stats and not just the comp or table you are currently at or in?
2)How do you turn off the display of the previous hand?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2011, 02:08:04 AM »

Not long got this, quality piece of kit. Exposes my (many) flaws in my game. Well worth the money!
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2011, 11:26:21 PM »

good thread - thanks! certainly a starter for 10..

ps... where is tank these days?
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2011, 11:09:46 PM »

Not so much me and the pokers these days.

Single mans game innit

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: