blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:47:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 92092 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: April 09, 2024, 06:48:33 PM »

My bold predictions for the year

Andy will retire after the US open he will announce it before Wimbledon
Draper will be GB number 1
Norrie won't be seeded at Wimbledon
Watson will focus on doubles now she has a ranking good enough to get her into choice of WTA and her singles ranking is ITF
We will have 2 women seeded for the US open

Think Andy retires
Draper will be number 1, but Norrie will be seeded for Wimbledon.  Think we may have 3 men's seeds as Evans is playing well again.
Agree on Watson.
Think 2 women's seeds at US Open is a big ask.  Think Boulter is 50/50.  Burrage is too flakey late in games right now, need to improve her mental game.  Dart can get closer to top 50.  Am pretty sure Raducanu gets to top 32 again, but think the earliest is after US Open.  Think she'll need to get last 8 in a grand slam and/or win a WTA 250 and do pretty well elsewhere. She'll also be unseeded for some time in WTAs and Grand Slams, so could get some dreadful draws. 

4 months on from my BOLD predictions

1) Andy had basically announced his retirement
2) Jack is closing in on Norrie but injury and fitness are not right yet
3) Norrie needs a deep run soon or he will be lucky to be top 50 come Wimbledon
4) singles keep falling but she hasn't got a settled doubles partner yet
5) Burrage's injury has hampered this one can't see anyone joining Boulter (hoping her form remains strong enough) as a seed now

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 09, 2024, 06:49:41 PM »

Drapers match today was good but got a toughest possible 1st round draw

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 13, 2024, 05:59:06 PM »

Emma looked good past this weekend, and Harriet looked much better today than yesterday.

If Emma can play like that' stay clear of injury and keep getting the wildcards she should be able to get inside the top 100 sooner rather

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 14, 2024, 12:19:40 AM »

Emma looked good past this weekend, and Harriet looked much better today than yesterday.

If Emma can play like that' stay clear of injury and keep getting the wildcards she should be able to get inside the top 100 sooner rather

Harriet as been playing well recently, but was no better on day 2 than day 1.  Katie on the other hand...

Winning away on clay when neither has much experience was a top top result. 

Raducanu is looking a lot better this year than last year.  Top 100 should be feasible by the end of summer.  Hopefullly she can get to the quarter finals at wimbledon or somewhere.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 14, 2024, 05:10:30 PM »

FFS school boy error my excuse of lack of sleep wont cut it i suppose :-)

yeah, IF she can stay fit a week or 2 of good tennis and luck of the draws can get her back in the mix she is only 506 points outside the top 100

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 18, 2024, 03:42:24 PM »

Raducanu on just after 6 tonight after 3 easier matches.  Noskova is a bright young thing who has just beaten Ostapenko.  Playing her and Swiatek will give a better picture of where Raducanu is now(don't think the scoreline Vs Kerber reflects the match, and the BJK matches were both 3 setters, so can't get carried away yet).  Don't think Raducanu was completely fit at the end of the Kerber match, which goes someway to explaining the 2.62 odds on Raducanu.  Also Raducanu is having to wait for dropouts to see if she avoids qualifying for the French Open. Not convinced she gets a wild card there.  Though maybe if she beats Swiatek, they can't ignore her?  Big odds on winning the next two matches for Raducanu, so unlikely to be relevant.

One thing I didn't expect at the start of the year was Dan Evans retiring, but it at least looks a possibility judging by some recent comments.  Norrie is still clinging on to his top 32 spot. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 18, 2024, 08:06:06 PM »

Raducanu on just after 6 tonight after 3 easier matches.  Noskova is a bright young thing who has just beaten Ostapenko.  Playing her and Swiatek will give a better picture of where Raducanu is now(don't think the scoreline Vs Kerber reflects the match, and the BJK matches were both 3 setters, so can't get carried away yet).  Don't think Raducanu was completely fit at the end of the Kerber match, which goes someway to explaining the 2.62 odds on Raducanu.  Also Raducanu is having to wait for dropouts to see if she avoids qualifying for the French Open. Not convinced she gets a wild card there.  Though maybe if she beats Swiatek, they can't ignore her?  Big odds on winning the next two matches for Raducanu, so unlikely to be relevant.

One thing I didn't expect at the start of the year was Dan Evans retiring, but it at least looks a possibility judging by some recent comments.  Norrie is still clinging on to his top 32 spot. 

Easy game it turns out.  Looking like a potential top 10 player again.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 18, 2024, 08:13:03 PM »

great win from Emma tonight against a player just outside the top 30, tomorrows game will be interesting. She could put herself in the wildcard picture with a win tomorrow how ever unlikely that is
Yeah can't see the appeal for Evans playing in challenger events and/or qualifying matches unless he finds some form he is GB number 4 now so not even assured a spot on the bench for Davis cup.

In doubles news i see Bains and Lumsden are back together this week neither did anything major during there split

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: Today at 01:14:08 PM »

Raducanu 10/1 for this afternoon.  Probably going to struggle to watch any of it as at work.  Couldn't resist a muggy few quid on her though.  Doesn't feel like a 10/1 chance, even if Swiatek is so dominant on clay. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: Today at 03:18:56 PM »

Raducanu 10/1 for this afternoon.  Probably going to struggle to watch any of it as at work.  Couldn't resist a muggy few quid on her though.  Doesn't feel like a 10/1 chance, even if Swiatek is so dominant on clay. 

she didn't have it all her own way vrs Mertens yesterday but yeah she didn't look like losing either

going to be a tea time match by the look of it

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: