blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:23:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272827 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  "Dusk till Dawn" Poker Club In Nottingham Diary (by Rob Yong)
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Dusk till Dawn" Poker Club In Nottingham Diary (by Rob Yong)  (Read 449638 times)
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #990 on: December 13, 2006, 10:45:01 PM »

Right, I signed up through the web-page, downloaded with the BPOKER code but it doesn't recognise my user ID and password when I try to sign into the software via the register option.

Do I need to create a new account first on the poker client?  The web page implies that I use the one I signed onto the site with.

Sheriff

You have just joined the web site so that you can add comments, feedback etc. You need to join the software after you have downloaded!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 13, 2006, 10:46:30 PM »

it took me just under an hour to get my codes

ralph check your junk mail

I don't have "junk mail" in outlook express, I use "mail washer" to check my mail.

I even tried opening another account with an msn email addy and still received no confirmation email.

I'm starting to think that I may be banned.  Shocked

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 13, 2006, 10:47:51 PM »

My mail arrived within 3 minutes (Im a Man U fan though) Wink
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 13, 2006, 10:52:41 PM »

You have just joined the web site so that you can add comments, feedback etc. You need to join the software after you have downloaded!

Sorted!  Thanks Rob.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
gmoneyAK

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 13, 2006, 10:55:25 PM »

im all joined as well plus my username was free wooo as it was created on betfair crypto so is now free.

Just one quick question on the website not the poker site there is a bit at the top with red crosses that says club member and online member even though im both now they are still red crosses
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #995 on: December 13, 2006, 11:37:29 PM »

Me too......... on both counts  

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #996 on: December 13, 2006, 11:39:42 PM »

im all joined as well plus my username was free wooo as it was created on betfair crypto so is now free.

Just one quick question on the website not the poker site there is a bit at the top with red crosses that says club member and online member even though im both now they are still red crosses

Yes, that wont work till we get the MIS system from Crypto that links to our site........not sure when it will work!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #997 on: December 13, 2006, 11:40:25 PM »

Me too......... on both counts   

So was Slur Alex pointing at his watch 15 minutes after you signed up....?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bigpete

View Profile WWW
« Reply #998 on: December 14, 2006, 03:05:02 AM »

Just one quick question on the website not the poker site there is a bit at the top with red crosses that says club member and on-line member even though im both now they are still red crosses
There are 2 issues here. 
Firstly, in early test versions of the site, we forced people to become a website member before they could either join the club or download software and so it was easy for our internal database to track these cases and update the information accordingly.  We broke that link some time ago and for the time being we have to manually do the updates. 
Secondly, we have no automatic way of updating the information directly from the poker client to our database (as Rob said – we don’t yet have access to their MIS systems – they only give that after you go live), so for the time being, we aim to do a periodic reconciliation run and update the information.  This will only be possible if you use the same e-mail address in both cases.
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 14, 2006, 03:15:16 AM »

Minor quibble Pete.

When you input the info to join the live club, giving your date of birth is a pain in the bum. It gives you one of those calendar wotsits that is used for booking flights etc. It starts at todays date and you have to cycle back thru month by month to get back to your birthday.

Now it's not to bad for me I only had to go back 404 months, but if Tikay was trying to put his birthday in then it would take him a week!

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
gmoneyAK

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: December 14, 2006, 03:19:38 AM »

had the same problem wardonkey if you actually click on the month though it brings up the years.
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 14, 2006, 03:26:42 AM »

had the same problem wardonkey if you actually click on the month though it brings up the years.

Bugger, that's 4 and a half minutes I'll never get back!

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
bigpete

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1002 on: December 14, 2006, 03:28:06 AM »

Minor quibble Pete.

When you input the info to join the live club, giving your date of birth is a pain in the bum. It gives you one of those calendar wotsits that is used for booking flights etc. It starts at todays date and you have to cycle back thru month by month to get back to your birthday.

Now it's not to bad for me I only had to go back 404 months, but if Tikay was trying to put his birthday in then it would take him a week!
I totally agree with you on that, the control is not obvious, although it is quite quick to use when you know how.
If you click on the month year hyperlink, you can go back 10 years wit 1 click by using the < and > hyperlinks at the bottom.  This is obviously not ideal and we are looking into improving this input mechanism in the near future.
To test this, I actually entered tikays DOB in a few seconds (01/04/1900) with no problems whatsoever, although if we made it Tikay proof, we'd have to supply each user with someone to do it for him!!!
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 14, 2006, 03:30:13 AM »

Maybe just a line of text to explain how to use it would be a good idea?

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
bigpete

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1004 on: December 14, 2006, 03:39:30 AM »

Maybe just a line of text to explain how to use it would be a good idea?
Dusk Till Dawns philosophy is, and always will be,  that we are "doing this for our members / players / users". 
We will change the date picker control in the update after the next one, as it is obviously a slight concen to some users.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: