blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:45:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde, going forward.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde, going forward.  (Read 36249 times)
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2009, 09:44:02 PM »

different people keep throwing in the fact you wont go down the route of trillion.

sorry but this stinks of the old government trick of throwing in bad news when there is a big disaster going on. Just because you didnt want to screw people over and practise bad business shouldnt mean we applaud you.

the fact that tighty is the one who is suffering more than anyone is perhaps the fact that a bad business model is being run. If tighty is the one running the business then its only right he should be the one who suffers??? Im sorry if this seems harsh but in the current economic climate if more ceo's or mds suffered down to their bad business sense then maybe things would be better run all round.

before anyone assumes i am attacking tighty here i say it as i see it. I warned plenty of people about trillion and they didnt listen. When other things have seemed strange i have never minded saying what a lot of people though but didnt dare say. i was once banned from here over something and nothing but allowed back on. almost a year later i was attacked personally by a couple of well known blonde members and even the "boss" attacked me himself and made some very personal claims against me. After I asked by pm wtf was going on the thread was quickly removed and swept under the carpet. Even back then I thought what sort of man is this to be running a site. I will probably be banned again for saying this but where so many of you think tighty is the glue that holds the site together I think you have been sniffing it. I am allowed my opinion on this even though it will be probably be removed quite quickly.  

no no lets keep your views up for all to see.

The business model is inherited from a time before Tighty had anything to do with the running of Blonde. He has said many times he would like to change it but without funds he can't.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2009, 09:44:19 PM »

It sucks that you have to take these measures, but if it's what has to be done, then so be it...

Feel bad for Snoopy and Floppy but I'm sure they understand.

I don't see why Blonde can't survive without the updates, although they are cool they certainly aren't a main reason I spend time on here...

Sorry, I'm reading through this thread slowly and periodically commenting as I see fit.

The problem is, it's not just the updates that are going.

I know that the forum is what all the regulars love most about blonde, but how do new members find blonde? Blonde is incredibly, impressively Google-able. When I have searched pretty much anything European-poker-related when writing articles and so on for other sites, blonde has come up on the first page of search results. If you google my name, the first thing you get is my Myspace page, and the second thing you get is my Blondepedia page. That's awesome. Getting this kind of visibility for a site requires a massive amount of maintenance work putting up articles at least once a day, badgering people for interviews and such, and being frankly anally retentive with the thoroughness of the results page, and with Snoopy gone it will all vanish in a matter of months. If people can't easily stumble on to blonde, there will be no new sign ups. The photo galleries will no longer magically appear on the site, because Snoopy spent endless tedious hours putting up all the photos, one by one. Although with no updates, there won't be any new photos anyway.

The forum will of course not be affected immediately, but keeping this visibility up is incredibly important. If the visibility goes, the forum can do nothing but stagnate. If people can't find blonde, they won't sign up to blonde.

I don't think anyone disagrees with you Dana but I don't think there was any other choice at this time. i think everyones hoping this is just temporary.

But there is no temporary with losing that level of visibility. It will tail off very rapidly and once it's gone, it's gone, and then you have to start again from scratch. Some sites pay hundreds of thousands for that kind of Google visibility. I think throwing it away for the sake of a grand a month is a massive mistake.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2009, 09:45:01 PM »

It sucks that you have to take these measures, but if it's what has to be done, then so be it...

Feel bad for Snoopy and Floppy but I'm sure they understand.

I don't see why Blonde can't survive without the updates, although they are cool they certainly aren't a main reason I spend time on here...

Sorry, I'm reading through this thread slowly and periodically commenting as I see fit.

The problem is, it's not just the updates that are going.

I know that the forum is what all the regulars love most about blonde, but how do new members find blonde? Blonde is incredibly, impressively Google-able. When I have searched pretty much anything European-poker-related when writing articles and so on for other sites, blonde has come up on the first page of search results. If you google my name, the first thing you get is my Myspace page, and the second thing you get is my Blondepedia page. That's awesome. Getting this kind of visibility for a site requires a massive amount of maintenance work putting up articles at least once a day, badgering people for interviews and such, and being frankly anally retentive with the thoroughness of the results page, and with Snoopy gone it will all vanish in a matter of months. If people can't easily stumble on to blonde, there will be no new sign ups. The photo galleries will no longer magically appear on the site, because Snoopy spent endless tedious hours putting up all the photos, one by one. Although with no updates, there won't be any new photos anyway.

The forum will of course not be affected immediately, but keeping this visibility up is incredibly important. If the visibility goes, the forum can do nothing but stagnate. If people can't find blonde, they won't sign up to blonde.

I don't think anyone disagrees with you Dana but I don't think there was any other choice at this time. i think everyones hoping this is just temporary.

But there is no temporary with losing that level of visibility. It will tail off very rapidly and once it's gone, it's gone, and then you have to start again from scratch. Some sites pay hundreds of thousands for that kind of Google visibility. I think throwing it away for the sake of a grand a month is a massive mistake.

But they haven't got a grand, thats the issue. You don't really think they want to get rid of you surely? I don't think this situation and decision came about lightly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:48:08 PM by Dingdell » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »

dana, we don't have the money to pay the staff going forward.

Our cost base has to get below our revenue line NOW

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2009, 09:47:13 PM »

different people keep throwing in the fact you wont go down the route of trillion.

sorry but this stinks of the old government trick of throwing in bad news when there is a big disaster going on. Just because you didnt want to screw people over and practise bad business shouldnt mean we applaud you.

the fact that tighty is the one who is suffering more than anyone is perhaps the fact that a bad business model is being run. If tighty is the one running the business then its only right he should be the one who suffers??? Im sorry if this seems harsh but in the current economic climate if more ceo's or mds suffered down to their bad business sense then maybe things would be better run all round.

before anyone assumes i am attacking tighty here i say it as i see it. I warned plenty of people about trillion and they didnt listen. When other things have seemed strange i have never minded saying what a lot of people though but didnt dare say. i was once banned from here over something and nothing but allowed back on. almost a year later i was attacked personally by a couple of well known blonde members and even the "boss" attacked me himself and made some very personal claims against me. After I asked by pm wtf was going on the thread was quickly removed and swept under the carpet. Even back then I thought what sort of man is this to be running a site. I will probably be banned again for saying this but where so many of you think tighty is the glue that holds the site together I think you have been sniffing it. I am allowed my opinion on this even though it will be probably be removed quite quickly.  

sure you will get a lot of support and hate for me. not many people saw what was said about me on the night in question though

ariston

better lucky than good
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2009, 09:48:07 PM »

sure you will get a lot of support and hate for me. not many people saw what was said about me on the night in question though

I'm not criticising you, I merely wanted to let your comment stay. Of course I disagree with it, but you are entitled to your view

My eyes are open wide
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2009, 09:49:38 PM »

I'm not criticising you, I merely wanted to let your comment stay. Of course I disagree with it, but you are entitled to your view

A bit 1 sided though isnt it?
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2009, 09:51:30 PM »

A bit 1 sided though isnt it?

wrong thread!!
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2009, 09:54:40 PM »

damn
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2009, 09:56:41 PM »

opinions do tend to be one sided and i will admit mine is cloudy after being attacked personally previously. tighty knows where i am coming from though

ariston

better lucky than good
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2009, 09:58:09 PM »

opinions do tend to be one sided and i will admit mine is cloudy after being attacked personally previously. tighty knows where i am coming from though

tighty will tonight be the bigger man, Matthew.

We will always disagree on the issue and thats that

My eyes are open wide
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2009, 10:02:18 PM »

tighty will tonight be the bigger man, Matthew.

We will always disagree on the issue and thats that

fair enough. this makes us square on the kicking a man front

ariston

better lucky than good
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2009, 10:03:11 PM »

No way will we remove it, it will stay.

May I suggest you read my OP again - carefully this time.

Snoops is golden, he has done more for blonde than anyone, as I stated clearly.

He is also a great asset. As I stated clearly.

The Home Page does not contribute any tangible revenue.

The Updates do not contribute any revenue, on the contrary, they soak up all our spare cash. Some folks ONLY visit blonde for the Updates, then disappear until the next one. We'll cope without those fair weather Members.

It may surprise you to know I am aware that no Live Updates will send our Members elsewhere. So be it. I am responsiblefor, & aware of, as the only large Shareholder still active, my fiduciary duties. They do not include employing Staff we cannot pay. I don't have a single CCJ, or Business Bad Debt, to my name, in 40 years of running businesses. I don't plan to change that anytime soon.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2009, 10:07:24 PM »

No way will we remove it, it will stay.

May I suggest you read my OP again - carefully this time.

Snoops is golden, he has done more for blonde than anyone, as I stated clearly.

He is also a great asset. As I stated clearly.

The Home Page does not contribute any tangible revenue.

The Updates do not contribute any revenue, on the contrary, they soak up all our spare cash. Some folks ONLY visit blonde for the Updates, then disappear until the next one. We'll cope without those fair weather Members.

It may surprise you to know I am aware that no Live Updates will send our Members elsewhere. So be it. I am responsiblefor, & aware of, as the only large Shareholder still active, my fiduciary duties. They do not include employing Staff we cannot pay. I don't have a single CCJ, or Business Bad Debt, to my name, in 40 years of running businesses. I don't plan to change that anytime soon.
Just looking at the homepage,is there a reason you (blondepoker) cannot have affiliate links for other sites?
Looking at the competitors, they are full of them. The only banner at the moment is to Blondes own cardroom.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2009, 10:08:58 PM »

if snoopy is such an asset how can he be allowed to leave? surely another roll could be found if you realised what an asset he was.

points very well put as always tony, sorry for allowing my personal feelings to come into this debate- wont happen again.

ariston

better lucky than good
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: