blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 01:26:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273021 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Clarkson did it again but what's wrong with the Beeb?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clarkson did it again but what's wrong with the Beeb?  (Read 13867 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 03:06:52 PM »

His behaviour just lacks the basic respect that all human beings should afford to one another. From that perspective it was ill judged/ignorant/stupid imo. Carol Thatchers comment was also all of these things therefore they are to some extent similar.

Just for the record, Gordon Brown irrelevant of his record as PM is a hugely intelligent man, calling him a bumbling idiot is ignorant in the extreme. I'm not defending Carol Thatcher at all, she is also guilty of considerable ignorance.

How far have standards in society slipped if mocking someone for having one eye is acceptable simply because it is true? We should be better than that, all of us.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 03:07:43 PM »

Lol

Brown is on route to ruining this country.

What exactly is the reason you feel Brown is on route to ruining the country? What would you change?

I dont really have an opinion one way or the other-just interested in other peoples views- for example do you blame him for the current economic climate/Recession??

Scottish Grin
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 03:44:12 PM »

Gordon Brown is Scottish and has got one eye. The reason saying this has negative connotations is because the country is in recession. The country is in recession because Gordon Brown is an idiot (this is the most important of the 3 things). Now if Gordon Brown wasn't an idiot and we all had loads of cash he would be hailed as the great cyclops Scotsman who triumphed in power despite his handicaps. Now society would allow us to use these same factual adjectives to describe the man and it would be deemed ok. Like Gordon Banks. You could say he had one eye and it's ok cos the man was good anyway. So it's Brown's fault his one-eyedness is bad and I can't be held responsible for that.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 03:58:04 PM »

The country is in recession because Gordon Brown is an idiot

Erm -  if the Tories were in power we'd definitely be heading for Great Depression 2. 
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 04:23:12 PM »

Erm -  if the Tories were in power we'd definitely be heading for Great Depression 2. 

I imagine so. But deffo so if they still had an idiot like Major as leader. The man we trusted to make the most important decisions for us all decided Edwina Curry was fit. Ffs why are there only idiots to chose from? Major was the grey boring idiot and Brown is the Scottish idiot with one eye. It is perfectly ok to say that. It is only when you really believe his one eye actually causes his idiocy that you do a bad thing. I don't think that. I think he would be an idiot if he had 20-20. But even with one eye he's got better vision than Major imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 04:32:17 PM »

I imagine so. But deffo so if they still had an idiot like Major as leader. The man we trusted to make the most important decisions for us all decided Edwina Curry was fit. Ffs why are there only idiots to chose from? Major was the grey boring idiot and Brown is the Scottish idiot with one eye. It is perfectly ok to say that. It is only when you really believe his one eye actually causes his idiocy that you do a bad thing. I don't think that. I think he would be an idiot if he had 20-20. But even with one eye he's got better vision than Major imo.

The present crisis had its origin in Thatcher's deregulation IMO.  She created a whole class of tossers who thought they were brill when they were actually just playing a glorified martingale system with the economy as the bankroll. 

The ppl who should make fortunes are entrepreneurs and inventors - not the glorified administrators who head plcs.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 04:45:41 PM »

The present crisis had its origin in Thatcher's deregulation IMO.  She created a whole class of tossers who thought they were brill when they were actually just playing a glorified martingale system with the economy as the bankroll. 

The ppl who should make fortunes are entrepreneurs and inventors - not the glorified administrators who head plcs.

Thatcher's deregulation offered a generation of people the opportunity to flourish. People fecking up that opportunity doesn't mean the idea was bad. People are always fecking up good ideas. Blaming Thatcher for everything is normal though. Yes, entrepreneurs should make fortunes, and they were given that chance under Thatcher and her deregulation.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 05:09:52 PM »

Thatcher's deregulation offered a generation of people the opportunity to flourish. People fecking up that opportunity doesn't mean the idea was bad. People are always fecking up good ideas. Blaming Thatcher for everything is normal though. Yes, entrepreneurs should make fortunes, and they were given that chance under Thatcher and her deregulation.

My point is that they were fourishing under false pretences. 

I can't recall any Thatcherite deregulation that encouraged entrepeneurship - she did reduce the higher levels of tax, but with the high levels of avoidance prevalent at that time its debateable whether that had much effect.

I'm not saying Brown/labour are blameless - they were happy to let the system run.  But it was Thatcher who encouraged the excessive reliance on financial services rather than the genuine wealth created by the partnership of inventiveness and entrepreneurship.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 05:37:03 PM »

I can't recall any Thatcherite deregulation that encouraged entrepeneurship

allowing banks to lend greater proportions of their capital meant finance was made available to entire generations of people - not just for homes, but to start businesses.

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 06:04:15 PM »

While I think his comment is a bit OTT, if more people, like Clarkson spoke their mind the world would be a better place...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 06:05:13 PM »

While I think his comment is a bit OTT, if more people, like Clarkson spoke their mind the world would be a better place...

what people that are like Clarkson DONT speak there mind?
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 06:09:10 PM »

I dont mean 'people like Clarkson', I mean 'people, like Clarkson',  am I making any sense?!

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 06:12:59 PM »

I dont mean 'people like Clarkson', I mean 'people, like Clarkson',  am I making any sense?!

yes, but now i'm concerned

you're saying their should be more Clarkson's in the world?!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Tinsel Town

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 06:13:56 PM »

OMG ...where to start...Thanks Jeremy ( poncy English name) ...keep at it..Tory victory at next election = Scottish independence.

Absolutely no way Scotland will allow itself to be ruled by English public school boys ( like Jeremy ( poncy English name ) )again..not after Thatcher
decimated the place the last time...

The longer Jeremy (poncy English name) keeps ranting on the better......Scotland will be freeeeeee!!!

There's no art to find the mind's construction in the face....William Shakespeare( Macbeth)
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 06:15:50 PM »

yes, but now i'm concerned

you're saying their should be more Clarkson's in the world?!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO!  i'm not a big fan, just like people, in general, who say it how it is, even if sometimes they say something which upsets people...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: