blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:35:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273465 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  SHREWDIES ON TOUR 2009
Poll
Question: What should the Shrewdies do ??  (Voting closed: May 28, 2009, 04:57:19 PM)
 tell Beverly she's fucked our whole holiday up after telling us this late, how did this cross booking happen dont u have spread sheets etc. etc. We want you to refund us the money for our flights or find us a replacement. If not we want proof they signed - 37 (52.1%)
egg her house 'n poop in her pool - 34 (47.9%)
Other ... please specify on thread. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 70

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 ... 289 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SHREWDIES ON TOUR 2009  (Read 640734 times)
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #4095 on: October 13, 2009, 12:30:47 AM »

All above answers are incorrect.

Men of shrewdness include:

Nicky Evans
TommyMfkinC
Trigg
Rooks
Boyband
Benji
Brunny
Linux

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: October 13, 2009, 02:14:35 AM »

Lads...didn't bother to go back through the thread, but if you're in NYC on a Friday - the South Street Sea Port used to be a great place to hang out from about 4 or 5pm til about 10 or 11, then head to East Village or ask the locals at the Sea Port where they go these days.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4097 on: October 13, 2009, 10:21:47 AM »

jones arrived safely

[08:29:58] leknave says: weeeeee
[08:30:03] leknave says: ty for not destroying my fb
[08:33:57] leknave says: june rookle/demps. me and tc went to watch MNF in a heaven bar
[08:34:11] leknave says: was jets ***** in there
[08:34:49] leknave says: me + tc and some dude wearing a marino shirt were going crazy at the end
[08:34:52] leknave says: they were so devvd
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: October 13, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »

Yep arrived safe and sound somehow.

got thru security at the airport for 12 for my 2pm flight.  Sat a fair way from the boards drinking a few pints so id sleep all the way there.  I keep glancing over at it and think i can see my flight which still says wait in lounge (my eyes are [  ] great).  After a while i look at the clock and see its 1345, bit close to the 1355 departure time.  So i go for a closer look.  Get over and see ive been sweating the tenerife 1455 flight.

Then i look to see my actual flight, which in bright red writing says ''final boarding'' im like oh shit no way.  Chin the rest of my beer and start legging it to the gate which luckily is pretty close.  A flight women sees me coming and asks if im Dave Jones going to toronto, im like yeah tht would be me.  I get on the plane and the plane is moving 20 seconds after im sat down.  I couldn't believe i nearly missed it.  so so redic.

Slept nearly the whole way here and wasnt too confident about meeting these 2 when i landed, as neither had phones, i think evans thought the airport was the size of our flat, not a giant international airport.  Eventually we find each other and drive downtown where B and Evans go off to find their suitcases and me and tommy go out on town for a cool first night in what appears to be an awesome city.  Only problem is last drink orders are at 2am throughout the city, sigh.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: October 13, 2009, 07:03:18 PM »

LOL how good do you run,have fun.WTF at the 2am crazyness tho
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: October 13, 2009, 07:04:46 PM »

You see, this is what Middy was talking about.

You always get out of it, only just somehow, everytime!

No justice in the world.

wp on finishing your beer though

TommymfC

View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: October 13, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »

Competition:

Which shrewdie said the below about another shrewdie? Name both for the points.

"lots of the ppl who were there came out with pro careers and lots of dosh and WAGS
uv come ou with a jumper tht u stil wear even tho its about 6 sizes too small for u"

Brent to Rich?

I'm in love with a stripper ...
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: October 13, 2009, 07:37:54 PM »

Competition:

"lots of the ppl who were there came out with pro careers and lots of dosh and WAGS
uv come ou with a jumper tht u stil wear even tho its about 6 sizes too small for u"

Brent to Rich?

sigh, yup.

Howd you know? lol

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4103 on: October 13, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »

New York - rockafella sky deck is probably just as good as empire state, if not better for views and less queues. There is a pretty cool street of bars out in brooklyn towards queens - I remember a bar with sand on the floor and another that looked a bit like mission in Leeds, in terms of railway arch type thing. 
Chiicago - sears tower (now called willis tower!) skydeck is good - has some glass box things tat have just opened which let you stand on glass, hanging 103 floors above the street. If I thought I could have done that part without being sick I would have. Good views again. Soldier field looked pretty impressive from the outside, if they do tours that would be worth a look. If you like chinese food there is a massive china town (tbf it might not be massive, it just felt like it because I was running through it). It's pretty cold so a load of the water sports on the lake will probably be a no go. Ride the loop train thing, just like being in some Chicago based movie. I didn't have any chance to drink so can't help on that side.

TommymfC

View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: October 14, 2009, 01:49:27 AM »

Competition:

Brent to Rich?

sigh, yup.

Howd you know? lol

Just know you both too well! Went to the top of the CN tower today .... Sick Views! Pics to follow soon

I'm in love with a stripper ...
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: October 14, 2009, 05:06:10 AM »

Competition:

Brent to Rich?

sigh, yup.

Howd you know? lol

Just know you both too well! Went to the top of the CN tower today .... Sick Views! Pics to follow soon

ahhh, the CN tower, n1.

Cant wait.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: October 14, 2009, 05:09:01 AM »

you saw a tower! heaven.

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: October 14, 2009, 06:18:14 AM »

wow a tower, please post pics ASAP

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: October 15, 2009, 05:51:17 AM »

Hey guys ım ın turkey now on the famıly hols, durıng the flıght ın there was a major lıghtnıng storm ın turkey, ı could see ıt ın the dıstance when we were flyıng ın, By the tıme we landed ıt had reached the town ım at, ıt was lıghtnıng every 2 or 3 seconds for about 2 hours straıght was pretty cool.

Bıt bored already been up sınce 4am wanderıng around the empty hotel, trıed downloadıng ıpoker so ı could play but the lınk ıs broken atm, ı also left all my money on ıpoker so ım kında skınt ı just trıed to cash some off but ı kepty gettıng an error message, goodjob the hotel ıs all ınclusıve, cant remember my skype detaıls so cant come onlıne.

Ive been readıng vıckey corens book and the fırst 5 or 6 chapters were really borıng, ı was hatıng havıng to tell you that you were rıght BH, but luckıly tshe started datıng joe beevers and the poker boom happened and ıt has got pretty ınterestıng now, ım enjoyıng the read.

ı had a sıck last nıght before ı set off on hols too, at 4am I was +211 for the day after grındıng my ass off vs. thıs spewy reg, ı decıded to play thıs guy who kept buyıng ın for about 75bb, we saw of flop of 992 me holdıng Q9 hım holdıng 22, gg 1 stack. He hıt and ran obv, I see hım sıttıng agaın tıme for revenge, I get QQ and he hıts top paır, I c/r the turn and he calls commıtıng about 90% of hıs stack but paırs hıs kıcker on the rıver, gg another stack and he hıts and runs agaın. Agaın ı fınd hım at another table thıs tıme ı am dealt KK and he ıs dealt AA, another stack gg'd. Then the last tıme I get Aks he gets TT he raıses ı 3bet he calls, ı cbet the TJx flop whıch pretty much puts us both ın, obv he calls wıth the set and fades the Q. gg all my profıt ı leave for hols desperate to sıt n play more poker, thıs was all HU btw, my ınternet useage ıs over 90% tıme to go, cya soon.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4109 on: October 15, 2009, 10:42:33 AM »

wtf family holiday, arent u like 25 mate?
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 ... 289 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: