blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:48:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Baseball Season
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baseball Season  (Read 19731 times)
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2009, 11:43:27 PM »

Did you have to say that Indy 

On the plus side the Mariners may get more TV coverage now they have Indy as their new No1 fan

sponsored by Fyffes
scottm

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 12:24:26 AM »

Did you have to say that Indy 

On the plus side the Mariners may get more TV coverage now they have Indy as their new No1 fan

Maybe Cheesy 

But i'll just wave goodbye to the chance of  a  .500 record just now ..... cheers Indy 
scottm

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2009, 12:39:27 AM »

Weeeeeeeeeee !!

Mariners back over .500      and only 2 games back from the division leaders
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2009, 06:44:27 AM »

Weeeeeeeeeee !!

Mariners back over .500      and only 2 games back from the division leaders

Weeeeeeeee

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2009, 11:47:36 AM »

anyone else noticed ESPN on 417 sky channels is now free for everyone! Has baseball games live everyday. Been ill for a week in bed and it was great to have baseball.
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2009, 09:29:09 PM »

anyone else noticed ESPN on 417 sky channels is now free for everyone! Has baseball games live everyday. Been ill for a week in bed and it was great to have baseball.

Didn't know that, cheers.  Cool
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2009, 09:39:05 PM »

So ESPN have officially taken over Setanta's 46 Premier league matches and have stated that under the new banner they will also be showing all the other major league US sports for a £9 package,so thats a discount from Setanta.I hope that they will go down the lines of having some UK based programmes and maybe we will get a return of Jonny and Josh but most of all Mike Carlson,I'am sure they would pick up a better following for the US sports  if the were explained by these presenters rather than just expecting people to jump in at the deep end.
    On a side note i was really surprised how many yanks were watching the confederation cup whilst i was in Vegas this year(and really into it).Whilst playing poker i was often asked about the EPL with many of the under 30's having a favourite team and looking forward to the new season and especially the world cup in SA.Is the USA falling in love with the beautiful game?

shy bairns get nowt
Dino

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2009, 09:42:38 PM »

That's £9 if you subscribe to Sky Sports,£12 if not,a lot of money for a single channel.
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2009, 09:49:52 PM »

Yeah your right,but if you already had the full Setanta package it's cheaper than before and i was presuming most people who had the football package already had Sky sports which is probable not right as i know a few who just had Setanta football just for the lower league coverage.

shy bairns get nowt
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2009, 09:56:10 PM »

Yeah your right,but if you already had the full Setanta package it's cheaper than before and i was presuming most people who had the football package already had Sky sports which is probable not right as i know a few who just had Setanta football just for the lower league coverage.

in the original setanta package, you had 12 channels, including sports such as golf, UFC, european football from loads of countries, SPL, EPL, Major league baseball, Ice hockey, NFL, Plus CelticTV/RangersTV etc etc all for £12.99

ESPN so far have only announced EPL and MLB for £9........thats not enough for my £9 TBH (Setanta's Big draw for me was SPL and UFC)

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2009, 10:07:38 PM »

Well we will just have to see what comes out in the wash,I'am sure i read somehere that the SPL was going to Sky sports and as the UFC rights are owned by Espn surely it will still be shown.

EDIT; looks like it's still up in the air  (from digital spy)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's four days to go until UFC 100, and there's still no TV deal announced for the show - it's expected they'll sign a one-off for this show and then sign a long term deal from 101 onwards.

The Telegraph say it'll either be Virgin1 or Bravo showing it, and that the announcement won't be made for another day or two. They also say ESPN or Five are likely for the long term deal.

Still, even if the deal's announced tomorrow, this is cutting it really fine to get the event publicised. Especially for a show featuring a British fighter in Michael Bisping.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 10:11:47 PM by cdw1111 » Logged

shy bairns get nowt
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »

two main reasons i had setanta were for the american sport and USPGA - now i can get the baseball on MLB.TV and the USPGA has moved to Eurosport2, so i get what i want for cheaper than paying for setanta.

might be different when hockey season starts after baseball finishes - dunno how much that is yet.

On the plus side i watched Pablo Sandoval hit his first ever grand slam in last nights win over the Marlins to go further clear in the wild card race - no 80/1 on offer now, hope everyone got a few bananas each way on? thumbs up

sponsored by Fyffes
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2009, 11:18:37 PM »

Yeah Matt I like the look of the Giants for the wild card spot in the national league, I don't really rate any of your potential rivals for that spot.

Hoping the Cubs can still win the central, given how massively our batting lineup has under achieved in the first half of the season to be only 2 games back is a relief. If we bat anywhere near our potential 2nd half of the season we should get there.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2009, 11:34:21 PM »

one problem for the cubs is that it is looking like the only way they can make the post season is by winning the central division as the AL East looks very strong during the first half of the season

sponsored by Fyffes
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2009, 11:46:45 PM »

one problem for the cubs is that it is looking like the only way they can make the post season is by winning the central division as the AL East looks very strong during the first half of the season

Cubs are in the NL central, so in theory we are one of the rival to the Giants for the wild card spot. In the AL i agree the wild card is sure to come from the East with the Yankees, Red Sox and improving Rays in that division.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: