blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:49:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272644 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  AA on a paired board deep in the Ipoker 12.5k
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AA on a paired board deep in the Ipoker 12.5k  (Read 2237 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2009, 11:23:58 AM »

Right dont have the actual hand history because Im at work but heres what I remember

12.5k guaranteed $5 rebuy on ipokes

Ive been playing very tight, got some good value out of my big hands and just trying not to spew and blow up as normal.

51 people remaining from 1197 blinds are 3000/6000 ante 500 (not sure about the ante) average stack is 110k i have 66k villain has 68k

Were 8 handed and im dealt   utg + 1
I raise to 18k
Villain calls in the cutoff, blinds fold.

Flop comes down  

Whats my line here? Do I lead out? Check it to him?
Theres already nearly 50k in the pot and I have 48k back.

Thoughts please.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 11:27:18 AM »

Bet 25k or shove, happy with either.  Check-raise, check-call assuming he sets you in is fine also...

Whatever and however you can get the money in, there's not much you can do wrong here to be honest, no turn card will become a scare card...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
daviebhoy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 11:29:11 AM »

We want to get it allin here and have him call when he is behind. This flop isn't the greatest for us and there are no draws so I would check and hope he bluffs at it. No harm in giving a free card here so hope he hits the turn or river and get it all in then. If he has a K you are out - no point worrying about that as you are not folding. With stacks as they are getting all the chips in the middle is not an issue. We just dont want him folding.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 12:05:25 PM »

Just shove pre.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 12:10:23 PM »

Just shove pre.

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 12:12:22 PM »

Surely we're more likely to get action if we make a standard raise?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »

Surely we're more likely to get action if we make a standard raise?

This.

I thought about shoving pre, but surely a lot of hands i want invoved would fold to a shove?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »

Limp pre.

Hopefully someone will try to squeeze. If you've been tight someone might just think you're weak.

If you get a multiway pot check and someone's bound to try to nick it.

Snap them off and hope that you've not been muffed.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 12:29:12 PM »

I thought about shoving pre, but surely a lot of hands i want invoved would fold to a shove?

how many hands fold to a shortstack shove but call a 3x open from an 11x stack?

not enough to make up for the loss of value from those that call both the shove and the standard open but give up on most flops costing you 8xBB each time

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
daviebhoy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 12:29:48 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with pushing/limping or standard raise pre. Totally table dependant.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 12:38:36 PM »

Snap them off and hope that you've not been muffed.

Muffaments

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 12:59:38 PM »

I don't like limping pre as you'll entice people to limp behind you and prob only gonna get it in with someone you would more easily if you raised anyway. You don't really wanna see a multiway pot here either and it's gonna be hard to get paid oop unless we give them too good an opportunity to outdraw us. Players in these tournies are happy to limp behind with anything thats not a big pair/premium once u've limped but they'd prob call a raise from you so let's build a pot and get it in on basically any flop. We've got to play the hand for a full double up here imo.

I tend to make it a little less than 3bb here - like 15.5/16k.

As played after the flop I think you should make a weak lead to entice your opponent to shove any two. I prob gay bet like 10.5k. If he has a king gl to him - we can't ever pass here.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Autobetkev

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »

I don't like limping pre as you'll entice people to limp behind you and prob only gonna get it in with someone you would more easily if you raised anyway. You don't really wanna see a multiway pot here either and it's gonna be hard to get paid oop unless we give them too good an opportunity to outdraw us. Players in these tournies are happy to limp behind with anything thats not a big pair/premium once u've limped but they'd prob call a raise from you so let's build a pot and get it in on basically any flop. We've got to play the hand for a full double up here imo.

I tend to make it a little less than 3bb here - like 15.5/16k.

As played after the flop I think you should make a weak lead to entice your opponent to shove any two. I prob gay bet like 10.5k. If he has a king gl to him - we can't ever pass here.

+1

How can you soar like an eagle if you surround yourself with turkeys?
LOJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 02:22:13 PM »

Bet 25k or shove, happy with either.  Check-raise, check-call assuming he sets you in is fine also...

Whatever and however you can get the money in, there's not much you can do wrong here to be honest, no turn card will become a scare card...

^^ this
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 02:33:41 PM »

15k pre. Unless villians behind you know your game really well, then we can pull a reverse tell and shove pre.

Whatever you do on the flop, it is pretty difficult to muff it. I think i make a really weak lead here, but there is nothing wrong with checking here on such a dry board with villian drawing to 2 outs at best.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: