blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:03:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  How difficult was it for you to first use PT and ICM Calculators?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How difficult was it for you to first use PT and ICM Calculators?  (Read 9889 times)
FuglyBaz

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2009, 11:16:05 AM »

As some of you know I've just got back into poker. This time I aim to eliminate bad habits I got myself into, and if this means using tools then I'll use them.

I know what ICM is etc, but what I don't have a clue is what percentage to give a player to calculate my ICM's against their range.

Can any of the ICM experts here provide a very quick rundown of what kind of percentages I should be entering? Say if they push 2 hands out of 3 in 3 handed do i type 66% to calulate my equity v theirs?

www.confused.com - any help appreciated Smiley

Cheers
Baz
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 11:31:15 AM »

It'll be sitation specific, you've got to develop a feel for it over time.

Only thing I can suggest is to post a few hand historys that are ICM-able. Either when it's been folded round to you, or when one player in front of you has gone all in.
Don't need the entire hand history obv, just the stack sizes and the action that has gone before your turn to act pf.

We can then tell you how often we'd expect the typical opponent to call in that particular sitaution.

Might also need to know what limit you're playing. I'd be no help telling you what a typical opponent would do in a $5 game for instance, coz I have no idea. Others might tho.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
FuglyBaz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 11:36:58 AM »

I'll dig some hands out that are 'ICM-able' for you.

I feel rather embarassed to say this, but I am only playing $1 sng's this time around Sad
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 11:59:28 AM »

$1 is a fine enough place to start.

When you prime your game and you're happy with it though, you should look to move up as soon as possible to levels where they don't charge more than 10% in rake.

At some sites this is the $5 level and at other it is $10 iirc

The disproportionate rake at the micor limits is usually a killer.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: