blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:07:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  LEEDS ALEA CASH GAME 50p 1£
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LEEDS ALEA CASH GAME 50p 1£  (Read 789 times)
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2009, 03:57:17 AM »

just sat down 3 hands ago table is really bad.
saw someone called 17.50 quid preflop with t4 off suit and he hit a st8 on the river whilst he waS fist pumping/hi5ing mate  saying that he hit his card and bet 50 quid on a 30 quid side pot.

so not many reads and very loose

this thai/korean guy (i think he is an overseas student) sits with 100 this is his first hand

2 ppl limp i complete in sb with two spades    bb checks

flop comes    

i check bb checks overseas bets 4 quid like he wants the pot  and very bluffy button folds i call
i dont think he hit that much and i think i can out play him on later streets

turn comes   
a very good card for me to bluff on as i can represent a huge range of hands
i checked he bet 20 into 12 pot
is it
fold>raise>shove>call or raise>fold>shove>call
or should i of lead out for 7-12
or fold on the flop

Just me
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 04:43:46 AM »

A lot of people will say pass pre but this is live cash and you have suited cards so making up the SB is fine.

Assume you cover the korean guy with 100?

If you really think he's bluffing then just flat, but are you sure he's betting 20 into 12 with a complete airball? Not many cards on the river that are gonna scare you now you have spades aswell and he's only calling better hands and folding his bluffs so flat if you are very sure he's at it.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
daviebhoy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 12:41:28 PM »

I started off agreeing with GreekStein but I think this really comes down to our read.

If we are sure we have him beat we should call or I don't think the min-raise is terrible but we have to be super sure we are ahead to call any potential shove. If we think he has a weak hand like 9T or K8 then we can semi-bluff the turn. If we are sure he has a big hand and isn't folding then it is probably prudent to fold although making the backdoor flush increases the chance we get paid and the isn't the best river card.

The more I think about this, the more I like the min-raise as opposed to the call. It may get better hands to fold, complete bluffs to shove and we have some equity against pretty much any hand other than JsQs - which he could have with the £20 bet.....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: