blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:31:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Fold flop second nut flush?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fold flop second nut flush?  (Read 2081 times)
vinni

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 01:58:28 PM »

what you doing playing Q 5 anyway.

i`v become cos`s bitch
Skint Eastwood

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 05:44:18 PM »

from the hands you have posted he play a bit like a few very good talent players

infact gus hasen plays thse sort of hands and he has won a little bit more than me

Does Gus Hansen check-re-raise all-in with weak top pair after three players have called a big raise? (Actually I was listening to Brian Hastings the other day, he was saying he doesn't play at nosebleed levels any more, $250-$500 for example, unless Hansen is on. Not everyone rates him as highly as you.)

Trust me, this guy hadn't got a clue. He called a 7 x PFR with crap, & got very lucky. Consistently losing on a 50 cent table doesn't make you a "very good talent player" !

But this is pretty off topic now. Forget it.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 06:53:13 AM »

This is a good question - late position or not, raising with Q5 can't be +ve can it?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
daviebhoy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 12:42:42 PM »

This is a good question - late position or not, raising with Q5 can't be +ve can it?

Depends completely on how tight the blinds are. As K8s called then probably not.
Skint Eastwood

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 03:45:36 PM »

Well its hardly the loosest play in the world, but TBH I normally don't play suited Q, because of the dangers of the higher flush. In this case I was pretty new to the table, it seemed tight, and I thought I'd test the water a little, for info as much as anything else. Obviously looking back I didn't have enough info on the guy with K8, so should have avoided such a big pot. But then I flopped 2nd nuts! And saw no danger on turn & river. What can you do?!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 04:05:09 PM »

Well its hardly the loosest play in the world, but TBH I normally don't play suited Q, because of the dangers of the higher flush. In this case I was pretty new to the table, it seemed tight, and I thought I'd test the water a little, for info as much as anything else. Obviously looking back I didn't have enough info on the guy with K8, so should have avoided such a big pot. But then I flopped 2nd nuts! And saw no danger on turn & river. What can you do?!

I'm no expert on these games but a lot of your thinking here seems pretty bad.

You say you don't play suited Q often because of the danger of the higher flush? Wtf else are you hoping for other than a flush? They're hardly the most connected cards in the world.

Why were you in such a rush to test the water? Another way to do this is to watch others raising and see how players react to their raises. You're not really testing the water yourself unless you get to see their cards which in this hand you did because he'd flopped the nuts.

Testing the water to see if people will pass is flawed imo. Say for example you test the water and everyone passes. Great you've got a tight table. So you raise again and they pass. Great it's still tight. You then raise again but everyone now knows you're at it and 3 bets you because you are an habitual raiser. Ok this time you may not be at it but because you raise to "test the water" your vpip increases so everyone widens your opening range.  Unless you have the specific intention of looking like a loose cannon to then go on and make money from your big hands you can get in a lot of trouble using this tactic.

You might not intentionally be a maniac but you can soon start to look like one if you test the water too often.

Btw. Once you've flopped 2nd nuts do not pass ever. No matter how deep.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Skint Eastwood

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 06:12:54 PM »

You say you don't play suited Q often because of the danger of the higher flush? Wtf else are you hoping for other than a flush? They're hardly the most connected cards in the world.
Like I said, I don't usually like playing that kind of hand. I put $1.50 in, so I was hardly committed.

Ok this time you may not be at it but because you raise to "test the water" your vpip increases so everyone widens your opening range.  Unless you have the specific intention of looking like a loose cannon to then go on and make money from your big hands you can get in a lot of trouble using this tactic.
Appreciate the analysis, no idea what my "vpip" is but I'm aware of how my table image can be affected. I was about 15 hands in, & saw little value in limping against what seemed like a bunch of very passive players.

Thanks!

I like it how one guy knocks me for playing Q5s, and the next one suggests calling a x7 pfr with 53s is some kind of Gus Hansen type genius! That's what forums are all about I suppose. I notice neither of them made a 2nd post though.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 06:29:51 PM »

Like I said, I don't usually like playing that kind of hand. I put $1.50 in, so I was hardly committed.

Ok this time you may not be at it but because you raise to "test the water" your vpip increases so everyone widens your opening range.  Unless you have the specific intention of looking like a loose cannon to then go on and make money from your big hands you can get in a lot of trouble using this tactic.
Appreciate the analysis, no idea what my "vpip" is but I'm aware of how my table image can be affected. I was about 15 hands in, & saw little value in limping against what seemed like a bunch of very passive players.

Thanks!

I like it how one guy knocks me for playing Q5s, and the next one suggests calling a x7 pfr with 53s is some kind of Gus Hansen type genius! That's what forums are all about I suppose. I notice neither of them made a 2nd post though.

vpip = how hard you're grinding your teeth x the pressure in lbs you're applying to the mouse = how stressed you are.

if you play a hand like this your vpip increases
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: