blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 01:25:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  what an idiot
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what an idiot  (Read 17728 times)
bolt pp

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2009, 11:23:56 AM »

fancy doing this, dickhead

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8143783.stm

I imagine it can be really stressfull being a teacher but how can it get to the point where you try and batter loads of kids to death, what a mug.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:28:54 AM »

Not looking good for the kid im afraid. Unbelievable a teacher can snap to do this.
http://www.orange.co.uk/news/topstories/1584.htm?linkfrom=hp3&link=hero_pos_1_link_subtitle&article=090710x0830x1heronewsattackedpupilinfightforlife

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 11:30:54 AM »

The local papers seem to be stating that he has been off ill lately after having a stroke....maybe this has contributed to his alleged poor state of mind.

Of course no excuse for this, but it is also claimed the kids were winding him up and he just flipped.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 11:32:41 AM »

"A leafleting campaign supporting Mr Harvey is planned outside the school.
The leafleting is expected to start at 1530 BST outside the school grounds".

this seems wrong to me, i hope the kid is alright but if he isnt i'd do my nut if i was his dad and some people were handing out leaflets supporting the guy.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 11:33:09 AM »

The local papers seem to be stating that he has been off ill lately after having a stroke....maybe this has contributed to his alleged poor state of mind.

Of course no excuse for this, but it is also claimed the kids were winding him up and he just flipped.

To be honest I'm surprised things like this don't happen more often. Some kids are right arseholes and will happily terrorise a teacher they perceive as weak safe in the knowledge that there will be no comeback for them.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 11:35:04 AM »

I imagine it can be really stressfull being a teacher but how can it get to the point where you try and batter loads of kids to death, what a mug.

I love the levels of tolerance and understanding that are shown to all in this little online community.

It's a shocking thing that has happened, but maybe we'll understand it a little better when we hear the full story....

I'm no fan of the Mail, but there seems to be more background here than in the BBC's very sanitised version
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article-1198469/Ticking-timebomb-teacher-faced-Michael-Jackson-taunts-classroom-attack-boy-14.html

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 11:36:02 AM »

Agreed, very suprised this hasn't happened before.  Would be interesting to know how many teachers are off with stress related illnesses these days.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 11:36:21 AM »

Only a matter of time before something like this happened I'm afraid. All the rules in school have gone too far in favour of the kids to the point where they can take the piss out of the teachers and wind them up knowing little or no action can be taken against them.

I thought about being a teacher at one point, the only reason I didn't is I knew it would only be a matter of time before I gave someone a slap and probably lose my job as a result.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 11:36:47 AM »

To be honest I'm surprised things like this don't happen more often. Some kids are right arseholes and will happily terrorise a teacher they perceive as weak safe in the knowledge that there will be no comeback for them.

of course kids are arseholes, theyre kids.

49 year olds are supposed to know not to be arseholes that try to batter kids to death.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 11:38:37 AM by bolt pp » Logged
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 11:39:19 AM »

I love the levels of tolerance and understanding that are shown to all in this little online community.

It's a shocking thing that has happened, but maybe we'll understand it a little better when we hear the full story....

I'm no fan of the Mail, but there seems to be more background here than in the BBC's very sanitised version
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article-1198469/Ticking-timebomb-teacher-faced-Michael-Jackson-taunts-classroom-attack-boy-14.html
The guys an obv nut job and should never have been allowed back to work after his stroke.

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 11:45:10 AM »

I can see people being understanding if he lost his rag and slapped the kid round the head in a temper or something like that, but to purposfully drag the kid(and he is just a child) to the back room whilst fighting off others then hitting him round the head with a metal weight trying to kill him makes him a complete prick in my book.

i'd be at those school gates where they were handing out the leaflets supporting the teacher and stuffing them down peoples throats if that was my boy lying in hospital fighting for his life.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 11:52:15 AM »

I can see people being understanding if he lost his rag and slapped the kid round the head in a temper or something like that, but to purposfully drag the kid(and he is just a child) to the back room whilst fighting off others then hitting him round the head with a metal weight trying to kill him makes him a complete prick in my book.

i'd be at those school gates where they were handing out the leaflets supporting the teacher and stuffing them down peoples throats if that was my boy lying in hospital fighting for his life.

If may have been the kid and his mates that caused the stress and stoke causing him to go off sick in the first place?
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 11:54:39 AM »

If may have been the kid and his mates that caused the stress and stoke causing him to go off sick in the first place?

aaaaahhhhh, o.k, did'nt think of that, probably o.k for a 49 year old man to try and kill and 14 year old school boy by battering him to death then.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 11:55:20 AM »

he wont do it again will he? i mean the kid taking the piss out of the sick teacher.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 12:00:28 PM »

he wont do it again will he? i mean the kid taking the piss out of the sick teacher.
Not if he dies no.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: