blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:25:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Dusk til Dawn £100k Gtd FINAL DAY
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dusk til Dawn £100k Gtd FINAL DAY  (Read 99891 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 06, 2009, 09:15:33 AM »

I've said it before on one of these threads that publicly criticising someone's play serves only one purpose imho.

Self-aggrandizement.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 06, 2009, 09:35:26 AM »

Congrats to Frankie Knight for making the final, guy is a true legend, at 72 he still plays every night and some afternoons too.
I doubt anyone in the uk has played more live tournys than Frankie who is known to play upto 3 a day whilst in vegas lol
Living Legend

He's shit though
Dont be disrespectful

Ok I'll rephrase.

Frankie is a lovely old fellow, with a remarkable ability to put in such a huge live volume. One must thoroughly commend his ability to donate his hard earned in 3 tournaments a day.

Unfortunately however, his play is tez.

If you end up with half the respect Frankie has u'll be allright.

I won't be alright if I play that bad though.

I was sat on his table twice and once next to him. Not saying he's not a gent, just saying he plays horrible.

Is it really necessary to slag off a 72 year old without provocation, whom you believe to be a nice guy, following a post where someone is commending his zest for life?

Did you go into the Bobby Robson thread and pipe in with 'yeah but I bet he was wank at break dancing'?

Rubbish analogy. It was his zest for poker that was being applauded anyway.

My language was certainly not appropriate as I was reading following a horrible beat but if Bobby Robson was a bad manager I would have said 'I didn't rate the guy at all but RIP'.

FML, I just wrote out a really long, intelligent, tank-esque reply and somehow managed to lose the lot, so here is the short version:

Bollocks, Im right, leave the poor bloke alone etc

If I could retract the way I went about saying it, I would have as I was in a foul mood at the time. For that I apologise.

However, this is a thread about the £300 tournament of which I was on Frankie's table for quite a while. Calling raises 20bbs deep with J7 off is not my idea of good play and whilst he's a gentleman, he's a bad player. I'm perfectly entitled to say that.

Sigh.... Just sigh.
+1
Frankie = top bloke imo
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 06, 2009, 09:39:28 AM »

fk sake why do people keep going on?

I didn't say anything about him not being a nice guy.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 06, 2009, 09:57:33 AM »

I've always though Frankie was a nice fella. Don't know why anyone would think he wasn't.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 06, 2009, 10:00:24 AM »

I've always though Frankie was a nice fella. Don't know why anyone would think he wasn't.

Actually your post has taken me a little off tilt Mantis. Normally you write three hundred thousand words when five will do but the above post sufficed.

@GreekStein on twitter.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 06, 2009, 10:04:45 AM »

Actually your post has taken me a little off tilt Mantis. Normally you write three hundred thousand words when five will do but the above post sufficed.

Your post about Frankie not being a nice fella sufficed to tilt me into posting a short one

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 06, 2009, 10:06:24 AM »

Your post about Frankie not being a nice fella sufficed to tilt me into posting a short one

lmao - class!

@GreekStein on twitter.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: August 06, 2009, 10:11:14 AM »

I think it's wrong to publicly state that someone is "Shit" (whether they are or not is beside the point)

Frankie is an old guy who won't be on here to defend himself. (What ever happened to respect?)

Saying "I was in a bad mood" or "I had a bad beat" is no excuse, and just makes it worse imho.

I don't want an argument Cos, I like you and I think you are a decent bloke. I just think you were out of order.

The older I get, the better I was.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 06, 2009, 10:18:46 AM »

I think it's wrong to publicly state that someone is "Shit" (whether they are or not is beside the point)

Frankie is an old guy who won't be on here to defend himself. (What ever happened to respect?)

Saying "I was in a bad mood" or "I had a bad beat" is no excuse, and just makes it worse imho.

I don't want an argument Cos, I like you and I think you are a decent bloke. I just think you were out of order.

Fair enough Tom. I did agree and apologise for what I said before. Just irritating that people keep chiming in when it should have just been left alone now.

@GreekStein on twitter.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 06, 2009, 10:29:32 AM »

What about people who publicly state that someone's posts are too long? That's well out of order as well.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 06, 2009, 10:39:17 AM »

What about people who publicly state that someone's posts are too long? That's well out of order as well.

And to think I never even apologised for that!

@GreekStein on twitter.

littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 06, 2009, 10:41:37 AM »

THIS

Fair enough Tom. I did agree and apologise for what I said before. Just irritating that people keep chiming in when it should have just been left alone now.
lol
ive just read this thats why i put what i did
and why should it be left alone? you said your opinion whats wrong with other people putting across theirs?

i agree with Toms last post 100%

i like you too Cos as you well know  Grin
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 06, 2009, 04:52:34 PM »

THIS

lol
ive just read this thats why i put what i did
and why should it be left alone? you said your opinion whats wrong with other people putting across theirs?

i agree with Toms last post 100%

i like you too Cos as you well know  Grin

oi oi. Whats going on here then??

I don't like you btw Cos

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 06, 2009, 04:58:04 PM »

Cos isn't the first person to say someone is shit at poker on Blonde, and won't be the last.

Unfair how he has been singled out here imo.

Like wild lions chasing the poor little deer... Not very nice to see.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 06, 2009, 05:00:30 PM »

Cos isn't the first person to say someone is shit at poker on Blonde, and won't be the last.

Unfair how he has been singled out here imo.

Like wild lions chasing the poor little deer... Not very nice to see.

I've changed my opinion now though. Everyone is awesome at poker. The older they get the better they are in my opinion too.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: