blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:19:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Dusk til Dawn £100k Gtd FINAL DAY
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dusk til Dawn £100k Gtd FINAL DAY  (Read 99378 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 04, 2009, 05:17:04 PM »

generally good updates kev. well done. however, Lewis was the one who doubled up fraser cos he got over committed not me!

and 2ndly, i did not reship with air and rich horton made a hero call with king high, this is how it went down.

i had made the ft with him 2 months ago, i had played with him for about half the day on the sunday before reaching the final table. so i knew how he played. i had noticed that when he showed down big hands, he had always raised around 3-3.5x because he was scared of having his good hands busted, and when he had shit, he had raised smaller so he didnt loose too many chips when he got reraised or someone called and played him off the hand.
so he opens to 70k at 15k/30k with a 2.5k ante, off his stack of around 900k. he has opened small and from late possition, so im around 90% sure that he has a bad hand. i look down at queen jack, not a premium hand no, but good enough for a raise to take the pot down here and now. the only raise i can do here is go all in because of my stack size so i do so. SURE that he has no hand to call and even if i am wrong i have blockers to decent hands with my queen and jack.
i ship it in.

he tanks.. and tanks.. and then calls off almost half his stack with king 8. his logic is ridiculous here because although i was sure he was weak, im not going all in with less than 2 pictures, any pair, or any decent ace here in case im wrong. how he can possibly think king 8 is good here is beyond anyone with any poker knowhow. his equity against my range here is around 35%, he is soo lucky to be up against one hand that he is actually ahead of and then to hold with king high. ridiculous play by him, i wouldnt blame him for taking a slight ev edge against me in a spot like that because i had been giving him trouble all day and the previous time we had met on the road to the final table. but king 8 offsuit is not a hand. he raised without a plan, and then tilted by me from previous encounters he decided to take a ridiculously bad gamble.

i wish him every success in the future, but he needs to realise he made a mistake and got very lucky to find himself ahead and to hold, and if anyone doesnt understand this and comes back with, "but he was ahead when he put his money in and he won so it cant be bad play" does not understand poker.

i refused to deal at the final table this time because i was confident i had an edge against many of the players there. sigh at the luck factor of poker kicking me in the teeth at the crucial time.

Updates aren;t always accurate- sometimes Kev joins the action mid hand.

And awesome call with K8- owned

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 04, 2009, 06:12:21 PM »

Amatay was that you with the mad dimez in seat 5 in the £50?

Cos that was my friend Helen that came 3rd!

I think i was in seat 2 and busted your mate with 1010 when she open shoved :-)

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Standardcall Mason

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 04, 2009, 09:31:03 PM »

generally good updates kev. well done. however, Lewis was the one who doubled up fraser cos he got over committed not me!

and 2ndly, i did not reship with air and rich horton made a hero call with king high, this is how it went down.

i had made the ft with him 2 months ago, i had played with him for about half the day on the sunday before reaching the final table. so i knew how he played. i had noticed that when he showed down big hands, he had always raised around 3-3.5x because he was scared of having his good hands busted, and when he had shit, he had raised smaller so he didnt loose too many chips when he got reraised or someone called and played him off the hand.
so he opens to 70k at 15k/30k with a 2.5k ante, off his stack of around 900k. he has opened small and from late possition, so im around 90% sure that he has a bad hand. i look down at queen jack, not a premium hand no, but good enough for a raise to take the pot down here and now. the only raise i can do here is go all in because of my stack size so i do so. SURE that he has no hand to call and even if i am wrong i have blockers to decent hands with my queen and jack.
i ship it in.

he tanks.. and tanks.. and then calls off almost half his stack with king 8. his logic is ridiculous here because although i was sure he was weak, im not going all in with less than 2 pictures, any pair, or any decent ace here in case im wrong. how he can possibly think king 8 is good here is beyond anyone with any poker knowhow. his equity against my range here is around 35%, he is soo lucky to be up against one hand that he is actually ahead of and then to hold with king high. ridiculous play by him, i wouldnt blame him for taking a slight ev edge against me in a spot like that because i had been giving him trouble all day and the previous time we had met on the road to the final table. but king 8 offsuit is not a hand. he raised without a plan, and then tilted by me from previous encounters he decided to take a ridiculously bad gamble.

i wish him every success in the future, but he needs to realise he made a mistake and got very lucky to find himself ahead and to hold, and if anyone doesnt understand this and comes back with, "but he was ahead when he put his money in and he won so it cant be bad play" does not understand poker.

i refused to deal at the final table this time because i was confident i had an edge against many of the players there. sigh at the luck factor of poker kicking me in the teeth at the crucial time.

i hope that ur just tryin to tilt me with that rub down. if not i hope ur on my table in the future.
watch this space, check hendon mob 6 months from now and see which is the winning play
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 05, 2009, 05:22:10 AM »

i ship it in.

i hope that ur just tryin to tilt me with that rub down. if not i hope ur on my table in the future.
watch this space, check hendon mob 6 months from now and see which is the winning play

just a rubdown bud- and sure do care how your HM DB looks

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
salfi

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 05, 2009, 05:30:30 AM »

but he red your soul and saw qj wht wudnt he call?
Standardcall Mason

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 05, 2009, 10:37:03 AM »

lol sorry, ur right i think he saw in my eyes that i had a queen and a jack. so he had to call with his king and his eight. i got owned, cant wait till im good enough to own someones soul with k8 on a ft.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 05, 2009, 10:50:41 AM »

lol sorry, ur right i think he saw in my eyes that i had a queen and a jack. so he had to call with his king and his eight. i got owned, cant wait till im good enough to own someones soul with k8 on a ft.

ignore it ash.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 05, 2009, 04:14:27 PM »

im not going all in with less than 2 pictures, any pair, or any decent ace here

mbn to get dealt pictures.

Standardcall Mason

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 05, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »

ignore it ash.

its fine i dont mind rub downs, just hard to get sarcasm online
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: August 05, 2009, 06:02:36 PM »

ignore it ash.

its fine i dont mind rub downs, just hard to get sarcasm online

It sure is.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 05, 2009, 06:21:19 PM »

lol i love the comedy of this thread.

"I know he is light so i am going to resteal, however i will only do it if i believe i have the best hand"

Pure com, you sir are destined to be a true great.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: August 05, 2009, 06:24:50 PM »

Congrats to Frankie Knight for making the final, guy is a true legend, at 72 he still plays every night and some afternoons too.
I doubt anyone in the uk has played more live tournys than Frankie who is known to play upto 3 a day whilst in vegas lol
Living Legend

He's shit though
Dont be disrespectful

Ok I'll rephrase.

Frankie is a lovely old fellow, with a remarkable ability to put in such a huge live volume. One must thoroughly commend his ability to donate his hard earned in 3 tournaments a day.

Unfortunately however, his play is tez.

If you end up with half the respect Frankie has u'll be allright.

I won't be alright if I play that bad though.

I was sat on his table twice and once next to him. Not saying he's not a gent, just saying he plays horrible.

Is it really necessary to slag off a 72 year old without provocation, whom you believe to be a nice guy, following a post where someone is commending his zest for life?

Did you go into the Bobby Robson thread and pipe in with 'yeah but I bet he was wank at break dancing'?

Rubbish analogy. It was his zest for poker that was being applauded anyway.

My language was certainly not appropriate as I was reading following a horrible beat but if Bobby Robson was a bad manager I would have said 'I didn't rate the guy at all but RIP'.

FML, I just wrote out a really long, intelligent, tank-esque reply and somehow managed to lose the lot, so here is the short version:

Bollocks, Im right, leave the poor bloke alone etc

If I could retract the way I went about saying it, I would have as I was in a foul mood at the time. For that I apologise.

However, this is a thread about the £300 tournament of which I was on Frankie's table for quite a while. Calling raises 20bbs deep with J7 off is not my idea of good play and whilst he's a gentleman, he's a bad player. I'm perfectly entitled to say that.

Sigh.... Just sigh.

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 05, 2009, 07:27:53 PM »

If you are sure someone can't call with a hand like K high and they do call with K high who has actually made the mistake here?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Standardcall Mason

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 05, 2009, 11:30:52 PM »

i did think he was light, ie some random raggy ace, weak king or random picture combination. by light i mean a hand he would open but not call a raise with, however, in case i am wrong in those spots i like to have some sort of hand to stick my chips in with. he made a mistake by calling with k8, and sure, i agree, if he calls with k8, i made a mistake shoving light and should hav waited to shove a hand ahead of his calling range.

also @ royal flush, what am i meant to do if i think qj is ahead there? take a flop and play oop vs the cl? i didnt say i ll only reship with the best hand, i said i ll only reship with some sort of hand, so im not dead if im wrong.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 06, 2009, 01:55:06 AM »

i did think he was light, ie some random raggy ace, weak king or random picture combination. by light i mean a hand he would open but not call a raise with, however, in case i am wrong in those spots i like to have some sort of hand to stick my chips in with. he made a mistake by calling with k8, and sure, i agree, if he calls with k8, i made a mistake shoving light and should hav waited to shove a hand ahead of his calling range.

also @ royal flush, what am i meant to do if i think qj is ahead there? take a flop and play oop vs the cl? i didnt say i ll only reship with the best hand, i said i ll only reship with some sort of hand, so im not dead if im wrong.

You said QJ is worst hand you reship, that is terrible if you so sure he is light, you should be shipping hella wide.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: