blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:39:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Unreal - Playing footy in street now illegal
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unreal - Playing footy in street now illegal  (Read 3849 times)
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2009, 09:20:36 AM »

My wife takes care of her garden

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
G1BTW

Yes that really is me

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 09:32:07 AM »

Reading this thread is winding me up a bit.

There are several kids who play football right in front of our house (and several others) cos we're in a cul de sac.  My wife takes care of her garden and these little feckers occasionally miskick the ball busting a flower here and there, to the point where my wife was in tears saying "no one gives a shit or has any respect for other peoples stuff".  Obviously directed at the parents.

For me, I never played football in the street, always 50yds away on some grass bit away from cars etc

The problem for me in our street is that we're surrounded by people/families who rent, and I just feel that this lot just aren't bothered about looking after their own stuff, so why would they give a shit if they're bothering the neighbours and trampling a few plants here and there.

I'm only in my 30's but I was brought up to respect other peoples stuff and if my dad saw me "accidentally" kick a ball against a car, I'd be in, with a thick ear!

For the record, I've got kids but when they're old enough to be in the street, there will be no football, end of! (and I love the game)

I work hard, and I like a quiet life, and the noise of screaming kids and the sight of a football going through my flowers just breaks me to the point of wanting to commit murder!

Rant over!

Again your missing the point, i outlined that no damage was done, the ball once trickled into her garden and she rung police. Yours is a totally different situation so obv. you would feel differently.  The kids do care and show respect but all they wanna do is play near their house so mum and dad's can make sure they safe.

Living in a shitty rented area where no one gives a fuk is a whole new ball game.
Is there no traffic on this road?
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 09:46:11 AM »

Only residents and they all know the kids by name, very quiet street. 1-2 cars an hour going through at 5-10mph.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 10:30:37 AM »

lol
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2009, 01:56:05 PM »

nh, gg, wp

that is world class edited quoting

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far