blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:09:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  What in your opinion is the correct strategy in this hand....... POLL
Poll
Question: What in your opinion is the correct strategy in this hand....... POLL  (Voting closed: December 11, 2005, 01:19:06 PM)
Fold - 1 (1.7%)
Make a standard raise with the intention of passing to a re-raise - 11 (18.3%)
Make a standard raise with the intention of calling a reraise - 21 (35%)
Move All-In - 26 (43.3%)
Phone a friend / Other (please state) - 1 (1.7%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What in your opinion is the correct strategy in this hand....... POLL  (Read 11558 times)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 02:05:48 PM »

Only 4 players yet to act.

18-1 ish that one of them will have QQ,KK,AA. This is an acceptable risk in my opinion.
If you raise, you make AK,AQ have a very easy desicion, if you go all-in, it's tougher for them.

interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- obviously i will reveal what happened for those that care
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 02:10:42 PM »

would re-raise with muck.

so you go all in or you make a standard raise for him to move over the top then you go all in and be ahead when the cards get turned over

I still like the standard raise!

the problem is the blinds are such that it is likely to be an al-in reraise not a reraise that i cold then go over the top of once more and get my oppo to fold.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 02:13:27 PM »

I had a go at a much longer response, but in writing it I realised that the decision is hugely player dependent.  If you know a lot about the players still to act a standard raise is best as your knowledge will allow you to make good decisions for the rest of the hand.  If you have little info all-in is the best play, as this will stop you folding the best hand.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 02:17:20 PM by doubleup » Logged
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 02:13:36 PM »

push, push,push,push,push,push,push

I know, weak easy poker move, but I like it!!!!!

Good luck Junior, cant wait for the grand prix to be on TV Cool

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 02:20:02 PM »

so you go all in or you make a standard raise for him to move over the top then you go all in and be ahead when the cards get turned over

the problem is the blinds are such that it is likely to be an al-in reraise not a reraise that i cold then go over the top of once more and get my oppo to fold.

that's my point...you make a standard raise, Mr re-raise with muck thinks "great, I'll go all in, hell fold"...you call, chances are you are ahead

it's a form of double bluff

you go all in straight away, he's folding, you can't say you are any nearer making the top 2

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 02:29:06 PM »

that's my point...you make a standard raise, Mr re-raise with muck thinks "great, I'll go all in, hell fold"...you call, chances are you are ahead

you go all in straight away, he's folding, you can't say you are any nearer making the top 2

The problem with a standard raise is not so much what to do when reraised but what you do if called and an overcard hits the flop, which it will do about half the time.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

but then you've still got c10x bb if you have to fold post flop...why panic?

and I haven't the energy to do the maths but the likelihood of someone behind you calling, or calling with a better hand than JJ?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005, 02:39:01 PM »

I'm sure that I would move allin here, but I think there's a case for a minimum raise too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2005, 02:40:46 PM »

I'm sure that I would move allin here, but I think there's a case for a minimum raise too.

depends on how many redbulls I have had Cool

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2005, 02:40:52 PM »

but then you've still got c10x bb if you have to fold post flop...why panic?

and I haven't the energy to do the maths but the likelihood of someone behind you calling, or calling with a better hand than JJ?

Lets say the BB is "Mr I will never fold an Ace in the BB".  If you have that info, it is easy to check/fold if an Ace hits the flop.  Lets say the BB is the Camel - easy call of a reraise.  I just think that you need this kind of info to standard raise or your increasing your chances of a big mistake.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005, 02:56:18 PM »

I'm all in.

I always play this all in at a final table from any position if the pot is un raised (if i am average or low stack). At two final tables yesterday i didn't and got pushed off the pot when overcards came on the flop and was shown bluffs after. I would rather take the blinds than play a flop, 3 hands beating you and thats just unlucky if someone has it. Otherwise your a small or decent favourite in a race or dominating an overpair.

Deep breath and shove em in.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2005, 03:00:36 PM »

The players to your left will recognise that you're raising with a hand as the big blind is going to be all-in. Therefore, I suggest a below standard raise.

If you get reraised, then you can make a decision. I think pushing all-in preflop is slightly unnecessary, especially when the blinds are still at 1200/2400.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2005, 03:04:48 PM »

The problem with a standard raise is not so much what to do when reraised but what you do if called and an overcard hits the flop, which it will do about half the time.

good point - best way to play JJ is scared.  _ I did push all- in by the way (and still think its the right move as i would have called a re-raise) - and why giv mr. mover the chance to hit his muck because you had to call all in - may as well just push the lot IMO
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2005, 03:17:07 PM »

I have posted similar problems before and stated that i was happy to go all in - Ironside rightly pointed out that if you were happy to push them all in make sure they know that by... pushing them all in.
ukpokerinfo

ukpokerinfo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2005, 04:24:04 PM »

who are you? and how dare cast aspersions on my character?! - i fold 10-8 everytime  Cheesy

p.s. i really don't know what your talking about - enlighten me.

it was early on in the 300 comp at the walsall masters.  i think you hit a straight playing 810os.  The guy had 2pair A and 9 i think.  I wasnt criticising, you played it well - no one on the table put you on it :-)

The guy to the right of you had busted out with KK twice in 3 hands at the time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: