blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:23:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  321 Hand Early ish On
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 321 Hand Early ish On  (Read 3650 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 02:44:40 PM »

To be honest mate I can't find a pass here.

Too many players in this comp will get it in here with an over pair.

When I say over pair I mean to the flop. Nobody's going to be scared of the Q so 88 through to JJ can be included in his range.

If you lose it's just cold. Go to the cash tables an win mad onez there instead.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 02:49:24 PM »

Do we agree his range has to be: -

55, 66, 56, 34

Therefore im beating 3 and losing to 4?

I suppose he may be in there with a few over pairs but I doubt he would be.

Are 34 and 56 really in his range?

Does he flat on the button for 550 with either of these hands?

If he does then just pass and take his chips later because he's a muppet.
I dont know stacks but calling with these hands on the button is fine. imo

Approx 10k stacks and you like a 550 call with 34 or 56 at the 75/150 level?

Nice.

Up it to 20k or so and blinds at 100/200 + 25 and it's not too bad but here it would be really bad.

Evil - you must have played these? People call with that kind of garbage every hand. The last one of the 300's I played it was 3 & 4 players to every flop up to 100/200. Those cards are 100% part of villains holdings along with 88-JJ AQ KQs 47 76

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »

55, 66, 56, 34

We simply don't know enough about villian to ever narrow his range to these hands. Yeah his line is strong, but people play bad and overplay hands they shouldn't, we has a set I am not folding ever this deep.

In fact if you don't think you are going to get action unless you are beat in these spots, should we be calling pre?
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 02:51:21 PM »

To be honest mate I can't find a pass here.

Too many players in this comp will get it in here with an over pair.

When I say over pair I mean to the flop. Nobody's going to be scared of the Q so 88 through to JJ can be included in his range.

If you lose it's just cold. Go to the cash tables an win mad onez there instead.

If only
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 02:53:01 PM »

55, 66, 56, 34

We simply don't know enough about villian to ever narrow his range to these hands. Yeah his line is strong, but people play bad and overplay hands they shouldn't, we has a set I am not folding ever this deep.

In fact if you don't think you are going to get action unless you are beat in these spots, should we be calling pre?

Spot on.

HI HELEN!
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 03:16:36 PM »

55, 66, 56, 34

Of course!!

Obviously ive called to go set mining on the old boy knowing he probably wont fold.

Whats this guy flatting with on the flop knowing that I know the old boy has an overpair?
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 03:22:31 PM »

55, 66, 56, 34

Of course!!

Obviously ive called to go set mining on the old boy knowing he probably wont fold.

Whats this guy flatting with on the flop knowing that I know the old boy has an overpair?

I refer you to my previous post, that people play bad and you don't enough about the button to put him on a range that has us crushed.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 05:10:24 PM »

55, 66, 56, 34

Are 34 and 56 really in his range?

Does he flat on the button for 550 with either of these hands?

If he does then just pass and take his chips later because he's a muppet.
I dont know stacks but calling with these hands on the button is fine. imo

Approx 10k stacks and you like a 550 call with 34 or 56 at the 75/150 level?

Nice.

Up it to 20k or so and blinds at 100/200 + 25 and it's not too bad but here it would be really bad.

Evil - you must have played these? People call with that kind of garbage every hand. The last one of the 300's I played it was 3 & 4 players to every flop up to 100/200. Those cards are 100% part of villains holdings along with 88-JJ AQ KQs 47 76

So his range is effectively atc?

That means that whenever he makes a strong play we automatically make the stone cold nuts part of his range?

That's going to make the game very difficult.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 07:56:07 PM »

If there is a talking point in this hand it's hero's turn bet. Why did you bet the turn Blatch? I mean it's very unlikely the result of this hand is going to change from turn to river. So is the bet to scare away 7-8, or is the bet for info to find out where you stand? Both would be bollox reasons to bet imo. And you're not betting to bluff. The information about button going to raise and then flatting is already banked so even thou you know he's strong enough you still bet. So why did you bet? The only reason you bet was to get chips into the pot. So having successfully got your wish there is abs no decision to be made here imo. The reason you flat the flop is to disguise your hand and prompt a spaz from someone. Hey presto. On this dry board you can possibly check the turn if you fear button but once you decide to bet you commit imo and all this talk about you can now fold because he knows you know something etc is stoopid.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 03:22:34 PM »

If there is a talking point in this hand it's hero's turn bet. Why did you bet the turn Blatch? I mean it's very unlikely the result of this hand is going to change from turn to river. So is the bet to scare away 7-8, or is the bet for info to find out where you stand? Both would be bollox reasons to bet imo. And you're not betting to bluff. The information about button going to raise and then flatting is already banked so even thou you know he's strong enough you still bet. So why did you bet? The only reason you bet was to get chips into the pot. So having successfully got your wish there is abs no decision to be made here imo. The reason you flat the flop is to disguise your hand and prompt a spaz from someone. Hey presto. On this dry board you can possibly check the turn if you fear button but once you decide to bet you commit imo and all this talk about you can now fold because he knows you know something etc is stoopid.

what a great post. clear and logical.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »

i cant even think about folding in this spot
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 03:36:52 PM »

Erm what are stack sizes? I'd muckducks pre tbh.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 03:54:49 PM »

55, 66, 56, 34

Of course!!

Why do we know the old guy has an overpair? Could also have high cards that have missed but he's cbetting the flop?

Old guy bet the flop, but then checked the turn. If he had the overpair he'd probably fire again seeing how he has 2 interested parties and a nice sized pot, I doubt he'd be checking it.

So his check leads us to believe he's probably not too interested in this pot anymore. The button sees this and then sees you fire a bet out. Well, you've just seen what he's seen, you might just be taking a stab yourself at this point. If he has an overpair himself he probably thinks it's good at this point. He could even be semi-bluffing with a straight draw, or have caught that Q.

I don't think his range is ever narrow enough here for us to be passing. I'd need to be playing against Anthony Kendell to even think about it.

Blue text
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 08:16:51 PM »

what a great post. clear and logical.

Agree with this post. You're never betting to bluff here, but once you have and villain has spazzed, call and say unlucky to your opponent.
poonjoe

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 01:00:10 AM »

Makes sense

"Every time the action is on you, its your opportunity to make the perfect play"- Phil Galfond
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: