blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 04:36:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272938 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Setting up a river bluff? Or just spewy?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setting up a river bluff? Or just spewy?  (Read 2149 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 03:43:54 PM »

So much dead money this early in a comp that you never need to make these moves.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 05:02:35 PM »

and, by the same reasoning, he should never be bluffing...

Fair enough if you're playing the hand in a vacuum. This is early in a big MTT so donks and dead wood not yet filtered out and you have no info on villain so the move remains reckless and inappropriate.

We do have info on the villain he has raised alot and has cbet 100% of the time, we have a tight image here too.

You have info villain is aggressive but you don't have info about how he responds to aggression. Does he read the game well? Can he make lay downs? What's the chances he'll believe you? The info you have that he raises a lot and c-bets 100% means you can wait for a hand and allow him to come after you. The info doesn't tell you he will believe funky stories.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 05:05:39 PM »

was this a pre-meditated course of action given you started by flatting a raise with  three diamonds Two Diamonds - just interested to know why you chose this spot to run this play right from the beginning.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 08:59:43 PM »

was this a pre-meditated course of action given you started by flatting a raise with  three diamonds Two Diamonds - just interested to know why you chose this spot to run this play right from the beginning.

Thought processes..

Flat pre on btn as we were deep and wanted to stack aggresive guy.

Flop: He had cbet 100% of hands, so wanted to make a small raise so that 1) i can take down the pot. 2) he will be wary about cbetting into me when i flat in position

Turn: When he checks to me I thought I could take it down there as rasie/call/check is pretty weak, he took ages to call on the turn so I was shoving almost any river as he still had a stack and it was still a substantial bet on river.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: