blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:32:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £300 Deepstack DECEMBER
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 Deepstack DECEMBER  (Read 140222 times)
Sonor99
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: December 08, 2009, 05:39:15 PM »

Table bangers are many people's pet hate.
Just cos someone else does it doesn't mean you gotta lower your standards to their level.

Saw a guy bink quads on the river to outdraw a set (same tourney) and he was straight round the table to shake the other guy's hands - no drama, just felt for the player and how sick he must feel.
Very classy guy IMO.

Norrrrrrrrr - this tilts me way more than table bangers. It's the ultimate rubdown - 'not only did I suck out on you but I am now going to patronise you by pretending to empathise whilst I internally fistpump'

Just scoop up the chips as if it was a hand where you just picked up the blinds and get on with the game.

this was simon deadman. he was not being patronising, it was clear from his face (and from his personality to those who know him) that he clearly felt awful for the other guy. simon is a classy player and a top guy, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous

I was the one on the wrong end of that beat...!  I agree, under the circumstances it was a reasonable thing to do and despite being a little shell shocked when i departed the table with a bemused look, i was grateful that Simons response was to ackowledge his good luck with some obvious empathy.  I would have preferred for him to go on and win then send me a massive cheque but that didnt happen....
Sonor99
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 08, 2009, 05:40:17 PM »

does any one know if there was a deal done in the 150£

Fairly sure of a 3 way chop
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #677 on: December 08, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »

Table bangers are many people's pet hate.
Just cos someone else does it doesn't mean you gotta lower your standards to their level.

Saw a guy bink quads on the river to outdraw a set (same tourney) and he was straight round the table to shake the other guy's hands - no drama, just felt for the player and how sick he must feel.
Very classy guy IMO.

Norrrrrrrrr - this tilts me way more than table bangers. It's the ultimate rubdown - 'not only did I suck out on you but I am now going to patronise you by pretending to empathise whilst I internally fistpump'

Just scoop up the chips as if it was a hand where you just picked up the blinds and get on with the game.

this was simon deadman. he was not being patronising, it was clear from his face (and from his personality to those who know him) that he clearly felt awful for the other guy. simon is a classy player and a top guy, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous

I was the one on the wrong end of that beat...!  I agree, under the circumstances it was a reasonable thing to do and despite being a little shell shocked when i departed the table with a bemused look, i was grateful that Simons response was to ackowledge his good luck with some obvious empathy.  I would have preferred for him to go on and win then send me a massive cheque but that didnt happen....

Just to be clear, I wasn't explicitly referring to the hand from the weekend (as I wasn't there) but talking about my general experience of the hand-shakers.

All luck in poker, whether good or bad, should be treated with indifference.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #678 on: December 08, 2009, 06:03:50 PM »

does any one else  care if there was a deal done in the 150£

fyp
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 08, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »

Paul, a deal was done 4 handed. 5k, 5k, 5k and 4k... your exit was rather sicky and i'm sure you would have fancied your chances if the kings would have held. gl in the monte carlo if you play it!

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 08, 2009, 10:15:30 PM »

Sure is anyone in the world who's had as much fun playing poker for the small stakes we did playing £2 showdown.Tikay just jealous coz we didn't let him play  Wink

tikay wont play £2 showdown as he cant fold to the money

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 08, 2009, 11:43:23 PM »

He's OK, but it's non-cool for youngsters to smile much these days. And you need to be extremely old to understand why. I qualify.

You never played teh pokers with teh shrewdies?

Yes - but I said "youngsters". The shrewdies are all middle-aged now. Except the plump one.

trigg? jones? middy? chiprich? bh? dempsey?

FYP

wiiiiii i am a shrewdie

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: