blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:22:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £300 deepstack NOVEMBER
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 deepstack NOVEMBER  (Read 108817 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: November 09, 2009, 04:13:02 PM »

Sigh, got back to Hopkins a while ago having reinvested my winnings into the larry the lobster and despite being an old friend Larry didn't help.

Played really well today and things didn't go my way, starting to get disillusioned with the bs.

Stayed patient the whole time as my biggest downfall can be losing my patience and blowing up but when Kev came over and said the boys on blonde are wishing you luck it just made me keep playing my game.

Despite there being 2million chips in play I still managed to lose two 300k flips before the final and got there pretty short with 135k. Blinds 6000/12000, 2k ante.

First hand is folded to me and I ship with A10 and get a caller in 9's and hit. Wow I won a flip today.

I folded jacks when I opened to 47k at 10k/20k and got raised to 90k by a nit, who I'm pretty sure had aces.

Then not long later I reraised all in for 250kish at 12k/24k when UTG raised to 135k  and lost the race vs AK.

Anyway thanks for the gl's.

Enjoyed the weekend overall and if one good thing came of it it's that my hands smell lovely from the dtd soap.

Please tell me you did the lot in Larry.

Dont leave a mess this morning.

P.s. I left a half eaten kebab in the kitchen for you to have for breakfast. Its pretty nice.

Oh dear

Cos says: sure not munching that kebab

Was pretty heaven mate

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 09, 2009, 04:30:14 PM »

Sigh, got back to Hopkins a while ago having reinvested my winnings into the larry the lobster and despite being an old friend Larry didn't help.

Played really well today and things didn't go my way, starting to get disillusioned with the bs.

Stayed patient the whole time as my biggest downfall can be losing my patience and blowing up but when Kev came over and said the boys on blonde are wishing you luck it just made me keep playing my game.

Despite there being 2million chips in play I still managed to lose two 300k flips before the final and got there pretty short with 135k. Blinds 6000/12000, 2k ante.

First hand is folded to me and I ship with A10 and get a caller in 9's and hit. Wow I won a flip today.

I folded jacks when I opened to 47k at 10k/20k and got raised to 90k by a nit, who I'm pretty sure had aces.

Then not long later I reraised all in for 250kish at 12k/24k when UTG raised to 135k  and lost the race vs AK.

Enjoyed the weekend overall and if one good thing came of it it's that my hands smell lovely from the dtd soap.

P.s. I left a half eaten kebab in the kitchen for you to have for breakfast. Its pretty nice.

Oh dear

Was pretty heaven mate

It was heaven last night from what I remember of it.

Can you put the washing up in the dishwasher and throw the rubbish in the bin including the empty cans on the side.

Kthxbye

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 09, 2009, 05:05:44 PM »

Oh dear

Was pretty heaven mate

It was heaven last night from what I remember of it.

Can you put the washing up in the dishwasher and throw the rubbish in the bin including the empty cans on the side.

Kthxbye

Consider it done honey bun

@GreekStein on twitter.

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 09, 2009, 06:08:59 PM »

Still at Stu's place?

Playing the £30 rebuy tomo night?
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 09, 2009, 06:12:09 PM »

Still at Stu's place?

He aint staying that long, hasnt even done the frickin dishes.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 09, 2009, 06:35:06 PM »

Still at Stu's place?

wasnt gonna play tonight but my mate is comin up from london to check dtd out so will prob play.

U coming fishcake?

@GreekStein on twitter.

MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 09, 2009, 06:50:11 PM »

GG kev,

wp alex  thumbs up

has a women ever won this?

nice re investment into DTD cos  thumbs up

Yes, Lucy Rokach won it back in May.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 06:56:15 PM by MLHMLH » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 09, 2009, 09:54:09 PM »

Wow sick week for Alex, he won the Ladbrokes 100k last sunday night for 28k euro.

Rounds it off nicely to 50 with another 22500 there. Obv running hot but he's a good cash player at midstakes so obv knows what he's doing

Gr8 updates Kev, top man!

GL Greek TID chief.

alexb, legendary hendon mob poster right?

Not sure Julian tbh, he plays on Ladbrokes as Alexdb and he blogs on www.alexbowler.com

Alexdb
Probation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: November 10, 2009, 07:45:48 PM »

Guy makes a move and 3 bets all in ... Alex Bowler dwells and dwells and eventually makes the call with AK

Guy has 9 10 off

flop 8 10 2 5 J

Guy up to 200k !!

Karma for slowrolling.

I have to make this the first hand I write about now, in my defense! Smiley I put it in my blog but I know some forums don't like having links to follow, so here's what happened:

"With a couple of tables left I had about 280,000 which was pretty much an average stack for the final table, and late-mid-position player shoves for about 120,000, I think the blinds were 4k/8k or maybe even 3/6, because it was a bigger-than-usual shove. Here’s why I didn’t instantly reraise from the small blind:
1) The big blind had me covered and I considered whether she had seen her cards and whether she looked interested. It seemed like it would be a really bad mistake to lose all 35 blinds when I was aiming to put 15 at risk just to win the small profit from a majority of the equity in a 30bb pot (say 5bb profit?)
2) The 3 stacks after the BB were short enough to be easy to play against, meaning we could pick up a lot of antes with little risk. It was correct for them to stay pretty tight because of pay bubbles and other short stacks – this meant that as long as I had a big enough stack to stay liberal with the open-raises it might have been as profitable to fold the AK there as to call, and that’s obviously lower risk.
3) The player shoving almost certainly had a range that was ‘too weak’ to be ideal – given he plays big hands differently. I’d have preferred to think he had at least an ace so that I could be closer to 7/3 than 6/4. Note that at 6/4 I only earn (32*0.6-15) 4.2 big blinds on the call – about the same as 2 successful ante-steals. (I remember watching Helmuth complain about this situation against Varkoni in the old WSOP shows.)
4) After day one finished around midnight we went in to the city and drank a lot and got back early that morning! It was taking me much longer than usual to think through anything. Not a poker reason I know, but it was a genuine reason!
Of course, in the end I decided that the possible arguments for passing (or call-folding!) weren’t good enough and made the call. I know that a lot of live tournament players slow-roll a lot of clear decisions either because they either enjoy dwelling in their decision moment, or they maybe think that giving up on a pot without taking ages looks weak, or they saw pros on TV take a long time, or whatever, so I thought I’d write up what was happening this hand, sort of to regain credibility by showing that there was a decision (IMO at the time), but also so that other players maybe don’t mark me as a rude-tourney-donk-slowroller and so then I can keep a place on the soap-box of complaining about those who are!"

Re:Julian I think it was, I am Alex B on THMF...
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 10, 2009, 07:57:56 PM »

Guy makes a move and 3 bets all in ... Alex Bowler dwells and dwells and eventually makes the call with AK

Guy has 9 10 off

flop 8 10 2 5 J

Guy up to 200k !!

Karma for slowrolling.

I have to make this the first hand I write about now, in my defense! Smiley I put it in my blog but I know some forums don't like having links to follow, so here's what happened:

"With a couple of tables left I had about 280,000 which was pretty much an average stack for the final table, and late-mid-position player shoves for about 120,000, I think the blinds were 4k/8k or maybe even 3/6, because it was a bigger-than-usual shove. Here’s why I didn’t instantly reraise from the small blind:
1) The big blind had me covered and I considered whether she had seen her cards and whether she looked interested. It seemed like it would be a really bad mistake to lose all 35 blinds when I was aiming to put 15 at risk just to win the small profit from a majority of the equity in a 30bb pot (say 5bb profit?)
2) The 3 stacks after the BB were short enough to be easy to play against, meaning we could pick up a lot of antes with little risk. It was correct for them to stay pretty tight because of pay bubbles and other short stacks – this meant that as long as I had a big enough stack to stay liberal with the open-raises it might have been as profitable to fold the AK there as to call, and that’s obviously lower risk.
3) The player shoving almost certainly had a range that was ‘too weak’ to be ideal – given he plays big hands differently. I’d have preferred to think he had at least an ace so that I could be closer to 7/3 than 6/4. Note that at 6/4 I only earn (32*0.6-15) 4.2 big blinds on the call – about the same as 2 successful ante-steals. (I remember watching Helmuth complain about this situation against Varkoni in the old WSOP shows.)
4) After day one finished around midnight we went in to the city and drank a lot and got back early that morning! It was taking me much longer than usual to think through anything. Not a poker reason I know, but it was a genuine reason!
Of course, in the end I decided that the possible arguments for passing (or call-folding!) weren’t good enough and made the call. I know that a lot of live tournament players slow-roll a lot of clear decisions either because they either enjoy dwelling in their decision moment, or they maybe think that giving up on a pot without taking ages looks weak, or they saw pros on TV take a long time, or whatever, so I thought I’d write up what was happening this hand, sort of to regain credibility by showing that there was a decision (IMO at the time), but also so that other players maybe don’t mark me as a rude-tourney-donk-slowroller and so then I can keep a place on the soap-box of complaining about those who are!"

Welcome Alex and well done on the multiple recent scores!

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 10, 2009, 07:58:43 PM »

And cheers for the link on your blog Smiley

will email you a couple more photos.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 10, 2009, 08:34:16 PM »

Guy has 9 10 off

flop 8 10 2 5 J

Guy up to 200k !!

Karma for slowrolling.

Alex

Firstly - congratulations - and let me apologise directly to you for the bink king comment earlier in this thread - i already explained my reasons.

Im obv the villain in this hand

Anyway - Im not really sure I agree with your thinking in this hand - and i am ignoring the nit roll comment!

Firstly - without exception i was the most aggresive person on that table - and you know that from the fact you flatted KK OOP with about 10 bb's left (i was a bit annoyed i didnt take my free card as i put you on AA - but i hit a golden flop).

Therefore - i am pretty much open shoving any 2 in that spot if folded too (but i would also open ship monsters for deception given my image). Also you have the opportunity to take out someone who has been one of the better players at the table (i know that sounds crass but heyho)

As for India waking up with a hand - shit happens - only 1 hand you are dead too - 1 hand you have 70% against and the rest you are at worst flipping - flawed thinking IMO

(I would also point out you didnt call - you moved all in).

With regard to the 3 small stacks behind - you also had India to worry about who was prob going to be 3 betting light if you were opening the c/o hijack or button - so im not sure you had a free for all on their stacks. You also hadnt played this way for the previous 3 hours and im not sure you were abou to change your M.O.

There are certainly no hard feelings, i thought you played well,..................and ran nicely too! K5 indeed!

Look forward to bumping into you at future events

GL

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Alexdb
Probation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: November 10, 2009, 09:55:09 PM »

TY, and I didn't mind the label, its true of any tournament winner.

Yeah I did end up not agreeing with those arguments as well (and so shoving), and I probably should have placed more emphasis on point 4 Smiley.

The game-plan was different against the short-stacks - that's how I got caught with K5. I didn't go to showdown much but people were helping my image with "which pair was it this time?" when I shoved T6s into someone with 8bbs... (I opening 84s for a minraise against BB in seat 6 (I think) and regretted raising when he looked interested with 10bbs and I hadn't noticed he was that short, but he called the raise and check-folded flop Wink that's the best sort of running good IMO)

It is only like 0.8% of the time that India's hand gives me a problem, but since so many live players give it away (if they've looked at their cards) I thought it was worth taking a moment to look at. Avoiding 0.5% of tourney exists when you hold 10% of the chips is probably pretty profitable - especially when passing isn't terrible.

Obv India made stealing a little tougher in theory, but from my cash background, aggressive COvBUvSBvsBB with deeper stacks is probably what I'm best at. It was lucky that she was moved though, because it gave me 2 or 3 easier open shoves each round against the other 3 - hence the K5.

I would have never taken an otherwise unnecessary close gamble to eliminate a player in that spot - I thought that its an ICM nightmare with a lot of chips close to the FT, and no-one seemed to be playing close to perfectly enough to justify it. Also, if their were better players there, I thought that I wanted to try to avoid them at that stage to pick up chips in easier spots, because I'd figure to do better against them if we made the final 4/5 than in any hand with 7-9 players dealt in (Obv, I'd prefer to close against bad players, but there's no chance I'm not favourite against any final 4, but I may make big mistakes at full ring, so I feel like that plan had a bigger £ev) . 

Overall though, my tournament experience is probably in the low double figures so I'm definitely still learning and welcome the discussion/criticism/feedback. In past tournaments I think I'd made too many cash-style "easy shoves" (esp because full ring live players just don't open/3B/4B anything like online 6max), and I probably tend to keep variance high, so at the moment I'm putting a lot of thought into tournament spots where it could be the wrong decision.

So that's why I thought for a while that it could have been a pass, but then decided the reasons were bad, and shoved anyway...
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: