blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:16:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Live Cash Situation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live Cash Situation  (Read 2001 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2009, 02:36:34 PM »

£1/£2 cash game at Luton last night.

Action goes.... Me, limp utg with KK, 1 caller, followed by a raise to £12, which is called by 4 others. I re-raise to £60. Original raiser folds and shorts stack shoves his remaining stack in (£78 total) This is flat called by the button. The blinds fold and i shove for approx £250 more. The button folds saying he has has QQ and that i must have AA or KK. He doesn't show his hand but is unlikely to be lying (tho this is obv possible).

Anyway, the flop comes Q 10 5 2 Q and i scoop the pot v the short stack.

The dealer is shuffling the cards for the next hand when someone points out that i shouldn't have been allowed to shove all in, which i fully accept and didn't realise at the time, neither did the dealer, the player who had QQ or anyone else at the table.

My question is this. What should i do?

The player involved is a regular at Luton and is a good guy, he hasn't created a fuss, just said, oh well i didn't realise etc etc.

Shrug it off as dealer & player error? Give him half his money back? or give him all his money back?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 02:40:58 PM »

hustler!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 02:44:49 PM »

hustler!

Thanks for your input Mark.  Cheesy Cheesy

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 02:50:02 PM »

From him saying he had QQ before the board ran out and him being a nice guy etc would make me give him his money back.

How no-one at the table, especially the dealer realised this is an under-raise is beyond me.

@GreekStein on twitter.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 02:59:18 PM »

lol plenty of people, even nice regs, lie about there hands pre.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 03:02:40 PM »

lol plenty of people, even nice regs, lie about there hands pre.

I agree, but as i said in the OP he prob is telling the truth although it is possible he could be lying.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 03:03:12 PM »

Be sympathetic keep the money, I wouldn't expect to get a share of the pot if I had the qq.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 03:18:05 PM »

Giving the guy any money back here would just be stupid.

This situation and your dilemma is purely results orientated.

What if the flop came KQx?

Would oppo be saying "well I guess I'd have got my stack in there so I'd best give you half or even all of what I'm sat here with".

I doubt it.

Tough shite!! Follow the game more carefully imo.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 03:18:51 PM »

£1/£2 cash game at Luton last night.

Action goes.... Me, limp utg with KK, 1 caller, followed by a raise to £12, which is called by 4 others. I re-raise to £60. Original raiser folds and shorts stack shoves his remaining stack in (£78 total) This is flat called by the button. The blinds fold and i shove for approx £250 more. The button folds saying he has has QQ and that i must have AA or KK. He doesn't show his hand but is unlikely to be lying (tho this is obv possible).

Anyway, the flop comes Q 10 5 2 Q and i scoop the pot v the short stack.

The dealer is shuffling the cards for the next hand when someone points out that i shouldn't have been allowed to shove all in, which i fully accept and didn't realise at the time, neither did the dealer, the player who had QQ or anyone else at the table.

My question is this. What should i do?

The player involved is a regular at Luton and is a good guy, he hasn't created a fuss, just said, oh well i didn't realise etc etc.

Shrug it off as dealer & player error? Give him half his money back? or give him all his money back?

Hands over, action has been accepted. Keep the money and be sympathetic sounds like a plan.
ViiperUK

Die young and Save Yourself!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 03:23:21 PM »

i wouldnt give the money back and for one good reason... It's been done to me before.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 03:54:03 PM »

dealer error. sucks for him, he should pay attention.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 04:03:46 PM »

I guess it depends then on Vinny's relationship with the guy.

For example if this happened between me and Hopkin, Evilpie, Tom 'Red Dog' Macready, Rupinder 'The best chuckle in the world' Bedi etc I would snap give them their money back as I wouldn't doubt for a second they had QQ and don't want money in this way.

If it was some angleshooting scumbag like Neil Blatchly or Daniel Phillips I would place the £78 in a separate pile to my stack and constantly smile at it, and look at them and then look at it by way of a massive rubdown for having a bad read on the deck and folding quads.

@GreekStein on twitter.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 06:17:55 PM »

For example if this happened between me and Hopkin, Evilpie, Tom 'Red Dog' Macready, Rupinder 'The best chuckle in the world' Bedi etc I would snap give them their money back as I wouldn't doubt for a second they had QQ and don't want money in this way.

If it was some angleshooting scumbag like Neil Blatchly or Daniel Phillips I would place the £78 in a separate pile to my stack and constantly smile at it, and look at them and then look at it by way of a massive rubdown for having a bad read on the deck and folding quads.

This. Agree with Matt's earlier post also.

Altho obv if it was any of the names above they'd know it was an under raise (apart from StuHopkin of course who doesn't know how to play the game for shiz)

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 06:21:24 PM »

This. Agree with Matt's earlier post also.

Altho obv if it was any of the names above they'd know it was an under raise (apart from StuHopkin of course who doesn't know how to play the game for shiz)

Cry

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 06:23:02 PM »

Giving the guy any money back here would just be stupid.

This situation and your dilemma is purely results orientated.

What if the flop came KQx?

Would oppo be saying "well I guess I'd have got my stack in there so I'd best give you half or even all of what I'm sat here with".

I doubt it.

Tough shite!! Follow the game more carefully imo.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: