blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:31:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 146 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries  (Read 263067 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 29, 2011, 05:14:30 PM »

2 things that I really don't understand

1) why do people go to the gym and then spend an hour on the treadmill @ 4 km/h?

Because they are disillusioned and think this will do them some beneft. It makes them feel better though so fair play to them. It always makes me wonder when I see people training and barely putting in any effort whatsoever. Do they actually think they are doing themselves any good at all?

2) why do so many people wear as many clothes in the gym as I wear outside? there's a dude goes to my one who always has his leather jacket on, another guy in a puffer jacker and numerous people who do cardio in big hoodies with the hoods pulled up

Because they're stupid. Also I believe that if you get hot you're supposed to burn more calories. I don't know much about cardio to be honest. I find it boring and pointless.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 29, 2011, 08:02:49 PM »

Another training week over and anther good one.

I've managed 5 sessions this week so I've trained arms for the first time this year.

It felt pretty good I have to say and I really enjoyed it.

I'm looking forward to next week already which is a very good sign.

I've been speaking to Cos about a few things and I think I'm ready to set myself a few goals.

One of my strongest excercises used to be the flat bench dumbell press so I'm going to set that as a target.

At my peak I was doing 50kg dumbells for 12 - 14 reps. I never went heavier went because they didn't have any.

So my target is going to be to hit the 50kg dumbells again.

This could take quite a while to achieve. Anyone who's ever pressed a dumbell will know that 50kg is bloody heavy and takes some doing.

Even picking them up is a chore and getting them in to position without any help is really tough.

I've not done any dumbell pressing yet so I'll start on Monday and I'll be noting how much i press every week.

I expect a very slow start around the 20kg mark and achieving 50kg could easily take until the end of the year.

The getting in to it phase is over. Real training starts now.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 29, 2011, 09:02:12 PM »

I finished session 4 today and really enjoyed it. Tomorrow its unlikely I'll train because of football but from monday I'm going to try and do 5 sessions a week, 4 weights with cardio to start or finish and one that's solely cardio.

My goals - eat better. Start the day with a protein shake before I leave the house. To be under 14 stone by april 1st.

Sleep better - no weeknights to up past 12.30.

Increase current strength levels. 

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 29, 2011, 09:18:47 PM »

I've managed 5 sessions this week so I've trained arms for the first time this year.

I've been speaking to Cos about a few things and I think I'm ready to set myself a few goals.

One of my strongest excercises used to be the flat bench dumbell press so I'm going to set that as a target.

At my peak I was doing 50kg dumbells for 12 - 14 reps. I never went heavier went because they didn't have any.

This could take quite a while to achieve. Anyone who's ever pressed a dumbell will know that 50kg is bloody heavy and takes some doing.

Even picking them up is a chore and getting them in to position without any help is really tough.

I've not done any dumbell pressing yet so I'll start on Monday and I'll be noting how much i press every week.

I expect a very slow start around the 20kg mark and achieving 50kg could easily take until the end of the year.

thats just totally revolutionised it for me! always a bit of a stress getting them into position to press. 50kg dumbells are massive weight, we don't even have them at my gym!!!

after 2 good weeks i've been terrible this week, eating junk and only getting 2 cardio sessions in.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 29, 2011, 11:13:22 PM »

I finished session 4 today and really enjoyed it. Tomorrow its unlikely I'll train because of football but from monday I'm going to try and do 5 sessions a week, 4 weights with cardio to start or finish and one that's solely cardio.

My goals - eat better. Start the day with a protein shake before I leave the house. To be under 14 stone by april 1st.

Sleep better - no weeknights to up past 12.30.

Increase current strength levels. 

I abs love training and get really pissed when the other 2 clowns pull out last minute. Now I'm setting out to train alone and get spots from ppl who are training at the same time. If they make an effort to come with me fine but I'm not gonna bother chasing them now and just crack on myself as like you said it's just easier not having to rely on ppl who will fuck about.

Thus far this year my eating has been pretty much on the money and I've even surpassed my intended goals. I was gonna have 1 cheat day a week but have managed to keep it down to not even that. I've had some chocolate/popcorn or something on a Sunday but no 'days' of binge which I was going to. It's obv working as I'm 7lbs down since the 3rd and 20% of the way there Cheesy (I want to get 14stone too, mid June is my target though)

Meh I can't sleep too well anyway so I'm just gonna try and get myself to bed before 3am when I'm working the next day so I get 7hours.

This new 3x5 should hopefully increase my strength I believe and I'm looking forward to see what happens over the next couple months. I want to break 4 plates by the end of the year I think, I've been told that's a good benchmark to aim for so have set that as a goal.

GL US

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: January 30, 2011, 01:24:13 AM »

I don't know much about cardio to be honest. I find it boring and pointless.

Yep. Why waste time doing something that makes you live longer when you could be doing something that makes you look better?

Wink

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 30, 2011, 01:38:52 AM »

2 things that I really don't understand

1) why do people go to the gym and then spend an hour on the treadmill @ 4 km/h?

Because they are disillusioned and think this will do them some beneft. It makes them feel better though so fair play to them. It always makes me wonder when I see people training and barely putting in any effort whatsoever. Do they actually think they are doing themselves any good at all?

2) why do so many people wear as many clothes in the gym as I wear outside? there's a dude goes to my one who always has his leather jacket on, another guy in a puffer jacker and numerous people who do cardio in big hoodies with the hoods pulled up

Because they're stupid. Also I believe that if you get hot you're supposed to burn more calories. I don't know much about cardio to be honest. I find it boring and pointless.

It does them a lot of benefit if they are not that fit especially. In fact you burn more fat reserves by doing say 1 hour low/medium intensity cardio than busting your nads for 20 mins. So if pure fitness for a sport is not their main goal and weight loss is, this is a good way forward, as well as the other health benefits Tom alludes to.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 30, 2011, 02:02:03 AM »

It does them a lot of benefit if they are not that fit especially. In fact you burn more fat reserves by doing say 1 hour low/medium intensity cardio than busting your nads for 20 mins. So if pure fitness for a sport is not their main goal and weight loss is, this is a good way forward, as well as the other health benefits Tom alludes to.

not going at 4 km/hr. my point is that they stroll around the gym from machine to machine at a faster pace, why go to the gym and use a machine to go slower than you walk around the supermarket?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 30, 2011, 02:16:23 AM »

not going at 4 km/hr. my point is that they stroll around the gym from machine to machine at a faster pace, why go to the gym and use a machine to go slower than you walk around the supermarket?

Ok I'm talking at a pace that raises the heart rate significantly, for me that is 6 kph (5.5kph if I stick up the incline). Others may well do it at around 5kph if they increase the incline a bit. My point still stands, just not necessarily that specific kph.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 30, 2011, 03:28:46 AM »

There's plenty of people who work inefficiently in the gym but I've never seen anyone doing stuff like a 4km/hr pace on the treadmill.

Even if its a little inefficient, doing some exercise is better than none.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 30, 2011, 03:39:25 AM »

There's plenty of people who work inefficiently in the gym but I've never seen anyone doing stuff like a 4km/hr pace on the treadmill.

Even if its a little inefficient, doing some exercise is better than none.

The 4 kph was obv a pisstake, pretty sure it mean't people that obv weren't up to their hard working standards and didn't do as much. Is obv the gym equiv of taking the piss out of donks at poker, some people just can't help themselves if they see others that aren't as good as them at something, standard on here I'm afraid as you well know  Lips Sealed
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 30, 2011, 05:09:10 AM »

That is exactly how I pick up and drop dumbells. I learnt that a long time ago and it's one of the reasons that I could easily do the 50's. It's all about the dismount Smiley

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 30, 2011, 05:12:55 AM »

I don't know much about cardio to be honest. I find it boring and pointless.

Yep. Why waste time doing something that makes you live longer when you could be doing something that makes you look better?

Wink

You echo my thoughts exactly Tom.

There's no point living longer anyway if you don't look good.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 30, 2011, 05:20:01 AM »

Gatso is spot on about the lazy f**kers in the gym.

Woodsey is talking complete gash.

It's nothing to do with not being as good as someone else.These people are just wasting their time and money by being members of a gym.

They'd get more benefit walking 2 miles to the gym, not bother training then walking home.

These people drive to the gym, waste their time on a few machines then drive home. It's just stupid and you'll never convince me otherwise.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: January 30, 2011, 06:02:02 AM »

thats just totally revolutionised it for me!

This. this is superb, thanks Byron

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 146 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: