blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:57:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Call or fold
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Call or fold  (Read 2163 times)
mikelott

View Profile WWW
« on: November 20, 2009, 07:23:58 PM »

£0.50/£1cash table at sunday night GUKPT side event.

The table has only been open for about 30 minutes and the history includes:

The first hand involved 3 limpers when I had AJ on the button so I raised to 5 and was called in 2 spots and then the villain pushed all in for £180+ which we all folded to.

Next I was involved with the villain in a 3 way pot where he checked called the flop with  in an unraised pot. He then lead out for £10 into a pot of £20 when a second diamond came on the turn and then he bet £6 into the £50 pot on the river when the flush came and reraised when raised holding the nuts.

A few hands later he raised to £5 again from the small blind and I called with 2 of the limpers holding     in the big blind. Now when he raised he was shaking like he did when he bet the AQ on the turn before and I had him down as having a big hand here and called with the aim of stacking him on the right sort of flop.

The flop came down  and he went all in for £200. I had £112 in front of me and I've got the ace, straight draw, second nut flush draw and the  would give me the royal flush.

This put me in a really difficult spot and after a think I decided that I couldn't fold.

The question is should I have?

What hands would he do this with?

I felt that KK holding the was a fairly good chance as was AK, AQ and AT but AQ and AT less likely given his perceived strength pre flop.

I didn't think a flush was at all possible.

So I felt I was probably behind but with the best possible draw and no chance of drawing dead.

AK and the was my worst case scenario.

Any opinions would be welcome here.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 07:40:19 PM »

fold pre

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 08:27:26 PM »

fold pre

Is this a joke? lol.

Has the villain been drinking by any chance? I'm assuming he has been.

I don't really see any point in folding here although this is a ridiculous over-shove, I've played players like him in the past. And they overshove the most ridic hands like here he could easily have KQ with King of hearts (which you are a small fave against), AX (with a smaller heart/no heart) which u beat unless he has AK/AQ/A10.. even if he has these hands you are still a flip against AK/AQ (no heart) and vs a10(no heart) you are a slight fave. I guess on the worst side of things he could have a set of queens or tens, or even KJ which you are like a 60/40 dog. Given how hes been playing and assuming hes been drinking I say call and if he is ahead so what, you still have outs unless hes flopped the nut flush! The arguement could be stated that wait for a better spot but I think this is a great spot and your hand has great equity against his shoving range. Hope this helps.

James  
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:29:24 PM by Cottonbud » Logged
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 08:34:13 PM »

. Now when he raised he was shaking like he did when he bet the AQ on the turn before and I had him down as having a big hand here and called with the aim of stacking him on the right sort of flop.

AJ is not a hand to  "crack a big hand"

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 08:42:12 PM »

I can see your point now but AJ for £5 more. How accurate is this physical tell though? In my experience they're over-rated most people are just as nervous when they have a good hand or a bad hand.

Maybe he shakes everyhand but Mikelott only picked it up that hand because it was a big pot?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »

fold pre

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 01:35:25 AM »

A few hands later he raised to £5 again from the small blind and I called with 2 of the limpers holding     in the big blind. Now when he raised he was shaking like he did when he bet the AQ on the turn before and I had him down as having a big hand here and called with the aim of stacking him on the right sort of flop.

Erm.... I might be missing something here.....

What exactly was the "right sort of flop" when you called With ?

Were you hoping for JJJ or something similar?

I can't really see what you were hoping for that would be any better than what you've got and he's done the hard work by putting his stack in for you so snap him off.

Most flops that you hit hard aren't going to get you his stack. He's gifted you the opportunity so finish the job.

That being said though if your read puts him on AQ or better then you should fold pre cus you're not getting his stack unless you hit a dream flop like this one.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
mikelott

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 01:42:47 AM »

I suppose you're right about folding pre, I just find it hard when I see the strength of hands being shown down generally when playing live. Anyway, I did call and he had QQ. I hit the heart and he housed up at the end.

Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 05:26:25 AM »

I suppose you're right about folding pre, I just find it hard when I see the strength of hands being shown down generally when playing live. Anyway, I did call and he had QQ. I hit the heart and he housed up at the end.

Sigh.. Open shoving the top of his range, pretty terrible imo. ul.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 05:46:32 AM »

lol, pls dont fold pre in cash game.

HI HELEN!
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 05:54:45 AM »

This
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 11:29:05 AM »

Even if you've got a read on your opponents hand strength?

If that's the case we might as well not bother watching the game.

We've got a read that our oppo has a strong hand and that we may be able to stack him on the right flop. Surely we're looking for any set mining opportunity or suited connectors.

AJo plays terribly against any premium so we are better off dropping it now.

Generally speaking I'd never pass AJ in cash but if I'm squarely putting my oppo on a better hand it's going in the muck really fast.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 05:07:54 PM »

Get him HU pls and take his money like Matt Damon took KGB's money in rounders, after spotting the Oreo cookie tell :-)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 05:35:12 PM »

Get him HU pls and take his money like Matt Damon took KGB's money in rounders, after spotting the Oreo cookie tell :-)

I don't mind getting him HU but this.........

I can see your point now but AJ for £5 more. How accurate is this physical tell though? In my experience they're over-rated most people are just as nervous when they have a good hand or a bad hand.

..........is not a good way to get a hand HU when we've already had a couple of limpers.

If you want it HU then get a raise in there pls.

Thx

Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 05:38:28 PM »

I don't mind getting him HU but this.........

..........is not a good way to get a hand HU when we've already had a couple of limpers.

If you want it HU then get a raise in there pls.

Thx

No I mean HU.. 1 on 1 (New game), with a dealer no other players allowed to join. Take his roll FTW

PS - Don't let worm deal!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: