blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:47:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Trip Report...(Long)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Trip Report...(Long)  (Read 35944 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 01:58:32 PM »

It was hard for him to fold the K-K, but he managed it. Just. Proper playa him.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 02:26:44 PM »

Gooooooooooooot reporting sir,  moar pls

810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee antirail ftw Wink

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 02:43:43 PM »

Nice report cos, the aq is very clear fold in a sat in this spot.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 02:49:31 PM »

[ X ] Cheers Marky.

[  ] Nice of you to come down for a drink.

[  ] Didn't know that about the AQ.

[ X ] Funking around.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 02:53:11 PM »

I thought it was slightly clearer than that

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 03:51:38 PM »

Part 2

After a good night's rest at Maison Hopkin we set off for Stu's local pub for lunch with Evilpie and Blatch. As the other two are late we get drinks (and then order our food on the tab. When Neil comes he goes to order his and pays on the table. Thinking he's paying for his own meal they put the whole tab on card Blatch. Bink! We didn't even need to grim him, the pub did it for us. A flip not even necessary. Running good before a £1k tourney is handy.

We arrive at DTD just as the tourney has started. Possibly missed one hand but my whole 30,000 is at the table. Unfortunately my table seems a rather bad one. 120 satellite winners and I'm sandwiched between John Eames, Will Martin and Ben Vinson. Anyone got a spare pair of swimming trunks? It's not all bad though, I have a man named Richard 'ChipRich20' in the BB when I'm on the button. My strat playing live is always to play an absolute ton of hands as people butcher hands so bad and play everything so face up that it's best to accumulate chips. As a cash player I'm also a lot more used to playing with a deep stack of 100-500bbs which makes the early stages better for me.

I raised 74o in LP and Andy Bradshaw who had been quiet until then called in the BB. The flop was 256 with 2 diamonds. Andy checked and I bet. He called. The turn was the bringing 3 diamonds. I now had a pair, straight draw and a flush draw. Andy now lead out and I called. The river was a black queen and I ended up paying off a small bet to be shown KQss. I don't know why but I just knew he had air on the flop and turn. Andy seemed to be the sort of guy who wants to be a hero (yeah see the irony...i just called with a pair of 4's) and outplay everyone every hand even in those early levels when it wasn't necessary. That hand cost me 700 I think. Shortly after that hand I tried to bluff Bradshaw and when he called I got the rub. As he began asking me something I ignored him completely, took my ipod out and put my earphones in. He was really giving it, 'You got somewhere to be kid?' etc... I thought to myself I'm gonna get this guy. I'm not some shy internet kid who will let him make me look silly.

He now thinks he's got my number and I decide, on around 22k to tighten up considerably for a while. With my image I'm now getting paid if I hit. Shortly after I got KK and won a big pot on a   board where I raised pre and bet big on the flop, turn and river which both bricked clubs/straight draws. Oppo didn't call river bet. Back up to 30k without showing down that one I'm pretty sure Bradshaw still thought he knew how I was playing. As Maria said on the update thread the way he puts chips in the pot is quite tilting. He also semi slowrolls when turning his hand. Ben Vinson declared Ace high one time and Bradshaw slowly flicked one card over and then slowly flicked the other over without announcing that Ben was beat. Not a slowroll but a bit douschey. I went over and told that cheeky little Prewdie pie who was updating on the table behind me that I was gonna get him. 15 mins later I raise the cut off with 78dd and flop the 3rd nuts on a 910J board. The flop goes check check and then I bet turn, Bradshaw calls. River blanks and I bet 2700 into about 3300 and Bradshaw calls pretty quickly. I turn the card exactly the same way he did to Vinson. Not overly slowly but in that tilting one at a time slow way without saying a word.

This is where it got quite funny. Bradshaw bemoans his luck and then says, 'If you'd have bet 8k I'd have called'. (It wouldn't have surprised me if he had a 9 or a 10 here as I knew the next hand I played with him he was gonna call me). My ipod went off at this point and the verbals went on for ages. I think anyone at the table would agree I made Bradshaw look quite silly.

Me: "Hmm yeah I don't normally bet 8k into 3.5 though. Maybe its a leak."
Bradshaw: "I was definitely calling a lot more. Massive cooler there"
Me: "What did you have?"
Bradshaw: "A set!"
Me: "Of....."
Bradshaw: *Stutters* erm...Eights
Me: "(Sarcastically). Wow sick cooler. I should have defo bet 8k, you were calling with three 8's in your hand, not a single one on the board and the other in my hand"

(Continues....fast forward 5 minutes)

Me: "I think you just made a horrible call"
Bradshaw: "I had a set"
Me: "No you just made a bad call, but there's no shame in that. You're a bad player. Bad players make bad calls. Don't worry about it".

So as we continue Bradshaw raises a while later to 600 at 100/200. I call on the button with 22. Flop is  Q65 and Bradshaw bets 500 into 1400 and I may have the best hand here. I call to take a card off and now the board pairs the Q. This time Bradshaw bets 1k and again I decide to call. The river is a beautiful deuce and I lead for 3k. Andy snap makes it 7.5k and I quickly call. Radio B says: "If you've got a Queen it's good" and I turn deuces. "I didn't have a queen" I reply. I think I can see smoke....no no that's steam coming from Mr Bradshaw. I knew it wasn't too long before he was gone though his exit hand was pretty sick 4-betting AA all in and getting a call from QJ.

After that I continue building my stack, playing lots of pots and chipping up slowly. I didn't think Will Martin was as tough as I thought he'd be and I 3-bet him in position twice with the same hand 78hh and made him fold post flop both times. I won another nice pot with KK. Meanwhile I was mega impressed with John Eames. The guy ALWAYS knows where he is in a hand and had to play tight because he had Will, me and Ben, the 3 most active players along with Bradshaw all in position on him but in like 5 hours he never lost a significant pot. I was delighted when he limped once in the small after Will Martin had been knocked out, I raised Q10 and he folded. I nearly got up and told Tighty to put it on the updates. As the blinds got a little bigger I knew Ben would make life difficult and after the first time he 3-bet me and I folded I tightened up a fair bit, making sure I only raised every time it was Rich's BB.

I left the table with a peak of 70k and was moved to table Marenholz (I don't know how it's spelt but I'm pretty sure it's not the way I just did) and Snoops for my first and only bad hour of the day....

Part 3 soon.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 04:00:30 PM »

Good pennage Cos ... enjoyable read.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 04:03:31 PM »

+1

how many parts to this?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 04:04:08 PM »

+1

how many parts to this?

Don't know yet.. likely around 4/5

@GreekStein on twitter.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »

would you say you were trying to 'own' bradshaw?

great read - keep it coming

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 04:08:20 PM »

Nice continuation Cos, keep it coming please.

We need more of this sort of stuff.

Hard to believe that you could upset Andy Bradshaw. A true gentleman.

PS - can I get this through sans smiley?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »

Hard to believe that you could upset Andy Bradshaw. A true gentleman.

Matt does it best - he remembers to do the italics.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2009, 04:14:47 PM »

Cant wait for the cash update.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2009, 04:20:46 PM »

Cant wait for the cash update.

Winner so far.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: