blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:06:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Another Monte Carlo hand
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another Monte Carlo hand  (Read 3530 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »

Yeh think this is a call but it is a tough spot. If he's very capable he can shove holding just the  knowing it's a very diff call for you even with a flush

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 04:25:16 PM »

Yeah I see your point Mantis.

Surprised you all snap here, what hand overshoves that we beat?

Unless he's trying to get us to fold an ace.

Agreed dude, im suprised ppl snapping. I was on the table and i believed the guy, he was giving off strong tells and i think he jamming river as bluff like never. I think you have him beat a very small amount of the time when he is being a complete noob with nut straights etc.

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 04:55:26 PM »

Its such a standard line that bad or avrage players take.

C bet with a flush draw, hit the flush and check it, then bet / raise the river.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 06:52:03 PM »

Agreed dude, im suprised ppl snapping. I was on the table and i believed the guy, he was giving off strong tells and i think he jamming river as bluff like never. I think you have him beat a very small amount of the time when he is being a complete noob with nut straights etc.

Yeah man, he looked pretty strong to me. I think I've overstated how he was playing, I don't think he was that aggro, but I had him pegged as a solid player who would be willing to 3bet light here.

He said to me in a break that he had Q9hh, and that he thought he was shoving the river for less than he actually did. This could obv be bollocks and I take these things with a pinch of salt.

Our hand is under-repped is a good point, and something I did def consider, and perhaps provides a good reason for calling.

However...Two pair flats, a set flats, an Ace flats, a 6 probably raises but probably doesn't shove, and not that many hands you expect him to 3bet involve a 6. In my mind I was looking at Ax of hearts or xQ of hearts here so often...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 02:23:22 AM »

i dislike generalisations but calling pre and folding when we make our under-repped hand here does seem kinda bad. playing oop to aggressive players in 3bet pots is ftl tho

Christopher Brammer
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 02:50:55 AM »

fti?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 02:52:15 AM »

Like FTW, but opposite.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2009, 10:43:51 AM »

oh so its ftl not fti! doh!
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 10:44:10 AM »

Snap his hand off
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 11:32:40 AM »

i am amazed by some of these replies. i fold so so fast.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2009, 10:54:06 AM »

Yeah man, he looked pretty strong to me. I think I've overstated how he was playing, I don't think he was that aggro, but I had him pegged as a solid player who would be willing to 3bet light here.

He said to me in a break that he had Q9hh, and that he thought he was shoving the river for less than he actually did. This could obv be bollocks and I take these things with a pinch of salt.

Our hand is under-repped is a good point, and something I did def consider, and perhaps provides a good reason for calling.

However...Two pair flats, a set flats, an Ace flats, a 6 probably raises but probably doesn't shove, and not that many hands you expect him to 3bet involve a 6. In my mind I was looking at Ax of hearts or xQ of hearts here so often...

+1 to all the people saying fold here. -1 to the idea that he raises with a 6, that really is just a ridiculous suggestion. Minus another one to the suggestion that our hand is underrepped. If you were to show your hand on the river for some reason, nobody would be very surprised to see 67 of hearts.

I would be surprised to see 6-7. Hero hasn't opened a pot in a good hour or so and here he not only opens the pot from mp he calls a 3-bet oop. The only hand we've seen him play recently is Aces. So if you asked any player at the table what hero's range is right now 7 high would be a surprise I imagine. So unless hero has a premium hand in hearts he can be moved off this pot, and I would imagine if hero held a premium hand in hearts he would raise the flop.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TheFlame

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2009, 01:58:48 PM »

i would snap calling here, while fistpumping and counting up the chips. :-)

but then again, i would think about C/C the river here.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2009, 02:09:53 PM »

so we have 2 hearts in our hand and there is  hearts on the board?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2009, 05:35:51 PM »

If villain put in a small raise on the river would we call? It would be difficult to open with this hand, call a 3-bet, call the flop with a draw, hit our hand, and then bet/fold the river to a small raise. That would be a bit nitty vs a random live player. Yet a small raise would increase the chances villain holds a flush because his FE is low. When villain jams on the end his FE is the highest it can be and that makes the flush a little less likely imo. So I think if you call his bet when his FE is low you should call his bet when his FE is high. Folding just because the bet is a lot is not a good reason to fold imo.

Hero says that villain looked strong when he jammed and that would put doubt in my mind that he is actually strong. Hero also has a passive image and has been folded out of the pots he’s played. Finally hero bets a real small 4k into a pot of over 10k on the river. In villain’s eyes that can easily be seen as a vulnerable blocker bet rather than the v-bet we know it is. I’m not denying villain can show us a flush here but I’m nowhere near as certain as some. When the pot contains more than half villain’s remaining stack and hero weak leads into it I think the potential to bluff is far greater than people are implying.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2009, 06:40:51 PM »

Not a fan of calling preflop

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: