blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:46:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Super 50 with £10,000 g'teed starts this weekend !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super 50 with £10,000 g'teed starts this weekend !  (Read 11591 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 05:02:01 PM »

Hi All

Details of our latest deepstack event.

[   ] deepstack
[ x ] crapshoot

Won't be venturing down for this myself. Bit too far for a £50 comp where I'd have to pay the same in expenses. Be interested to see how it goes though, especially with that structure.

I think for 50 quid you're getting huge value. Think the buy in should have a bearing on the structure so obv you pay 300 quid you get a 45 min clock, 100 quid 30 min clock, 50 quid 24 min clock. It will obv be a shoot but this is more to do with live player's inability to readjust rather than the structure/clock

Sigh

This happened on Monday night
11 left
Average is 58k
I have 125k

No one adjusts and the blinds are huge and the bubble goes on for over 2 levels.

[X] I re-adjust obv cus Im the greatest
[  ] I made the final

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 05:05:35 PM »

He didn't mean your underwear though.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 05:06:40 PM »

Hi All

[   ] deepstack
[ x ] crapshoot

Won't be venturing down for this myself. Bit too far for a £50 comp where I'd have to pay the same in expenses. Be interested to see how it goes though, especially with that structure.

I think for 50 quid you're getting huge value. Think the buy in should have a bearing on the structure so obv you pay 300 quid you get a 45 min clock, 100 quid 30 min clock, 50 quid 24 min clock. It will obv be a shoot but this is more to do with live player's inability to readjust rather than the structure/clock

Sigh

This happened on Monday night
11 left
Average is 58k
I have 125k

No one adjusts and the blinds are huge and the bubble goes on for over 2 levels.

[X] I re-adjust obv cus Im the greatest
[  ] I made the final

These comps are like playing ipoker cash! How come the nits always find Aces eh Stu? And meanwhile here I am shoving 

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 05:12:59 PM »

He didn't mean your underwear though.

I wedgied myself  Shocked

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 05:35:33 PM »

Yeah think you will get a few more from further a field.

Think I will be playing Sunday.

Can I ask why the 24 minute clock and not the 30 used in the 20/20 and £150 deepstacks?

Surely it makes little difference to costs and an hour or so to the finisht time but would give that extra bit of play in the tournament.

Because it's only £6 to play innit bro. Get a few knocked out a bit earlier and they play the other comps or maybe cash.

This is not DTD being sneaky it's just pure economic sense. Everyone paying £6 each for a comp that will potentially last 12 hours is fantastic value.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 05:38:37 PM »

Hi All

[   ] deepstack
[ x ] crapshoot

I have the same complaint as Stu. The 20:20 has shown that a 30 minute clock can get through a 270 strong field in one day. So why not go with that?

Sigh.....

It's the juice that provides the value not the buy in you big numptys.

£6 for a 270 field 12 hour long comp is good value. Probably better value than the £36 you pay for the £300 to be fair but that's just my opinion.

The club provides dealers for the duration of the comp. The juice has to cover this. at £6 per head I wouldn't think there's a hope in hell of this comp covering itself hence DTD are providing good value.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 06:02:12 PM »

Yeah think you will get a few more from further a field.

Think I will be playing Sunday.

Can I ask why the 24 minute clock and not the 30 used in the 20/20 and £150 deepstacks?

Surely it makes little difference to costs and an hour or so to the finisht time but would give that extra bit of play in the tournament.

Hi Stuart

Two reasons.

1. The reg fees on the £100 and £150 are £12 and £18 respectively whereas on the Super 50 is only £6 which means we will be running it at a loss.

2. This event could prove to be very popular and if so we want the flexibility to be able to raise the cap .

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 06:09:16 PM »

George

Matt

The club provides dealers for the duration of the comp. The juice has to cover this. at £6 per head I wouldn't think there's a hope in hell of this comp covering itself hence DTD are providing good value.

Thanks guys for two spot on answers.

ACES

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:13:48 PM by ACES » Logged

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 06:12:23 PM »

The value to the players will be shown when it reaches the 270 cap - and I don't think the snow will keep people away.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 06:37:38 PM »

Simon whats DTD's payout strcuture for this?  I.e. what % does 1st prize get assuming it makes the cap of 270?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 06:42:35 PM »

I'll be up for this too

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 07:00:45 PM »

And personally I think super 50 is a rubbish name. Surely 50/50 would have been better?!?!?!

I'd call it the fiddy/fiddy
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 07:35:43 PM »

George

Matt

Thanks guys for two spot on answers.

ACES

Completely acceptable answers Simon, and Im not questioning the value of the comp at all.

I didnt expect the 6 min difference to make a noticeable difference to the dealer cost or rake taken on the cash games.
I tried to work it out on a spreadsheet but your skills surpass mine as I just got into a mess!

K9sixtwo

Sigillum Militum Xpisti

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 07:58:51 PM »

30 mile radius??.... There's 8 of us coming up from Cambridge.. Good value comp, lots of runners in the best Poker venue in the country.. Cant go wrong IMHO
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »

George, the twenty twenty name is because of the guarentee not the buy in, would you rather it be 'The Ten Ten'!?. Sounds pretty panty-tastic

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: