blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:14:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  GUKPT Manchester - Staking Request - SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUKPT Manchester - Staking Request - SOLD OUT  (Read 8483 times)
Shawrie85

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 05:19:52 PM »

Cheers dino

Nick was a good player

We'd had plenty interaction.

He got down to 6k  after AA<kq

He raised cut off with 99. I had 3 bet him from the bb 3 times. I woke up with KK. I raise he jams I call.

QK9 flop xx

Sweet, glglglglgl
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 06:09:01 PM »

Busto

AA<TT on a 68T flop

I would point out that the ***** took 5 seconds to say call

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 06:35:28 PM »

Busto

AA<TT on a 68T flop

ul mate

wait for him in the car park and give him 1000£ worth of pain!

Just me
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2010, 07:21:54 PM »

Busto

AA<TT on a 68T flop

UL mate! Damn those fcking slow rollers!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2010, 07:38:09 PM »

ul

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 11:34:56 AM »

Ok mini trip report as promised

Obv feeling pretty gutted this morning still - been playing the busto hand around in my head and i just dont see how i get away from it! Maybe its just a cooler dunno.

So i was actually really relaxed which was good. I sometimes feel jittery in level 1 of any tourney, but there was no sign of it yesterday. Possibly just as well as I got dealt AQ on the 2nd hand (i hate AQ early doors). I got 2 callers, flop came A high so i C bet and got called. I then check called to get to more streets of value (from what i guessed was AJ AT). This was a really nice start a settled me into my game.

I lost some chips with 66 when the board came 4597A. I made a daft bet on the river and got looked up by 9T.

I had played really snug for the first hour, and the last hand of the level raised 56 and got called by the BB. - Hand reported elsewhere in this thread.

My next raise was with KQ and i got called (again by the BB with Q3). This guy was called Nick, but he was a good player and causing me the most problems tbf. flop came with a 3 - i c bet he called, turn ck ck, i bet the river, and he picked up the chips in 1 hand and his cards in the other and hovered them both over the line. He tells me he is going to call me really light. he drop the chips and I muck.

The table had started to get a bit frisky in level 4 with the antes in, so I decided to wind it in a bit.

Nick and the guy in seat 3 played a huge pot (with Simon deadman in till the flop) on a K34JQ board. Nick was in agony by the river facing an all in, and i think more in the way he had played the hand. He made a pretty poor call with AA and was down to 6k.

Nick and I had had some fun. I had 3 bet him 3 times from the BB (once after the Q3 hand, as he told me "he defends his blinds", so I 3 bet him the next orbit and said "thats how to defend your blinds"). His exit was pretty cold really, he raised my BB with 99, i woke up with KK and decided that the 3 bet had to go in. He jammed i snapped, but as it turned out the 3 bet wouldnt have mattered as the board ran KQ9xx..

I was really happy to see the back of him tbf. i was on 21k and feeling really happy and composed. Simon deadman bust 1 orbit later, and his busto hand was played really weird by the opponent. his opponent called and all in in a J45x5 board which was also flushed by the turn. I cant remember the betting exactly other than the villain flatted a raise with QQ pre. Simon deadman cheack raised the flop and then bet the turn and river. The villain made a pretty terrible call with QQ. When I say terrible call, he just never took control of the hand and didnt know where he was as he put his chips in after tanking the river.

I then got a  good run of cards,  [  ] glad about that.

I get JJ and raise utg and get flatted by the table super nit Damian Evans, who I played half a day with when I FT'd blackpool. Flop Axx. I check, he bets and i just let it go. HE has it 100% of the time there and i really didnt see the point in wasting another 1800 chips to find out.

The guy to my right had played funky, so when it folds to him on the button and he raised my JJ from the sb was an insta 3 bet. He then 4 bets and i still dont take him for a hand. Im not sure about my call thou. The bets go 600, 1800, 4000 - call (im playing 21k). TO be honest on a < J flop I was going to c/r all in I was so sure he has nothing.

The flop was pretty terrible in terms of continuing it came, 679ddd and i had 2 black jacks. I check and he checks behind. turn came a brick, i tank check really hoping to get to show down, or maybe even bet a non diamond river. He bets 6k, i consider jamming for about 2 minutes, cant bring myself to do it - and fwiw i dont think he passes with an A or K of d. Im not in the slightest surprised to be shown 53ss when i lay my hand down.

The very next hand on the button I get AA (thank you please let them think im tilted).

Bloke who took out deadman limps UTG for 200, i make it 1k to go, he tank calls.

flop . he checks, i bet 2k. This is bigger than i would usually bet here, but my initial thought was to allow him to raise me or to commit on a friendly turn card. When he raised, my spidey sense were tingling. I thought about the hand for a minute. He had bumped it up to 6k and I think I stared the hand with 16k. I considered flatting with position, but given I would have 10k, the only option that flatting left me with was hero folding the turn when he leads into me.

Given the deadman hand, i just couldn't take him off the JJ QQ KK AT type hands. He could even of had a funky combo type hand.  I just cant see folding that flop is ever right. Hero folding the turn and leaving 10k was on option, but these are ALWAYS much easier in hindsight. Just like wanting to fold the QQ on the final table at blackpool when i knew he had AA, i kinda knew something was up, but i just couldn't fold, especially  given the action on the previous hand.

I look at the dealer and tell him I'm all in, the guy sighs, sits back in his chair goes hmmmmmmmmm , OK ill call after 5 seconds. What a wanker, what do this fuckers achieve. I hope the twat gets run over in the car park.

To continue my [  ] great day of poker, i played the 100 and got up to 44k when the ave was 11k. I was forced to call 8 shorties all in, was never worse than 60/40 and lost 8 show does all in pre as well as TT<AA and final hand of 99<QQ.

Poker can fuck off and die

thanks for the stakes. I always feel like ive let people down. The staking is appreciated. I dont feel pressure of it when i play, i just feel gutted about their being no return.

I would like to say thanks to Alex Martn for making me laugh. Im not sure who he spoke to, but when I met him yesterday, he told me that someone told to to look for a Louis Theroux look-a-like - tyvm  Tongue
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 12:35:33 PM by outragous76 » Logged

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2010, 05:39:56 AM »

cheers for the report m8, imo your exit hand is avoidable, mainly because ppl dont really cr too light in these things (they are really that soft) but you played well and better luck next time!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: