blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 06:50:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272941 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Everyone has one so why not..
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 366 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone has one so why not..  (Read 638003 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2010, 03:52:42 PM »

Just read the thread from the start. Few questions if that's OK?

How many tables did you start with and how long before you moved up to 20?

Does TN stack/cascade tables for you? Do you use HUD?

If you see a lot of good regs already registered do you not sign up?

Whats you desktop set up. Screen size? More than one screen?

How long sessions do you play? I guess you play evenings (Are you still working or taking time out?)

GL with the grinding, great thread

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2010, 04:29:37 PM »

Just read the thread from the start. Few questions if that's OK?

How many tables did you start with and how long before you moved up to 20?
Started off playing 12 moved up to 14 the next session as had no problem and then done the same to 16,played 16 for a week then moved to 20.Apart from the odd mistake that's to be expected I manage fine with 20
Does TN stack/cascade tables for you? Do you use HUD?
You can set it to do this for you,I haven't yet,been meaning to set it up.I just drag a new one across to the pile.I do use a hud which i do use a bit for decision making in a few spots.
If you see a lot of good regs already registered do you not sign up?
Never check who's in the ones I'm regging for tn just does it,You wouldn't have time to look while playing so many and tbh even some of the regs aren't great and there's always enough fish in the games
Whats you desktop set up. Screen size? More than one screen?
I've got a 22" screen,I just stack them all in the top right corner then move one to top left if I've finalled.I know some think that it can be off putting to do that with finals as your going to concentrate more on them but i think it's fine
How long sessions do you play? I guess you play evenings (Are you still working or taking time out?)
I generally try to play 4hr sessions on a night to play 80 during the week then look to put in a longer session on the Saturday so I can play 120-160.I'm roughly playing about 25hrs a week as well as working full-time,for now Smiley
GL with the grinding, great thread
Thanks

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2010, 05:01:13 PM »

Watched the Old Firm derby before and loved the Charlie Nicholls comment after the game,you could see he was steaming and they go to discuss the sending off, he said something like "Kyle Lafferty always seems to have an input in these games,bit it's never skill because he doesn't have any" PMSL wp sir.I loved the passion he showed as you don't see it from many,reminded me of the way Ian Wright was when Eng lost at the WC,can't think of anyone else like that though.
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2010, 05:50:20 PM »

Ability it was Mond and hes right Lafferty is a big useless twat.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2010, 06:02:48 PM »

Watched the Old Firm derby before and loved the Charlie Nicholls comment after the game,you could see he was steaming and they go to discuss the sending off, he said something like "Kyle Lafferty always seems to have an input in these games,bit it's never skill because he doesn't have any" PMSL wp sir.I loved the passion he showed as you don't see it from many,reminded me of the way Ian Wright was when Eng lost at the WC,can't think of anyone else like that though.

I like Jamie Redknapp, I think he can be passionate at times and he speaks alot of sense.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2010, 11:28:46 PM »

Going to set myself a couple of aims for next month and see how i do :

-Reach Platinum Level
-Make $2k for the month

Current bankroll : 2344.78 (after shipping the % split)

I'm pretty condifent I'll achieve both especially making Platinum.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2010, 09:44:36 PM »

Long post oncoming

So I've decided that I don't want to carry on studying for the time being, I already referenced to this in my OP and although I'm sure most won't believe this the poker hasn't altered my thinking with this very much if at all; I had pretty much made this decision 6 months ago but let it drag out till now as I was on a year out. My boss was fine and agreed that If I wasn't motivated and going to give it 100% which I said to him I wasn't then its best I did stop. So I have my current qualifications as an Accountant but I won't be an FD anytime in the near future. I'm not sure if I'll ever want that again in the future but at the minute I definitely don't.

And so to my next decision. I also spoke to him about the pokers and how things were going well and the fact I have been playing more seriously. I ask how he'd feel if I were to cut down my days to 2-3 days a week because I wanted to play more seriously. I wasn't expecting a good response to this as he always talks about poker as just another form of gambling.Surprisingly he was understanding to what I wanted to do and fully supportive, we agreed that we'd do it for a trial basis and reassess things in a month's time. I know am very lucky to have such a kind and helpful boss and have a lot of respect for him and I'm very grateful.

So this is a new chapter in my life I suppose and I'm really excited about it,hopefully things will continue as they've went so far,I'm confident I'll at least be able to make as much playing as I would going to work so the fact I really enjoy It will be really good for me.I also think I'll enjoy my job a lot more just doing it on a part-time basis as well.I fully intend to stick to my accountants job no matter how good the poker goes(unless a bink the world in a donkament obv ) as it will always be something good to fall back on as I currently see poker as short/medium term opportunity for me.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2010, 10:34:15 PM »

Seems like a good result. Doing the accountancy less might make you want to carry on studying sometime in the future if you get the hunger back.
Good luck with the poker though, hope the extra time is beneficial
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2010, 10:51:42 PM »

Seems like a good result. Doing the accountancy less might make you want to carry on studying sometime in the future if you get the hunger back.
Good luck with the poker though, hope the extra time is beneficial

Yeah maybe it will,guess you never know what the future holds,I certainly didn't think I'd be giving poker a go as an income 6 months ago even, lol.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2010, 10:52:29 PM »

I ask how he'd feel if I were to cut down my days to 2-3 days a week because I wanted to play more seriously. I wasn't expecting a good response to this as he always talks about poker as just another form of gambling.Surprisingly he was understanding to what I wanted to do and fully supportive

are you sure he wasn't just nodding politely because he didn't understand wtf you were saying?

good move though ray, dropping stuff from your life that you're not enjoying/don't want to do is generally +ev

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2010, 11:41:57 PM »

I ask how he'd feel if I were to cut down my days to 2-3 days a week because I wanted to play more seriously. I wasn't expecting a good response to this as he always talks about poker as just another form of gambling.Surprisingly he was understanding to what I wanted to do and fully supportive

are you sure he wasn't just nodding politely because he didn't understand wtf you were saying?

good move though ray, dropping stuff from your life that you're not enjoying/don't want to do is generally +ev

Haha,possibly
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2010, 08:30:06 PM »

I've had a good start to the week which is nice,esp as I'm doing it more serious now.

I'm going to try to stick to the same layout now so it's easy reading Smiley

Games played this week : 61
Profit/Loss : +336.50
Current bankroll : $2681.28
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2010, 08:48:48 PM »

Couple questions some people may be able to help with please :

Is Proplus better than Redbull ?

When is the best time for me to be grinding these full time ?

The second questions a bit complicated since I want to try to keep a reasonable sleep pattern as I'll still be working Monday and Tuesday and don't want to be grinding Friday night.

I'm currently debating between playing 10am-6pm - 12pm-8pm wed/thurs and maybe adding a 10pm-2am session with that then 10am-6pm fri/sat and have Sunday off.I know the peak times for volume are 5pm-4am ish but MC plays during the day and I don't think he has much problem putting the volume in,and advice would be appreciated, thanks.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2010, 09:08:54 PM »

I've had a good start to the week which is nice,esp as I'm doing it more serious now.

I'm going to try to stick to the same layout now so it's easy reading Smiley

Games played this week : 61
Profit/Loss : +336.50
Current bankroll : $2681.28
Congrats Ray
Am I right in assuming that $5.5 per game is a pretty good return at these?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2010, 09:56:32 PM »

It's above expectation.

ROI for this session was 44.5% in the 6's and 59.2% in the 12's.

I think most of the good players at these run at about 20-25% for the 12's and 30-40% in the 6's.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 366 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: