blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:26:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Everyone has one so why not..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 366 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone has one so why not..  (Read 630928 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 12:14:50 PM »

You started with $350, & now have $2,000+? That's splendid.

Will you update the "running Bankroll" for us regularly? We'll have a celebration when you reach $5,000.

When you have a bad day, & your mind is poker-frazzled, make sure you Post. How people react to bad days & adversity fascinates me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 01:35:10 PM »

Jon Woodfield is the cleverist man in Europe!
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 03:17:32 PM »

Good luck Raymond you fecking lunatic.

I would have volunteered as translator but my first effort failed drastically.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 06:57:58 PM »

You started with $350, & now have $2,000+? That's splendid.

Will you update the "running Bankroll" for us regularly? We'll have a celebration when you reach $5,000.

When you have a bad day, & your mind is poker-frazzled, make sure you Post. How people react to bad days & adversity fascinates me.

Yeah I'm really pleased with how quickly I'm building a roll,esp since I've been shipping half my profits since around the 800 mark.MC has to take good amount of credit for it,cheers mate.I wouldn't say he's made any major changes just fixed a few minor leeks and stuff but it's really showed in my results.

I will plan to update after every session,I spend loads time on here doing nothing so can't see me not having the time to spend 10mins updating.Will definitly not just be posting when i win Smiley
The thing with these is,for me anyway, you know your going to get hit by variance at some point so when you do have a downswing it doesn't hurt as much as it will for the big field mtters as you can just put mass volume in to get back up.In the time I've been playing these I'd say I've only being steaming in one session.

So onto today,had by far the sickest session yet...

Stakes  Games     ROI           $

6.50       22         9.1      13.00
$12        38       131.6     600

Current bankroll  2776.03 (still have to ship 50% of this weeks from this which is about $600 )

Rungoodaments Smiley

Going to have a break then probably play another 60.Can't believe I'm staying in on a Saturday night to grind these haha,very sad i know.It's only coz I'm cash busto but still seems wrong.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 06:58:32 PM »

Geo

Haha,fun times
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 07:16:09 AM »

incred results yesterday monda, 4 wins @ the 12s.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2010, 11:08:35 AM »

That was some day yesterday, well done.

Make a note of the Page no in your Diary, & when you have a really bad day, look back & re-assure yourself.

I'm going for March 31st as the day your Bankroll breaks the $5,000 barrier.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:32:36 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 11:22:53 AM »

No second session yesterday ended up going to town Smiley

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 05:48:15 PM »

Guna give grinding a miss today feeling pretty tired and although my volume figures are poor this week I'm obv happy with how the weeks gone.Think I'm going to try and play more during the week so I don't have to grind as hard on the weekends.I like put in a full session during the day on saturdays before going out but generally struggle to motivate myself on a Sunday.

Did a session with James earlier today and was pleased how that went,we normally go through a couple of tourneys and he'll spot about 5/6 hands where I could've/should've played it differently.First tourney today said I played it perfectly,second was one hand where i shoved light so really pleased with that.

Gotta do weekly report and then just gonna chillout and watch couple films or summit.GLGL everyone in all the majors tonight
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 06:03:16 PM »

Shipped the share of profits and I intend to grind hard next week, aim will be minimum 400 games.

Current bankroll : $2162.78
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2010, 12:55:08 PM »

Nice start to the diary Ray.

Can you tell me a bit about your job and accounts qualifications etc

Also am I right in thinking if you get this rolling well you seem to be thinking of doing it full time?

I find it really interesting on what motivates people to take a shot at going pro.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2010, 03:56:05 PM »

Geo

Haha,fun times

Cheesy

Good luck with this.   Will try and read.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2010, 04:57:55 PM »

Nice start to the diary Ray.

Can you tell me a bit about your job and accounts qualifications etc

Also am I right in thinking if you get this rolling well you seem to be thinking of doing it full time?

I find it really interesting on what motivates people to take a shot at going pro.

I'm a qualified Accountant, AAT Technician Level (level below degree but have letters after my name Smiley )

I work for a medical company,mainly involved in the management accounts and just day to day aspects of the business as well as budgets and forecasts etc

I started doing the final qualification which is the ACA(ICAEW) course which you need or equivalent level to be a Director,Don't want to make excuses but I'm going to lol,I failed exams first time round when I had a bit of personal shit going on that really distracted me,to cut a very long story short I bought a house with my cousin got screwed over and I was liable for half the house and didn't expect them to keep up the mortgage payments so was worried I might have to go bankrupt which would ment my job prospects were fukd for want of a better word.Anyway went on to do resits were i failed by one mark FMEL.The house shit was all going on at this time still plus other stuff so decided to take a year out,It's know a year on and I'm totally not motivated to go back to hitting the books and also a bit dejected at the thought of another year working in an office 9-5(well it's actually 8-4 but 9-5 just sounds better innit).

At the moment I'm still debating with myself what's the best thing for me to do but it's never been go back and study,thing is it's not because of my recent poker exploits that have me thinking this way.I've felt like it for a while now I keep asking myself why I'm doing what I'm doing and I never have an answer.My current thinking is if all goes to plan I would like to cut down my work to 2 days a week,I think i would enjoy this as it means I can keep human interaction for one Smiley and then make the rest of my living from grinding.You seem to have a lot of things going with your worklife and probably enjoy it but I wonder how many people that play the game casually would prefer to be playing poker for a living or work 9-5 ?

The main reason I'd like to do this is basically I really don't enjoy my job very much whereas I really do enjoy the pokers.Sure after a while it will become repetitive,boring,just like everything else etc etc but I'm pretty sure that I'd still enjoy it more than I currently am going to work.I'm probably one of the very few that's actually thinking of taking poker more serious for reasons other than just financially(obv money always matters unless your minted, mbn).As I mentioned in my op the job offer is there for me to become finance director and I'm still very confident with the motivation and the time spent I'd defintly be able to pass my exams.Problem is i'm just not motivated by money at all,I'd rather be happy.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2010, 04:59:11 PM »

Geo

Haha,fun times

Cheesy

Good luck with this.   Will try and read.

LOL,i see what you did there  
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2010, 05:10:44 PM »

I've started watching The Sopranos again recently as it's up there with the best tv progs ever for me.

Anyway Tony (the main mafia guy for anyone who doesn't watch it) goes to see a shrink,The shrink gets attacked by some bloke in a car park and he rapes her.The guy who did it gets caught stragiht away and charged but then they have to drop the case on a technicallity as some mistake was made with the evidence.She then thinks about the fact that she could get Tony to kill the guy as they've become quite close and she knows he would do it if he knew what had happened.They have the next session and he asks her if she's ok and she says "yeah just had a car accident" moments later her cane that she's using drops and she gets a big fright, he knows there's something up so he says "are you sure your ok,is there anything i can do" to which there's a long pause before she says "No,I'm fine"

My question is would anyone not get him to "sort it" as such ? Imo he would 100% no doubt deserve it and I would definitly want him to.Interested to see any points of view of those who think otherwise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 366 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: