blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:32:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Everyone has one so why not..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 366 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone has one so why not..  (Read 630945 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2010, 12:16:38 PM »

Don't see why not. Personally I would get Tony to spite rape him back.

Thanks for your reply about your job, Ill respond later.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2010, 03:01:35 PM »

This Diary is coming together nicely - keep it going Bud.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2010, 03:24:36 PM »

This Diary is coming together nicely - keep it going Bud.

I didnt think you would appreciate my reply Tony, but thanks Ill keep up my contributions to Monda's thread, no probs Bud. Wink

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2010, 03:38:08 PM »

I've started watching The Sopranos again recently as it's up there with the best tv progs ever for me.

Anyway Tony (the main mafia guy for anyone who doesn't watch it) goes to see a shrink,The shrink gets attacked by some bloke in a car park and he rapes her.The guy who did it gets caught stragiht away and charged but then they have to drop the case on a technicallity as some mistake was made with the evidence.She then thinks about the fact that she could get Tony to kill the guy as they've become quite close and she knows he would do it if he knew what had happened.They have the next session and he asks her if she's ok and she says "yeah just had a car accident" moments later her cane that she's using drops and she gets a big fright, he knows there's something up so he says "are you sure your ok,is there anything i can do" to which there's a long pause before she says "No,I'm fine"

My question is would anyone not get him to "sort it" as such ? Imo he would 100% no doubt deserve it and I would definitly want him to.Interested to see any points of view of those who think otherwise.

That's one of my favourite Soprano's moments. It's just chilling because you know what will happen if she gives the nod.

I think Melfi didn't want it doing because she no longer needed it doing. She had regained power through her acquaintance with Tony. She knew that no matter what he had done to her if she really wanted to she could have him killed. That knowledge is what helps her to get over it so well. The only reason he is alive is because she has allowed him to remain alive.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2010, 05:46:50 PM »

^^^^ Mine too.

I get what you mean but thing is,in his mind he's got off with it scot free basically and as he has no idea about her acquaintance with him he isn't affected by it.Obviously she decided against taking revenge and I assume the writers choose for her not to take revenge to have the contrast of good vs bad,but I don't think it would've been bad if she'd done what most would do (i think that's what most would do maybe not).

PS I didn't quote you Matt because when the scroll comes on the right hand side after i type every letter it auto goes back to the top so i can't see what I'm typing,anyone else had this and can i stop it it tilts me hard.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:48:56 PM by mondatoo » Logged
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2010, 05:49:52 PM »

Don't see why not. Personally I would get Tony to spite rape him back.

Thanks for your reply about your job, Ill respond later.

Haha,I was thinking minimum castrate him.

T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2010, 05:52:44 PM »

Love the sopranos.. not quite as good as the wire, but still wicked

Would I ask Tony to 'deal with it' if i was in same boat?.. I would like to think not, but then again if it was a family member or close friend I guess it would be tough not to give the nod..

Reasons for not would be that I dont think it would truly help you get over something like that... it wouldn't really get rid of the hurt... maybe not the best analogy but its a bit like the old 'path to to the dark side' stars wars thing

God luck with the diary and your poker exploits - looks like you off to a flyer!!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2010, 05:53:58 PM »

^^^^ Mine too.

I get what you mean but thing is,in his mind he's got off with it scot free basically and as he has no idea about her acquaintance with him he isn't affected by it.Obviously she decided against taking revenge and I assume the writers choose for her not to take revenge to have the contrast of good vs bad,but I don't think it would've been bad if she'd done what most would do (i think that's what most would do maybe not).

PS I didn't quote you Matt because when the scroll comes on the right hand side after i type every letter it auto goes back to the top so i can't see what I'm typing,anyone else had this and can i stop it it tilts me hard.

I've had this happen before aswell but only on explorer. Seems fine with firefox.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2010, 05:56:23 PM »

Another favourite Soprano's moment.

After Tony has taken Arthur's (Artie's) Restaurant over and takes the bad debt on as well.....

End of the epsiode we see Furio knock on the debtor's door and he answers.....

We didn't need to see the rest Smiley

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2010, 05:59:01 PM »

Didn't play yesterday as was still pretty tired off the weekend and don't like playing when I'm tired.

Won't be playing today either as I'm up at me dads to have tea,having the nicest ham in the world FACT.Every Christmas we get a turkey or ham from work,I always get the ham and me step mam cuts it into about 6 pieces and freezes it,it's huuugggeeeeeee.So having tea and watch the man u game.Obv with a few cans Smiley

I have to play a minimum of 375 games a week but it's fine to average it out over time,I only played 260 last week so I'm intending to play a lot this week.Will definitely be putting session in tmoro and thurs ,will probably try and play 100 each day but see how i feel.

Just went to have a look on betfair and found i had £10 in my account I didn't no i had,Bink.

[  ] Epic spin up to follow
[X] Prob put it on an 8 fold and get 2 results correct
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2010, 06:01:27 PM »

favourite clubs/nights in Newcastle?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2010, 06:05:17 PM »

Yes, all the time...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2010, 06:05:37 PM »

Love the sopranos.. not quite as good as the wire, but still wicked

Would I ask Tony to 'deal with it' if i was in same boat?.. I would like to think not, but then again if it was a family member or close friend I guess it would be tough not to give the nod..

Reasons for not would be that I dont think it would truly help you get over something like that... it wouldn't really get rid of the hurt... maybe not the best analogy but its a bit like the old 'path to to the dark side' stars wars thing

God luck with the diary and your poker exploits - looks like you off to a flyer!!

Never watched The Wire,is it similar.Will give it a look.I agree it probably wouldn't help that much but it would take away the anger of the fact he'd basically got away with it.It clearly in this case helped her just knowing she could as Matt said.You obviously can't ever no what you would do unless you where in the situation but I think if it happened to my wife/mother or someone I loved I couldn't leave it.

Cheers for the gl.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2010, 06:06:49 PM »

^^^^ Mine too.

I've had this happen before aswell but only on explorer. Seems fine with firefox.

Probably is that as I use firefox at home and don't have the problem.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2010, 06:13:36 PM »

Another favourite Soprano's moment.

After Tony has taken Arthur's (Artie's) Restaurant over and takes the bad debt on as well.....

End of the epsiode we see Furio knock on the debtor's door and he answers.....

We didn't need to see the rest Smiley

Furio was really good character while he was in it.I'm starting series 3 at the moment mostly just watch an ep or 2 when I go to bed.

Couple of favourite moments so far...

When Christopher's stoned at Tony's mother's wake and talking about DNA and how they can't prove it's true,abs PMSL.

Also although it's nothing just the bit when Meadow's boyfriend Noah says "He's lucky I didn't knock him out " about the racism,haha couldn't sop laughing at that

Loads of others I could put though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 366 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: