blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:58:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 685040 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3780 on: November 24, 2015, 03:41:10 PM »

Will catch that if I think on, trailer looked good.  Also recording one tonight at 9pm on BBC1, something about all the residents of a street in London all receiving a note saying "We want what you have" or something like that.   Intrigued me.

It's a pretty good book 'Capital' - will watch out of curiosity I think

sola virtus nobilitat
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: November 24, 2015, 04:29:27 PM »

Will catch that if I think on, trailer looked good.  Also recording one tonight at 9pm on BBC1, something about all the residents of a street in London all receiving a note saying "We want what you have" or something like that.   Intrigued me.

It's a pretty good book 'Capital' - will watch out of curiosity I think

I read the book - didn't know the TV version was on, think I'll try and catch it now as well Smiley

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3782 on: November 24, 2015, 06:50:23 PM »

London Spy BBC2 Monday 9pm is the best thing i have seen on tv for ages

on iplayer 3 episodes of 5 into it

Ben whishaw is magnificent

genuinely good stuff, seedy and harrowing

not a clue what is going on beyond some theories that will probably be way off ther mark

Watched the first half hour of episode one and didnt think it was going to be much cop. Will continue to watch it on your recommendation.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: November 25, 2015, 02:12:17 PM »

Actually relieved Glenn made it out safe in TWD.... and exactly in the way I thought oi oi!

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: November 25, 2015, 10:06:12 PM »

Fargo's been mentioned a couple of times, so I'm just adding my tuppence & recommendation to invest some time in catching up with it. It's produced by the Coen Brothers, who are responsible for some excellent, quirky films & tv over the years:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coen_brothers_filmography

More than a simple cops & crime gang-war story, the delight comes in the depiction of the weird & wonderful characters, whilst there's regular jolt's of brutality thrown in before it gets a little too whimsical. I miss Billy Bob Thornton from the first to series, but the positives far outweigh the negatives in the latest series.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3785 on: November 25, 2015, 10:09:29 PM »

Fargo's been mentioned a couple of times, so I'm just adding my tuppence & recommendation to invest some time in catching up with it. It's produced by the Coen Brothers, who are responsible for some excellent, quirky films & tv over the years:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coen_brothers_filmography

More than a simple cops & crime gang-war story, the delight comes in the depiction of the weird & wonderful characters, whilst there's regular jolt's of brutality thrown in before it gets a little too whimsical. I miss Billy Bob Thornton from the first to series, but the positives far outweigh the negatives in the latest series.

It's been superb, absolutely world class cast. Surprisingly good turn by Ted Danson.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: December 01, 2015, 04:20:15 PM »

to watch "Jessica Jones" do i need to have watched Daredevil first?

i understand one leads into the other as part of a three series lead into a new film franchise for Marvel?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3787 on: December 01, 2015, 04:22:38 PM »

i understand one leads into the other as part of a three series lead into a new film franchise for Marvel?

No, actually doesnt matter which order you watch.

There is a Daredevil character pops up in the final couple of episodes but it is completely in a vaccuum, its marginally better to watch DareDevil I guess for that reason, but it would only increase enjoyment by 1%.

Both of them are excellent though. If you like action, maybe go for DD first, if you like psychological thrillers, go JJ.

Or indeed alternate them.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: December 01, 2015, 06:30:31 PM »

There is a Daredevil character pops up in the final couple of episodes but it is completely in a vaccuum, its marginally better to watch DareDevil I guess for that reason, but it would only increase enjoyment by 1%.

Both of them are excellent though. If you like action, maybe go for DD first, if you like psychological thrillers, go JJ.

Daredevil is excellent and I heartily recommend it. I'm 3 episodes into Jessica Jones and am thoroughly enjoying that as well.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3789 on: December 01, 2015, 06:34:49 PM »

Daredevil is excellent and I heartily recommend it. I'm 3 episodes into Jessica Jones and am thoroughly enjoying that as well.

Both shows are strong in large part because they have really interesting villains. JJ gets better with every episode.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: December 01, 2015, 07:09:12 PM »

Massively leftfield, but did anyone watch T.Rex Autopsy on Channel 5 last night? Seems it was a repeat as it was apparently on National Geographic in the summer:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/06/08/scientists-did-an-autopsy-of-a-t-rex-on-tv-and-it-was-awesome-and-bloody/

http://www.theguardian.com/science/lost-worlds/2015/jun/11/dead-real-how-we-built-the-t-rex-autopsy-dinosaur

Genuinely recommend it. Really enjoyed the show. Serious kudos to the people who put the work in to it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:10:49 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: December 01, 2015, 09:25:24 PM »

Both shows are strong in large part because they have really interesting villains. JJ gets better with every episode.

I agree with Bootlace on this. thoroughly enjoyed both of these shows.

I'm all set to watch Agent Carter now. Scores 8.2 on IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3475734/?ref_=nv_sr_4

Ah! The element of surprise
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: December 01, 2015, 11:01:16 PM »

The Leftovers - is it going somewhere?  I'm two episodes in and am enjoying it but I can't be getting involved only for nothing to happen for four seasons. I need to know what's going on in the next couple of episodes

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3793 on: December 02, 2015, 06:09:49 PM »

The Leftovers - is it going somewhere?  I'm two episodes in and am enjoying it but I can't be getting involved only for nothing to happen for four seasons. I need to know what's going on in the next couple of episodes

It's the best show on TV right now. If you are looking for big answers about whether it was god or aliens, you'll be disappointed. It's a show about how people deal with a supernatural event, not the event itself.

Season 2 might be the best single series of a show I've ever seen.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: December 02, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »

It's the best show on TV right now. If you are looking for big answers about whether it was god or aliens, you'll be disappointed. It's a show about how people deal with a supernatural event, not the event itself.

Season 2 might be the best single series of a show I've ever seen.

Sold!

Will catch up with this, once I''ve caught up with the last few episodes of Blacklist.

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: