blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:05:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 691032 times)
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #4335 on: October 26, 2017, 04:27:38 PM »

Suburra : In the great tradition of Italian mafiosa series like Romanzo Criminale and Gomorrah.

Watch it in Italian if possible as the dubbing is terrible.

Really enjoying it and pretty harrowing stuff in places.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: October 26, 2017, 08:33:02 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/on-demand/0/mindhunter-episode-1-review-accomplished-drama-tv-right-now/

If you are interested in psychology/criminology then, boy, are you going to love Mindhunter.

Really liked the first hour, can't wait to watch it unfold.

Finished it off in a few days. Missing a wow factor perhaps but very enjoyable and thought provoking show.

Did anyone watch A Handmaid's Tale? Got to towards the end and trailed off, been quite a lot on at the moment so not picked it back up.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4337 on: October 26, 2017, 09:02:28 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/on-demand/0/mindhunter-episode-1-review-accomplished-drama-tv-right-now/

If you are interested in psychology/criminology then, boy, are you going to love Mindhunter.

Really liked the first hour, can't wait to watch it unfold.

Finished it off in a few days. Missing a wow factor perhaps but very enjoyable and thought provoking show.

Did anyone watch A Handmaid's Tale? Got to towards the end and trailed off, been quite a lot on at the moment so not picked it back up.

Snap

Enjoyed Mindhunter, no cliffhangers but easy watching, the dude who played the 6'7" serial killer was awesome.

Also stopped handmaids after about 5 episodes, only so much torture you can watch
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: November 01, 2017, 08:18:11 AM »

Netflix suspended production on “House of Cards” after a sexual harassment allegation against Kevin Spacey

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/business/media/house-of-cards-netflix-kevin-spacey.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: November 01, 2017, 11:06:07 AM »

Netflix suspended production on “House of Cards” after a sexual harassment allegation against Kevin Spacey

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/business/media/house-of-cards-netflix-kevin-spacey.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

So millions of peoples enjoyment has to suffer because of some historic unproven allegation... i think we need to start finding a sensible level of reaction to this sort of thing.. not condoning Spacey's actions but come on really ??

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: November 01, 2017, 11:30:38 AM »

Someone (now multiple people) have accused him of being a pedophile and not only has he not denied it, he's apologised for it. His career is over. Don't think it's an over reaction for Netflix to not want one of their flagship shows to be spearheaded by a nonce.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: November 01, 2017, 05:22:09 PM »

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.. seems his tried and convicted already

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: November 01, 2017, 05:35:29 PM »

He doesn't need to be convicted of anything for Netflix to cancel a TV show. Pretty sure they've already had talks with him which prob went down like-

Netflix- Kevin there's some pretty big allegations against you saying you tried to molest multiple children. We need you to come out with a statement saying you thoroughly deny and our legal team will get to work to quash these hideous rumours.

Kevin- Well I'm not saying I did molest them...... but you know what I'm like after a few drinks

Netflix- You can't work here anymore Kevin
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4343 on: November 02, 2017, 12:04:23 AM »

Taskmaster - What a terrific episode to finish the series.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: November 02, 2017, 03:22:16 AM »

Its been shit for a while anyway.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4345 on: November 02, 2017, 06:44:11 AM »

Taskmaster - What a terrific episode to finish the series.

Champion of champions coming over Christmas I believe.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: November 02, 2017, 01:14:57 PM »

He doesn't need to be convicted of anything for Netflix to cancel a TV show. Pretty sure they've already had talks with him which prob went down like-

Netflix- Kevin there's some pretty big allegations against you saying you tried to molest multiple children. We need you to come out with a statement saying you thoroughly deny and our legal team will get to work to quash these hideous rumours.

Kevin- Well I'm not saying I did molest them...... but you know what I'm like after a few drinks

Netflix- You can't work here anymore Kevin

That's fair enough to a degree.. i think the real point i'm making is more general in the fact that we seemed to have moved to a position as a society where we are viewing even slight indiscretions akin to rampaging vikings pillaging as they go.. of course there are plenty of wrong uns out there but we really need to find a level of common sense

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: November 03, 2017, 09:27:48 AM »

Kevin Spacey deserves to be scorned. But can I still watch House of Cards? | Hannah Jane Parkinson

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/02/kevin-spacey-deserves-scorned-watch-house-of-cards?CMP=twt_gu

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: November 05, 2017, 04:44:50 PM »

Just started on of HoC. Really enjoying it, and getting full value from my Netflix subscription. Feeling a little unclean since the revelations about KS, but I haven't found out much detail about what he's guilty of. Of course it's Neflix prerogative to end a series whenever they see fit, but I think they've knee-jerked on this one.

How many years ago was it? I'm pretty sure that 80%+ of the male population is guilty of doing or suggesting something sexually unsavoury over the course of a life punctuated by drunken evenings and boys/girls on tour weekends. If I recall correctly, I got some of my most surprising scores when pushing the boundaries of decency. A lot of guys I've spoken to didn't need any Dutch courage, either.

I honestly feel sympathy for people being outed for "marginal calls" they made under dubious circumstances more than 15 years ago. There but for the grace of ... go I & all that.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: November 05, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »

Just started on of HoC. Really enjoying it, and getting full value from my Netflix subscription. Feeling a little unclean since the revelations about KS, but I haven't found out much detail about what he's guilty of. Of course it's Neflix prerogative to end a series whenever they see fit, but I think they've knee-jerked on this one.

How many years ago was it? I'm pretty sure that 80%+ of the male population is guilty of doing or suggesting something sexually unsavoury over the course of a life punctuated by drunken evenings and boys/girls on tour weekends. If I recall correctly, I got some of my most surprising scores when pushing the boundaries of decency. A lot of guys I've spoken to didn't need any Dutch courage, either.

I honestly feel sympathy for people being outed for "marginal calls" they made under dubious circumstances more than 15 years ago. There but for the grace of ... go I & all that.

Yeah I have to admit I've done a few things that might be considered close to line in my time.

None of them were with 14 year olds though......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: