blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:52:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684445 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4110 on: November 18, 2016, 12:31:16 PM »

the grand tour episode 1, anyone?

big budget, specatcular set pieces.

"Yet it was clear from the very beginning of The Grand Tour that the Petrolhead Primadonnas had indeed retained the hard-to-the-define, instantly recognisable grumpy bloke charm that is their trademark. It was equally obvious just how foolish the BBC had been in attempting to replace this shaggy three-piece with Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc when it rebooted Top Gear over the summer."

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: November 18, 2016, 12:45:22 PM »

Westworld is great
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: November 18, 2016, 03:01:20 PM »

Westworld is great

+1
and Thandie Newton naked in most episodes really helps.

Ah! The element of surprise
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4113 on: November 18, 2016, 05:19:58 PM »

Westworld is great

+1

See I don't like that, and Thandie Newton is lovely, I think the show does a good job of making the naked robots seem vulnerable and uncomfortable. Soz if that ruins your stiffy.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: November 18, 2016, 05:21:36 PM »

Anyone been watching the latest American Horror Story?
Really stepped up theor game this season.
Kathy Bates still REALLY can't do accents, but other than that, solid show.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4115 on: November 18, 2016, 05:55:13 PM »

Westworld is great

+1

See I don't like that, and Thandie Newton is lovely, I think the show does a good job of making the naked robots seem vulnerable and uncomfortable. Soz if that ruins your stiffy.

So in love with this series.  Think its wonderfully shot, well paced and spoon feeds you just enough - the twists have been delightful.
I am with Dave think the vulnerability of the Hosts is excellent, they have built real empathy with the characters even though you know they are soulless.  The scene when Thandi walked the facility crushing her view of life was probably my favourite scene in TV since the hatch opened on lost.
Its proper grown up TV - oh and music director deserves an Emmy or something.  So subtle but brilliant.  The use of Fake plastic trees was sublime, much like Yul Brynners Cowboy being in the sub levels a couple of episodes back.
Nothing but love for Westworld.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: November 18, 2016, 06:51:54 PM »

Westworld is great

+1

It's a puppet

The nakedness does make them vulnerable and that's the whole point. Seeing Thandie Newton naked is a by-product that I can live with.

Lolz on the stiffy Smiley genuinely made me proper chuckle for he first time today.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: November 18, 2016, 08:23:34 PM »

Westworld is great

+1

So in love with this series.  Think its wonderfully shot, well paced and spoon feeds you just enough - the twists have been delightful.
I am with Dave think the vulnerability of the Hosts is excellent, they have built real empathy with the characters even though you know they are soulless.  The scene when Thandi walked the facility crushing her view of life was probably my favourite scene in TV since the hatch opened on lost.
Its proper grown up TV - oh and music director deserves an Emmy or something.  So subtle but brilliant.  The use of Fake plastic trees was sublime, much like Yul Brynners Cowboy being in the sub levels a couple of episodes back.
Nothing but love for Westworld.
Yah, thought Black hole sun was rather good too

sola virtus nobilitat
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: December 03, 2016, 05:39:23 PM »

Goliath starring Billy Bob Thornton as a washed up lawyer who is asked to take on a new case which will mean he goes to war against the company he previously helped establish and bares his name still. Filmed in Santa Monica, coincidently accross the road from the Loews Hotel and occasionally in inside it where I holidayed in the summer. On the 4th episode at the moment and really enjoying it

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: December 03, 2016, 06:57:54 PM »

Goliath starring Billy Bob Thornton as a washed up lawyer who is asked to take on a new case which will mean he goes to war against the company he previously helped establish and bares his name still. Filmed in Santa Monica, coincidently accross the road from the Loews Hotel and occasionally in inside it where I holidayed in the summer. On the 4th episode at the moment and really enjoying it

I'm enjoying this too.

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: December 05, 2016, 08:29:55 PM »

Roll on season 2 of west world
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: December 05, 2016, 09:03:12 PM »

Oh wow TWD is the most boring pointless programme in the world. Why on earth doesn't someone just put a cap in that clown and be done with it. I really don't find him remotely scary.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: December 08, 2016, 03:14:11 PM »

Oh wow TWD is the most boring pointless programme in the world. Why on earth doesn't someone just put a cap in that clown and be done with it. I really don't find him remotely scary.

Bit harsh overall but this season has been pathetic I agree!

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: December 10, 2016, 04:00:57 PM »

Bit harsh overall but this season has been pathetic I agree!

Yah, I guess to qualify further...TWD was kinda fascinating at first because I saw human beings moving from apex predator status to battling a force greater than us. How would we cope with such a situation, how would the resolve of people stand up to the test? Being the resilient bunch we are hopefully we would come together to uncover ingenious solutions highlighting the strength of human spirit. But NO! We are following what appears to be an aging biker dude with several sobbing wives swinging around a bat with a girl's name. It's like a soap opera. Why not just kill this insignificant man, why not just move on away from this insignificant man and get back to the real problem? It's akin to a series about man's global battle with cancer and choosing to focus on what I ate for dinner, totally irrelevant, totally pointless.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: December 11, 2016, 04:19:22 PM »

Roll on season 2 of west world

I only found out yesterday that there was a post-credits scene in the final episode; just in case anyone else didn't know Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: