blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:28:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684443 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4155 on: February 09, 2017, 10:04:01 AM »

Halt and Catch Fire is great, I loved it!

I'm on Sneaky Pete, that's quite good and I'm enjoying the story.  It's another on Amazon that's worth a watch.

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: February 09, 2017, 11:29:42 AM »

2 episodes into Quarry and it is excellent. About a soldier returning after Vietnam riddled with PTSD before it was properly diagnosed. Can't settle into civilian life, alienated from his wife and lacking any jobs or prospects. He is approached by a man calling himself 'The Broker' who offers him alternative employment.................
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: February 11, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »

I did say that I would never watch another superhero show but gave Legion a go after reading the reviews and loved every minute. Mr Robot meets Clockwork Orange trippy 60's kinda thing.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4158 on: February 11, 2017, 04:23:14 PM »

I did say that I would never watch another superhero show but gave Legion a go after reading the reviews and loved every minute. Mr Robot meets Clockwork Orange trippy 60's kinda thing.

Ah you fucker you beat me to it, really promising stuff with the first episode, could go off the rails but it's Noah Hawley who is the guy behind the Fargo TV series so I think we are in good hands.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: February 11, 2017, 07:33:26 PM »

2 episodes into Quarry and it is excellent. About a soldier returning after Vietnam riddled with PTSD before it was properly diagnosed. Can't settle into civilian life, alienated from his wife and lacking any jobs or prospects. He is approached by a man calling himself 'The Broker' who offers him alternative employment.................

Get involved in this. It is excellent and filling the hole Banshee has left in my TV viewing!
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4160 on: February 12, 2017, 06:58:14 PM »

Episode 9 of Fortitude actually made me vomit, truly harrowing stuff.
Ken Stotts dubious accent aside its quite good. Much faster paced then S1.
The backdrop is so spectacular some of the filming is amazing.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: February 12, 2017, 07:30:38 PM »

Agree with love for The Night Of, really enjoyed that. First episode was gripping and depth of characters was strong. Found the court scenes and ending a little flat. Really wanted a few "Did you order the code red?" style court moments but meh it didn't detract from the overall quality I guess. Oh and agree Sneaky Pete was good fun.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4162 on: February 13, 2017, 11:03:19 AM »

Episode 9 of Fortitude actually made me vomit, truly harrowing stuff.
Ken Stotts dubious accent aside its quite good. Much faster paced then S1.
The backdrop is so spectacular some of the filming is amazing.

Episode 9 !

Didn't realise that there were that many released, Another chunk of viewing to look forward to.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: February 13, 2017, 05:10:45 PM »

Agree with love for The Night Of, really enjoyed that. First episode was gripping and depth of characters was strong. Found the court scenes and ending a little flat. Really wanted a few "Did you order the code red?" style court moments but meh it didn't detract from the overall quality I guess. Oh and agree Sneaky Pete was good fun.

Did they ever explain how the guy was cheating at poker? I was quite disappointed with it overall. Some great acting but the plot wasn't so good. Would have been better off watching The Sting for the 28th time Smiley

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: February 17, 2017, 10:39:48 AM »

Anyone watched Taboo?  Has Tom Hardy who builds a shopping empire in the early 1800's.  Being Tom Hardy I suspect there's more too it than shopping.  Good reviews on IMDB, will be starting soon.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: February 17, 2017, 10:51:19 AM »

Anyone watched Taboo?  Has Tom Hardy who builds a shopping empire in the early 1800's.  Being Tom Hardy I suspect there's more too it than shopping.  Good reviews on IMDB, will be starting soon.

Been on 4/5 episodes now.

Slow at times and then springs into some quality viewing. Enjoying it.

Doesn't feel like an 18th Century Mr Selfridge though.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4166 on: February 17, 2017, 01:39:14 PM »

Yeah , pretty good viewing Graham ,although Mr Hardy ,as is his want,mumbles or speaks unclearly on occasion ,necessitating a rewind and the addition of subtitles.

Could just be my hearing though, old age innit.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: February 17, 2017, 01:58:06 PM »

Cheers chaps, looks like it'll be added to the watch list.

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: February 17, 2017, 02:24:56 PM »

New series of 24 and there was a mole in CTU within the first 15mins.

Was hoping the show would feel a bit fresh but it looks like being more of the same. Will give it a few episodes as it is still going to be pacey and watchable.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: February 17, 2017, 06:53:07 PM »

Did they ever explain how the guy was cheating at poker? I was quite disappointed with it overall. Some great acting but the plot wasn't so good. Would have been better off watching The Sting for the 28th time Smiley

That fella was a tech billionaire so not sure why he was cheating at poker at all? or even playing poker. He was so slick at poker he could cheat the experts but still said I raise when he put in a bet. Yea loads of holes but still found it fun and the opening credits were funky.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: