blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:20:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  ICM for fuddy duddies.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ICM for fuddy duddies.  (Read 37059 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 09:46:54 AM »

RED, it decides to list them in a funny order at the bottom to confuse you

To the right of the panel at the bottom {in the curly brackets} you'll see which equity figure corresponds with which hand. The 96s is 40% and the AKo is 60%.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 09:55:09 AM »

To the right of the panel at the bottom {in the curly brackets} you'll see which equity figure corresponds with which hand. The 96s is 40% and the AKo is 60%.

They seem to be in the correct order at the bottom, and the wrong order at the top though.

Am I making a fool of myself here? (I don't mind if I am, I'm used to it)

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 10:47:13 AM »

Wonderful thread tank

We need to see more of this type of stuff on here.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 12:32:52 PM »

Think you might need to upgrade as mine has the figures the right way round next to the hands.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 12:46:52 PM »

Think you might need to upgrade as mine has the figures the right way round next to the hands.

tank's has done the same if you look at his ss on page 1. very odd that they've both got the same thing as it's definitely wrong, I've never seen stove do that in years of using it

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Longy

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 01:21:48 PM »

I will say this at the moment, for all I rave about Wiz, I don't recommend anyone actually buys the thing. It's easy to use, very pretty and 30 day free trials are nice things, but $100 is too pricey for something that essentially just does the job of an ICM calculator. (That I believe can be picked up for free)
I do not rate most of the bells and whistles it comes with to justify the pricetag. More on that when we continue...

Meh I would disagree with this I think it is well worth the $100 and you be hard pressed to find better value for money for improving your poker game. Just having it for a month on free trial will no doubt massively help your game. I still use it just about every day, constantly reinforcing what I know as well as adjusting my ranges in certain spots.

Other than that, this is best attempt I have seen at explaining ICM in laymans terms. It is a very hard subject to explain.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 01:40:57 PM »

Nice job.  Wiz is a must have.  However much you can get by with freeware alternatives, $100 is going to be such a piffling expense at the end of a SNG year that it isn't worth trying to evade.

It is a hard subject to deal with from first principles, the only other example I would offer is the old chestnut of 'doubling up first hand doesn't double your tourny equity - so don't go out of your way to flip' and possibly leading into tracing the benefactors of that lost tourny equity.

People moan about SNGs getting much harder, but I still routinely see A4 - v - 66 getting it all in first orbit.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 02:22:25 PM »

Exceptional stuff Tanky - most selfless of you.

Thank you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 03:38:03 PM »

Right.

Say I play a few SNG's, and there are four or five hands that I'm wondering if I could have played better, How do I find those hand-histories and get them into Wiz for analysis?

Longy

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 03:45:46 PM »

The easiset thing to do for individual hands is get them from the instant hand history on stars and copy them to a notepad document.

Then cut and paste them into sngwiz, on the main page there is a paste hand history icon and then that hand will appear with stack size in the standard sngwiz format.

I normailly just go through whole tournament and that is done different by the open a tournament folder and searching for that tourney on your hard drive.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 03:49:40 PM »

The easiset thing to do for individual hands is get them from the instant hand history on stars and copy them to a notepad document.

Then cut and paste them into sngwiz, on the main page there is a paste hand history icon and then that hand will appear with stack size in the standard sngwiz format.

I normailly just go through whole tournament and that is done different by the open a tournament folder and searching for that tourney on your hard drive.

How do you know which tourney is which?

Longy

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 04:14:48 PM »

My tournament histories get divided up by date in my hard drive as they are stored in Holdem manager archive. So I just go to that file and import all my tournaments for that day and work through them.

If I want to find a specific tourney I will just the tourney id no and locate it. When I have imported all that day tourneys.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 04:32:29 PM »

My tournament histories get divided up by date in my hard drive as they are stored in Holdem manager archive. So I just go to that file and import all my tournaments for that day and work through them.

If I want to find a specific tourney I will just the tourney id no and locate it. When I have imported all that day tourneys.

Yes. Just managed to suss that.

Some of the hands have a "x" prefix (The ones where I did it wrong) Some have a tick, and some have neither. Why neither?

Also, say I pushed and it tells me I should have folded, does it tell me why?

Longy

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 04:44:09 PM »

The ones with no symbol, usually means you had more than 10bbs in your stack. So therefore going all in and folding aren't you are only options.

If you look at those hands it will have a warning that there are better options available but it will still do the mathematical analysis for you.

Yes the maths is all there on the screen it will give you 3 figures eqP% (equity of pushing %) eqf%( equity fold %) and the diff% (which is the difference) between the 2.

The diff % is the big one if it is positive going all in is the correct play and if it is negative folding is the best play.

Tank no doubt will explain this better in due course.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 04:50:03 PM »

in SNGWiz Tools>Options>General>Handfilter>Show qualified games    and that will tidy up the "neither"

On Stars, Lobby>Options>Instant HH Options   will show you where your HHs are being stored (assuming you have ticked the 'save my HHs check box)

On FTP, it is Lobby>Options>HHs

You can then inform Wiz to go and scrape those HH folders for you.  Or if you aren't playing many games, as Longy says you can copy the text HH real-time onto notepad (if you have a tough decision in-game for example and want to review it) and load it directly into Wiz.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: