blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:39:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177596 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: February 06, 2011, 12:29:42 PM »

big hugs to you dawn.  I'm glad, in a way, to see you writing about this stuff now, as it suggests that you've got to a point where you can reflect and compartmentalise it all properly. I know how difficult you found dealing with stuff sometimes in the thick of it, and few people would have realised what you were going through behind the happy-go-lucky exterior.  You keep enjoying your trips away, god knows you deserve a bit of a fun xxx

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 06, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »

What Claw said really.  So glad you are finaly moving forward. Now go get more ...me time...Xxxxxx
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:04:06 PM by The_nun » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 09, 2011, 11:13:13 AM »

I'm off to Paris this week-end.  Should be interesting.  I honestly don't know what to think about this trip.  How odd is that?  My belly has been flip flopping all over the place since yesterday too.  I've friends who would be delighted to take my place, so why am I flip flopping about it?  Geez louise. 

Ah well.  I was given links to the hotel and venues we'll be heading for so I've a fair idea how the packing is going to go.  Mark it in yer calendars kids...Imma dress like a girl for a change.  Even bringing a dress!  And yes...I will in fact wear it once I'm over there. 

A dress.  Not put one of those on in YEARS!  Blimey.  I'm normally a jeans, hoody, baseball cap and trainers kinda girl.  Maybe that's why the belly is flip flopping all over the shop.  Maybe.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 09, 2011, 11:34:10 AM »

Apparently I'm going to have a fair bit of 'me' time for the first couple of days.  There's one of those awards thingys happening that ye all love so much and Mick is on the judging panel.  They've got a meeting or two to get through and he suggested I go shopping during that time.  Shopping?     Sure will.  I've obviously not had the 'shopping' chat with him yet.  Hope for his sake he brings his ear plugs.  No doubt I'll find something to do, but shopping won't be it.

Sunday night is the awards 'do'.  Never been to one of those.  Not to do with poker anyway.    I've seen the list of nominees.  Will be interesting to see how many of them turn up.  Can't imagine the place will be too packed.  That said, they're holding it in some nite club of sorts I think.  So either way, should be fun.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 09, 2011, 11:41:16 AM »

I've known Mick for a few years now.  Can't even tell you for sure how we first met.  I've no clue.  So with that, I reckon it must have been when I was working reg. desk at one of the Irish festivals.  I just know we could talk for Ireland!  We've sat for hours just chatting about this and that with no effort at all.  That said, we've also been know to just sit and watch the world go by without saying a word...and it's never uncomfortable. 

Suppose that's why I said yes when he phoned.  I've turned down a few Paris trips in the past.  Been once and that was enough.  But if you're with the right person/people - it doesn't matter where in the world you are.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 09, 2011, 11:51:52 AM »

I'm currently flipping a coin as to which tourney I'll play while I'm there.  Monday is the 10k High Roller's Event.  No fear of playing that one obv, but they've a Ladies Event scheduled along side it.  To keep the lil women busy while their partners gamble it up big time, don't ya know.  To be honest, just the idea of it tilts me.  There's talks of a Thai meal on Monday night anyway, so I'll more than likely play the Omaha on Tuesday instead.  

Wednesday Mick is playing the Senior's event and I'm flying home.  Taking the lappy with me, so if there's time I'll make the odd post while I'm there.  At the very least I'll keep a running list of notes offline.  My brain is like a sieve when there's so much to soak in at once.  A proper after the fact trip report would never happen without the notes.  Man, I'm getting old.  But at least I'm not old enough to play the Senior's event...yet.  

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1131 on: February 09, 2011, 12:22:44 PM »

You should play the one that requires the least skill and the most luck.

Wink

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 09, 2011, 12:24:09 PM »

Wink

Hush you and book Killarney.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1133 on: February 09, 2011, 12:40:33 PM »

Wink

so the ladies event then.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 09, 2011, 12:44:23 PM »

Wink

I'd rather poker me eyes out, play a £2 tourney on Sky then find a bridge...in that order.  Might stop at the dentist for a root canal on me way to the bridge.  Just for good measure.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1135 on: February 09, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »

Wink

I'd rather poker me eyes out, play a £2 tourney on Sky then find a bridge...in that order.  Might stop at the dentist for a root canal on me way to the bridge.  Just for good measure.
Go on, put on the dress, slap on the make up and play with the other girlies

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 09, 2011, 01:21:32 PM »

Wink

A dress.  Can you friggin believe it?!  Sigh.  A dress. 

Meh...it'll be grand.  Proberly.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1137 on: February 09, 2011, 01:51:33 PM »

Wink

Pics or it didn't happen Smiley

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 09, 2011, 01:57:04 PM »

Wink

Pics or it didn't happen Smiley

obv.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 09, 2011, 02:01:22 PM »

Totally unrelated, but has anyone ever heard of a band called One eskimO?  Got a hop when I saw them on the telly just now.  Lead singer looks a bit like our Greek fish here on blonde.  Except the lead singer guy doesn't wear glasses...and sings a bit.  Prolly just the nose made me think of it.  Ah well...you lot decide.  Has Greeky been holding out on us?

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: