blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:55:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177792 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: August 04, 2010, 09:20:17 PM »

Good shout, but it has to be this one for me - 'Bad'

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 04, 2010, 09:22:51 PM »

Joshua Tree is a great album,I like U2 it's just a shame that Bono is such a twat.
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: August 04, 2010, 09:24:30 PM »

Joshua Tree is a great album,I liked U2 it's just a shame that Bono is such a twat.

FYP

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 04, 2010, 10:56:31 PM »

Aye...he got too big for his boots.  When they started coming out with the techno crap, I kind of lost interest in them anyway.  Pity because they WERE really good. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 04, 2010, 11:19:22 PM »

Sinéad and I proper rocked down the house with Lily and Cassie half way through the day's cleaning to this one

They're into all the top 40 rubbish, but they humour me with some good stuff now and then.  It's really great fun cleaning in our house if truth be told.  Especially when everyone's in just the right mood.  And the music usually makes the mood. 

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 04, 2010, 11:54:15 PM »

On my phone so can't see the you tube links properly so may have some doubles here. Same as you dawn - not keen on the techno stuff but love their music otherwise. My faves probably sunday bloody sunday, new years day, with or without you

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 05, 2010, 12:16:29 AM »

With or Without You another good one actually. 

So 2 votes for New Year's Day so far and it takes the lead of this whopping poll.

A trout fresh from the river just landed in the door to me.  Have pre and post gutting shots done and will post up once I've the cooking shot in the morning.  That's brekkie sorted.

Cassie going mental trying to figure out what the new smell is as I type.  She'll more than likely plonk herself right at my feet when I go to cook it too.  That's her favourite spot when I'm in the kitchen.  Bang smack in front of the cooker.  Not half in the way.  But we've a system worked out.  She throws down where she likes and I work around her. 

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 05, 2010, 01:06:21 PM »

With or Without You get's my vote as my favourite of their's - although I'd give an honourable mention to their version of Unchained Melody

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 06, 2010, 08:44:07 AM »

Note to self - Today is NOT Saturday.  Despite all attempts to convince the brain otherwise, today is in fact FRIDAY. 

Geez louise.  The bank holiday confusion continues......

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 06, 2010, 10:11:21 AM »

What is it with airport security and me?  It's like someone has phoned ahead each time for a laugh and warned them I'm on the way.  No matter what I do to make life easy, they always seem to find a loop hole to mess the whole lot up.

A while back my jewellery was an issue.  Took AGES to get the lot off before going through the metal detector.  It didn't take long to cop on though.  Now I never wear any - in hopes it will speed my trip through security.  But alas...they always find something to give out about.

The next trip I had to travel ready for the Friday night out.  Cute top, wee skirt and knee high boots.  Kept the jewellery in my bag to make life easy.  That's when they asked me to take off my boots.  Didn't half take gymnastic manoeuvres to get them off in a public area without some part or other flashing, but I managed it with as much dignity as possible.  Meanwhile a guy next to me said, "I bet you won't wear that outfit again when travelling."  You can sing that Sir.

Last time it was my bra.  Under wire can be a big issue for metal detectors if they're set to a sensitive level...and theirs was.  Sigh.  I had to endure a five minute frisk search by a very large woman who I can only imagine goes by the name of Bertha.  Despite my telling her “It's just the scaffolding called my bra.”  No sense of humour at all by Bertha.  She was having none of it.  We really should have exchanged phone numbers as we knew each other quite well by the time her search was over, FFS.

So this trip I kept clothes simple.  No jewellery, belt or heels.  No coins or sharp objects to worry about.  All liquids 100 ml or less and in a clear zip lock bag.  What could possibly go wrong?  Apparently the see through zip lock bag I've successfully used for every other trip with the past few years is considered illegal.  In fact it's been illegal for the past 5 years as it's too big.  Of course it is...because I was the one using it and they've run out of other reasons to have a go at me. 

And this was before I even got through the metal detector.  That sure was fun.  Just glad I'm not a moody person or I'd be gone postal by now.

moonandback

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 06, 2010, 10:25:54 AM »

U2 songs

top five in no particular order

red hill mining town
where the streets have no name
angel of harlem
sunday bloody sunday
bullet the blue sky

how are they all more than 20 years old!

its better that i have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 06, 2010, 10:38:12 AM »

Ooooooh!  Angel of Harlem is deffo on my top 5 list.  Great song!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 06, 2010, 04:35:38 PM »

For the record - I've had a much deserved VERY good day.   Smiley  Roll on the rest of the week-end.  Will post a wee trip report when I return home.  Until then, I just want to say to some very special people - thank you and hugs!  xx

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 06, 2010, 05:06:05 PM »

U2 songs

top five in no particular order

red hill mining town
where the streets have no name
angel of harlem
sunday bloody sunday
bullet the blue sky

how are they all more than 20 years old!

Great song, and not as well known as a lot of the others imo.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 06, 2010, 05:11:02 PM »

how has nobody mentioned "One"

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: