blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:01:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177780 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: August 28, 2010, 12:14:10 AM »

Cheers Kev, Boldie, Red and Nellie and good luck in Blackpool Kev!  

Well folks...the eagle has landed.  Ger the Duke collected me at the airport.  Early days yet, but I reckon it could get a bit messy.  

On the plus side, I survived airport security without the usual frisk search.  Granted, it probably had something to do with the HUGE crowd of Italian students in the line behind me.  They were due to take off 10 minutes ago.  But as they made up most of the flight - it was delayed...waiting for them.  

Through security without hassle, I made my way to the airport bar.  As ya do.  Ordered me pint and sat down with the lappy to catch up on the latest around the forums.  That's when I knocked across this wee gem

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=6461.15

I forgot where I was for a brief moment.  And left out a louder than usual fit of laughing.  Sat by meself in an airport bar in hysterics.  Might have survived airport security, but the men in the white coats were on their way.  Cheers Tighty.  

We're off to give this whole poker racket a go at a local place they call the fish tank.  They're nudging me to get a move.  Be back later to report how we got on.  Unusually, I'm not optimistic.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 12:15:51 AM by Laxie » Logged

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 28, 2010, 12:18:36 AM »

Turns out the fishtank isn't that bad after all.  I won.  Beat Ger Jr. heads up.  lol

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 29, 2010, 10:50:54 AM »

At DTD

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #618 on: August 31, 2010, 08:20:34 AM »

At DTD

Eyes like a deer caught in the headlights of a 16 tonner.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 01, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »

The Duke strikes again.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #620 on: September 02, 2010, 07:50:31 AM »

lol....but he's not wrong.,

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 04, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »

Back home safe and sound after yet another lovely week-end at DTD last week-end.  Will spare ye the details as most were there anyway.  It was a long one.  Most of it surprisingly enjoyable too.  The Omaha didn't go so well.  Lasted a goodly bit, but not long enough to cash.  Sigh. 

Landed back home on Wednesday.  Good thing there were no flights  available Tuesday or I would have been struggling.  Spent the earlier part of Tuesday curled up under a blanket on the Duke's sofa.  Shogun then took myself and wee man (Duke Jr.) to lunch followed by a driving tour of New Brighton and Liverpool.  I was pretty quiet during the trip.  Shogun's ears thanked me. 

Wednesday the Duke carried me to the airport where I faced the usual re-rah of airport security.  Wasn't too bad.  She only did a quick frisk this time followed by an extra scan of me flip flops.  Don't usually have trouble on the UK side.  Cork must have warned them.   

Aer Lingus is great.  They leave on time and they're nice to their customers from check in to landing.  Speaking of landings.  Unlike RyanAir, you don't feel like you're on a kamikaze mission with Aer Lingus.  Nice and easy without the fear of crashing.  And no applause from the passengers because it's not needed.  You just know you're going to be ok.  Those same passengers screech as loud as the plane's tyres with RyanAir during landing.  Followed by a round of applause...for not being killed.  WTF?! 

They've got really comfy seats as far as discount travel goes too.  Just as well.  I was getting a two-fer of delays for my travelling day.  Having survived security, The Emirates double decker made it's first landing in Manchester earlier that day.  How could that possibly cause trouble for me when it's already safely landed?  Well ground staff we're now trying to work out how they'd get it turned round for it's departure.  Obviously it was parked in the way of our own departure path. 

Got a better than I cared for view of the Emirate from my wee comfy Aer Lingus seat.  To be fair...it was HUGE!!  No wonder they weren't sure what to do with it.  I'm not usually bothered by planes as such.  Once they get me safely from A to B, my interest generally ends there.  Found myself wondering what the inside set up of that plane looks like though.  Suppose I would.  I'd been staring at the outside of it for long enough.

Huge thanks to everyone!!!  Without a certain three or four the trip wasn't even possible.  So many to list, I don't want to offend by leaving anyone out.  But ye all know who ya are.  I owe ye one.  xx

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 04, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »

Soooooo much more to post, but I've already been delayed enough elsewhere and really need to get moving.  It's amazing how time flies by when the mind is distracted. 

Notes to self -

DTD Side notes  Taxis & the Tequila debate
Sinéad the lil darlin'
Dog grooming
College
Birth Cert

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 04, 2010, 05:21:09 PM »

One last thing before I go.  Mind got distracted again, see?  lol  This was borrowed/posted ages ago.  But I just stumbled on it again and decided to amend to suit this thread and latest carry on in the house. 

Dear Lily and Cassie,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a queen sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, or try to turn the knob to get the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years -- canine attendance is not required.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

That is all. 

Have a good day everyone!

trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 05, 2010, 01:29:20 PM »

lol loved this version of living with our furry friends.

I have two cats, Michelle bought them as kittens, brother and sister and when she moved from a house to a flat she could not take them so they have lived with me since.

The girl cat is named Panzer after the German tank as she uses her head to butt her way to open doors, it can be quite scary sometimes if you are sitting in a quiet room playing poker and the door suddenly bursts open.

The boy cat is named Tyson after the boxer, unfortunately he does not live up to his name, he is the scaredest cat I have ever known. You know he is in trouble from another cat as he comes through the cat flap like a torpedo and disappears somewhere in the house in one of his hideyholes. He is scared of everything, we only need to take the lid off a fly spray or room spray and he is off like a rocket!

Both cats follow me everywhere and I am always tripping over them. If I am away overnight my husband says they seem to pine for me and they even know the sound of my car engine as he says they rush to the front door as if they know when I am coming in.

Even when I go to bed at night Panzer has to sleep on her special pillow behind my head and purrs like crazy and Tyson has to curl up by my feet. I cannot read in bed for long as I have Panzer purring and pushing her head against any magazine or book I am trying to read and I cannot move my feat as Tyson thinks there is something interesting to play with, so I have to keep my feet perfectly still. When I get up both cats race down the stairs before me and if I don't come down immediately, they are both back upstairs to see what I am doing.

It is fun living with furry animals but I do wish I could have some time to myself, so I quite understand your living arrangements Laxie.

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 05, 2010, 04:00:38 PM »

You sure you've cats and not dogs Nellie?  lol  Cats can be tricky little darlins.  They either love their owner completely or are just spite calling for the food.  Rocky only ever let Sarah and I show him proper affection.  And Lily too before Cassie turned up.  On rare occasions Sinéad would be 'permitted' to give a quick rub, but that was it.  Nobody else got near him. 

I was always told growing up, despite what people think - cats choose you.  You don't choose them.  And it takes a very special person to be completely loved by a cat.  xx

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 05, 2010, 04:23:56 PM »

he proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

lol

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 05, 2010, 11:03:39 PM »

Saturday at DTD was a 'take it handy day' drinks wise as I was playing the Omaha and wanted to keep the head.  When Chantelle or one of the other valets would call to me the order was always the same.  Bloody Mary, cappuccino and a pint glass of water.  And I wouldn't allow myself order anything more until all 3 were gone from the previous round.  Odd combo, I know...but there ya have it.  Round and round it went.  Head kept clear and the bladder tested to the limits.

Kept mostly quiet for the day too.  Hard to believe, I know.  But I've proof.  Met Rob Yong out the smoking area that night and he had to do a double take. 

"You just get here?"

"No man...I'm here since half one."

"Not possible.  I would've heard you."

"I promised you in Killarney I'd be good the next trip over."

"I'm shocked!"

"Sigh."

The Tequila Debate brought to you by none other than The Duke kind of put a twist on things later though.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 06, 2010, 12:28:16 AM »

The Duke doesn't like fruit in his drinks.  When it's your round and he asks for a Corona, don't EVER bring one back to him with lime or lemon in it.  You'll hear all sorts, but 'thank you' won't be part of the tirade. 

He and Wee man had been at a wedding all day Saturday.  It was a 'dry' wedding for Duke because he had to make the 2 hour drive to Nottingham in the evening.  Bad beat.  They landed at DTD all suited up in their wedding gear complete with a lovely flower on the lapel.  What a sight!  Photos were taken by some few so I can track one down if ye need proof. 

After an entire day spent off the drink, obviously is was a race to the bar when they arrived.  I was still playing the Omaha.  My liver is thanking me to this day for lasting so long in that comp.  When I finally landed over to the Lads, they were in the middle of a Tequila debate. 

Salt, Tequila, lemon.  That's the way it's done.  End of.  But not if you're in the company of the Duke.  Hater of all things fruity when mixed with drink...and possibly otherwise too.  We tried it the traditional way.

"That's just so wrong.  Let's try it the other way round.  Might kill the taste of the lemon."

Lemon, Tequila and salt.  'Yuck' in my opinion.  His too.  But that's because the lemon was still involved.

The next one was minus the extras.  Something missing.  Sigh. 

Pretty sure the one after was done just for anti-fruit argument's sake.  Salt, Tequila no lemon.  Except I cheated on that one and got the lemon in at the end.  He caught me.  And with that, I was cut off for not playing the game properly.  Thank god for that!

Not entirely sure which combo won out in the end.  All I will say is this - do NOT produce a lemon with shots of Tequila when in his company.  You've been warned.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #629 on: September 06, 2010, 12:59:29 PM »

So I take it Apple cider is considered to be evil as well then?

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: