blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:36:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179031 times)
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 10:14:46 PM »

hats off to you laxie.

All the best with this, im sure she'l be happy with you.

RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 11:02:04 PM »

Keep an eye on her with the cat!!

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 11:30:42 PM »

Not worried at all about Lily and Cassie.  Rumour has it Cassie's grown to be a bit of a lazy bones and that will suit Lily even better as she's getting old.  In fact, Lily is the last of her family still alive.  She still loves to run and play now and then, so they'll have great fun together in the fields/beaches near us.  But they'll also have plenty of laying about time if that's what they want.

Rocky (the cat) is a whole other ball game.  He's a moody little fecker, but he and Lily have an understanding.  Rocky is the only cat Lily allows in the yard.  She even lets Rocky sleep on her back now and then.  I reckon Rocky's only moody because Lily's allowed in the house and he's not.  Rocky will probably lose the plot at first when he looks in the window to see TWO dogs sitting by the fire.  Don't know what to expect from Cassie, but hopefully they'll get used to each other and can eventually share the same space outside.  That said, we've a 6' tall picket fence in the back yard.  Rocky can get through it at speed.  The dogs can't get through it at all.  lol 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 12:13:05 PM »

leg one of cassies journey done, i handed her over to the guys taking her across to ireland this morning and they set off with cassie at 2.30pm to liverpool to catch the 9pm ferry.

was strange taking cassie back to her old kennel, was the first time i have been there since rodney died. as we got closer cassie got restless and excited and when we pulled outside she was shaking like a leaf. i wasnt sure if she was shaking through excitement or was scared.

i gave her a big kiss, chatted some shit to her and gave her a big hug. walking to the kennels her tail was out so that was a good sign.
they placed her in a holding pen whilst i sorted some paperwork then i stroked her through the bars and left.

i hope she forgives me and realises why i done what i had to do this morning, and if i didnt live in a flat there isnt a chance i would have ever let her go.

but once she settles at laxies she will be very happy i know that. we have done what is best for cassie, we have great memories of her on and off the track and she deserves the best in life.

look after my bestest little girl laxie xx

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 10:29:19 AM »

Just got the call.  After a tense week-end of waiting while delivery guys got their act together, Cassie should be here within the hour.  Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Will report back once she's landed and we've had a wee bit of time to settle in.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 10:44:34 AM »

photos with her new friends please dawn

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 11:06:04 AM »

I will of course!  Just ran around the house tidying up a bit.  Bowl of her fav food and water at the ready in the kitchen and had a wee chat with Lily.  So we're all set. 

Only catch now?  Ling was telling me she used to sing show tunes to Cassie when she was nervous.  What will I sing?  Keep in mind, I can't sing to save me life, but will give it a go...quietly.   

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 11:11:39 AM »

I will of course!  Just ran around the house tidying up a bit.  Bowl of her fav food and water at the ready in the kitchen and had a wee chat with Lily.  So we're all set. 

Only catch now?  Ling was telling me she used to sing show tunes to Cassie when she was nervous.  What will I sing?  Keep in mind, I can't sing to save me life, but will give it a go...quietly.   

Irish Rover ldo.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 11:55:48 AM »

Could not agree more, let's hope they get on..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 11:59:06 AM »

Have picked the song!!!

RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 01:30:40 PM »

Could not agree more, let's hope they get on..

Greyhounds love cats... but they struggle with a whole one in one sitting!

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »

She's here!!!!

Cassie checking the place out.

Click to see full-size image.

Didn't take her long to find the food and water.  Maybe 60 seconds...lol

Lily had been put upstairs for a few minutes to give Cassie a chance on her own, but that didn't last long.

Who are you?!

WFT?!

Sigh.  Ok then.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 02:10:37 PM »

Then I took her out for a walk around the neighbourhood to let her stretch her legs.  No pictures of that as I had her on the lead and was on me own.

When we got back, I took the two girls (Lily & Cassie) out to introduce Cassie to Rocky - the cat.  That sure went well.  lol  Rocky isn't impressed, but he'll get over it.  Cassie took no notice at first, but she gained interest big time once she had the yard checked out.  We'll have to keep an eye on them for a bit at the start.

You ARE kidding, right?!

Cassie isn't bothered....yet.  lol

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2010, 02:14:03 PM »

she looks quite well, am glad the journey hasnt taken to much out of her .

tail out is a good sign shes happy, so am i x

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2010, 02:15:59 PM »

i really like the 3rd photo look at the smile on his little face GL Laxie
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: