blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:27:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177956 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2010, 04:13:54 PM »

No Chocolate.

Dogs can't deal with chocolate, it's like poison to them. I kid you not, it's true. (Scout's honour).

So avoid chocolate and cooked bones and you'll be fine.

PS- Send surplus choc to me.

PPS- Don't go mad and give them something like a leftover takeaway, which contains about 2lb of salt. Only humans are daft enough to eat those.

The older I get, the better I was.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2010, 04:46:56 PM »

Onions and garlic are also poisonous to dogs but only in large doses.

Ronnie has all my scraps and he's fine.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2010, 05:21:33 PM »

Knew about chocolate, ye cleared the air on bone types and we next to never do take away so we're safe on those counts. 

Onion and garlic were news to me.  Lily has spent many a year eating the leftovers of my home made Italian dishes so it's a miracle she's even alive in that case!

Thought I was taking a photo before our walk, but turns out the phone was set to video.  Uploading as we speak.  Makes a change from still pics for ya. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »

The house needs sweeping nearly every day.  It's like Grand Central Station here at times.  Seriously.  We've always had an open door policy.  If someone actually knocks at the door they obviously don't know us very well.  Lots of kids from the neighbourhood coming and going.  All sorts of other guests.  Madhouse, but I love it. 

Anyway, as I was tidying up around the place yesterday doing a bit of a spring clean, the dogs were under me feet every step of the way.  I'll be honest.  At one point they were doing me head in because I was afraid I'd accidentally trip over one of them.  Anyway, while playing the poker last night, I had an idea.  Wouldn't it be cool if there was some sort of doggy attachments you could strap to their feet so they can be sweeping/washing floors as they follow you around?  Would cut my housework load in half!  Not a realistic idea, I know.  But it kept me entertained for a bit. 

We're off to the field for a bit of fresh air now.  Pics when I get back.

In the meantime -- Table scraps.  Are they good or bad for dogs?  Not the type of stuff with bones obviously, just general bits and bobs left over from the dinner.  Discuss.

Great idea, if you think of one for stopping my cat tearing up the carpet to get out the door as well please, I don't want a cat flap in my living room door.

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »

Will give a think about it for ya Nellie, but I must warn you - Ger the Duke thought the doggy idea was daft.  Can't wait to hear what he thinks of the cat idea when it comes to me. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2010, 06:00:08 PM »

Now then.  Earlier I thought I was taking yet another still shot.  I'd asked SinĂ©ad to change my phone from photo to video for me the other day but assumed she'd gone out and forgotten.  My bad.  Her good.

Lily and Cassie had a great wee tumble around the house today.  Jumping around and playing, happy out.  Eventually Cassie wanted a break from it and threw down, but Lily was hoping for more play time.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2010, 06:03:16 PM »

That was just a quickie, I know.  But I really thought I was just taking a photo. 

Took the pair of them for a walk through the field an hour ago and this is some of what went on.

First we have the lower field where Cassie does most of her full on running to stretch the legs.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2010, 06:07:29 PM »

It's turned into a bit of a routine for us.  Big runs around the main field followed by a good sniff around the forestry field.  It's got to the point where they lead the way to the forestry for a break from the running.  lol  As I was walking to the field today my daughter Sarah and a couple of her friends joined us.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2010, 06:18:04 PM »

PS  Apologies for the constant chatter and giggling, but that's me.  Can't be helped.   

The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2010, 06:19:27 PM »

Will give a think about it for ya Nellie, but I must warn you - Ger the Duke thought the doggy idea was daft.  Can't wait to hear what he thinks of the cat idea when it comes to me. 

Don't start me on cats -- it will be ugly

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2010, 06:21:43 PM »

PS  Apologies for the constant chatter and giggling, but that's me. 

it is?

Not how I remember you.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2010, 06:47:20 PM »

The house needs sweeping nearly every day.  It's like Grand Central Station here at times.  Seriously.  We've always had an open door policy.  If someone actually knocks at the door they obviously don't know us very well.  Lots of kids from the neighbourhood coming and going.  All sorts of other guests.  Madhouse, but I love it. 

Anyway, as I was tidying up around the place yesterday doing a bit of a spring clean, the dogs were under me feet every step of the way.  I'll be honest.  At one point they were doing me head in because I was afraid I'd accidentally trip over one of them.  Anyway, while playing the poker last night, I had an idea.  Wouldn't it be cool if there was some sort of doggy attachments you could strap to their feet so they can be sweeping/washing floors as they follow you around?  Would cut my housework load in half!  Not a realistic idea, I know.  But it kept me entertained for a bit. 

We're off to the field for a bit of fresh air now.  Pics when I get back.

In the meantime -- Table scraps.  Are they good or bad for dogs?  Not the type of stuff with bones obviously, just general bits and bobs left over from the dinner.  Discuss.

Great idea, if you think of one for stopping my cat tearing up the carpet to get out the door as well please, I don't want a cat flap in my living room door.

We had similar probs with one of our dogs a few years back Nellie.

You can get a clear plastic carpet protector, basically a clear plastic mat that can be tacked to the said area.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2010, 06:52:35 PM »

Great vids Laxie,

so glad that Cassie has settled in and looks to be loving it.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2010, 06:58:19 PM »

Great vids Laxie,

so glad that Cassie has settled in and looks to be loving it.

Geo

Cheers Geo.  Must practice keeping me mouth shut (good luck with that) and sort out the settings on the phone for a brighter picture if possible.  Waiting for bright sunny days in Ireland would mean ye next to never see them.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2010, 10:08:39 PM »

NEED

OXYGEN

FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good God Cassie's farts stink!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: