blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:02:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Two monkeys- Luton £550 deepstack, Notting UKIPT £560.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two monkeys- Luton £550 deepstack, Notting UKIPT £560.  (Read 5097 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 12:56:20 AM »

winning mtt players>losing cash game players imo

norrrr, Alex is all that's left between me and the co-op job application form

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 09:58:18 AM »

dont listen to james bond m8. we are in fine form atm. he's just annoyed he's too old to grind anymore, young man's game and all that.

Click to see full-size image.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:02:31 AM by AlexMartin » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 10:00:55 AM »

dont listen to james bond m8. we are in fine form atm. he's just annoyed he's too old to grind anymore, young man's game and all that.

James Dempsey likes this

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 10:07:48 AM »

suuprlim, check with clam, he wants to split that 20 with u. assume no but if u want to sort it out w him thats fine. about to jump on train.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 04:46:36 PM »

suuprlim, check with clam, he wants to split that 20 with u. assume no but if u want to sort it out w him thats fine. about to jump on train.

im giving him 5% because im ridic soft and I should be charging him 1.4 but im not also lol

gogogogogogogogogogogogogogo

Demps just bitter cos he didnt get to "rest" this thread.

and sick yr, nice nice

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 04:48:38 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

correction, sick month Smiley

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 12:50:59 PM »

well, you're rubbish :p

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 06:33:53 PM »

ill give a report. mainly because it will be pretty short. So rollup on thurs and playing day 1b, glad i pre-regged as loads of sellout talk going on. I was infact offered £750 for the seat by an Irish gent. thoughts on that? So i get drawn on the same table as James Brownings wife, who thinks im a bit of a lunatic as i previoulsy played with her in small stuff in luton, i recognise no other players. Someone informs me that this long-haired scottish fella is some total nosebleeds degen (DeanoSupremo i think). Anyhow its pretty apparent early on this guy is here for the fun, he opens everything, everywhere. every hand. I win 1 or 2 small pots, then i open 78s co, James brownings wife (nice lady btw) defends bb. J43, she c/c, turn K, c/c, river 5, i make some kind of overbet, get called by AJ, image established.

Then i 3b AK v deano ip, i cbet Q46hh and he jams 20k into 1500. If i played this hand 1 hour later id snap his arm off, didnt seem like a great place to call off 300 bigs.

I then get a kinda marginalish, tough hand. Some oldish mid 40's guy 3bets me from the BB when i open JJ utg. 1st 3bet he's made. So i open 325@ 50/100, he 3bets to 1150, both operating 14kish. I peel. He checks Q53cc, i checkback. turn Two Clubs, he bets 1/2 pot. I call, river 7. He bets 3 into 6k. I call because he's kinda given me a pass and i think he can vbet worse (99/TT) and he shows 88. So up to 26kish. I open 2 more hands and watch the entire table peel one off and the second time i get 3b by the nutter, who is in ridic gamble mode. I start the next key hand by limping utg with J9cc (1st time iv limped in about 3/4 years), purely because the pots were going 5+ multiway when i normal open and when i open 4X+, the scot just pounds me- i dont want to start 4b jamming ridic thin spots in this field to be fair). 6-way limped flop drops down J99ss. all check to nutjob who bets pretty big, i cr from 1125 to 2900. He calls, turn 8, i go 4200 on the turn. On the river i findout (due to seating i cant see far end of his stack that had 2 blue 5k chips in, i find this out on the river). On end im torn between jam and bet smallish v this guy (was planning jam but that was when i was betting just under pot, this is now gonna be just over pot) and the 7 is a pretty interesting card. I bet smallish and he folds (was hoping for some mad jam with no FE- he was not taking this seriously). So im kinda up and running. I lose a few small pots and start the next key hand with about 28k at 100/200. Utg who seems kinda solid/youngish opens to 575 from a 20k stack. I flat 33 otb (was hoping a fishy sb would come along). Flop 358r. He views me as kinda aggro, i i triple barreled him small earlier (he folded river) and he noticed my overbet bluff v James's wife. He bets, i call fastish. turn Q (completes a rainbow). He bets small again, 1300 into 2.5kish. Stacks are going to be really difficult on the river i decide, given he will likely bet 1/2 pot again (which will be action of 2.5k into 5k- then i need to get another 15k in...) so im kinda forced to raise, i raise to 4.4 to make a river jam 12 into 12 or so. He takes 2 and calls. the river is an ace, which makes the hand interesting. I dont know if this guy will have the heart now to make a marginal calldown with KK or JJ, which leaves his calling range slightly better than my hand i think. I decide that im definitely overcomplicating this in a 500 with this field quality, jam and get called by QQ. Might post that on pha.

Very next hand im now on about 7.5k, some blackbelt guy 3X's the gun, i look at QQ and obv look steamed, jam for 7.5 and get called by AK. Bit of a sigh, but thanks a lot for the piece super/trigg. I dont think il be missing any of these if im in the country again, they seem pretty ridiculous value. It was definitely worth the trip though. I went back on the sunday to rail gavin "pizzled" from luton, his missus holdy was there. At one point they took the players to go and take some photos. Gaving was taking a while getting into the right positions and stuff, holdy leans over to me and says "come on gav ffs, there are less retakes in our home movies." priceless!

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 07:17:52 PM »

Love the phrase 'operating 14k'.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 07:23:51 PM »

cool report, ul sir

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 08:51:53 PM »

cool report, ul sir

Thought it was too easy to read personally. I want that special feeling of being in the top 10% who understood half of what Alex wrote, when I read a Martin tourney report.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 09:56:53 PM »

Someone informs me that this long-haired scottish fella is some total nosebleeds degen (DeanoSupremo i think). Anyhow its pretty apparent early on this guy is here for the fun, he opens everything, everywhere. every hand.

haha, I know Dean really well, and you perception of him as a lunatic/degen is pretty much spot on

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 01:25:50 AM »

playing 1a cozzy, see you there i guess?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 07:47:04 AM »

Yeh probs m8. Happy to bank xfer too if u want

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: