blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:03:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £300 Deepstack APRIL - INTERACTIVE
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 Deepstack APRIL - INTERACTIVE  (Read 100245 times)
jim5432

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: April 05, 2010, 12:32:15 PM »

Terrific result Glenn...well played. Was nice to meet you and pity I couldnt have hung around to share a table with you to the end!!! From the time I did manage to play at your table your cash was thoroughly deserved...unreadable and different class mate!

Don't forget to come and down to Big Slick's sometime.....share some of that wealth around in the Croydon area lol! Maybe see you at one of our special events soon...

Paul

Paul Romain aka The ROCK !!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 05, 2010, 01:20:47 PM »

Thanks Paul, good to met you too - was fun.

You know we were talking about Cos Paperstitssestis and we both agreed he was not only objectionable but crap at the poker.

He finished 23rd in the Irish open yesterday for £14K, must've improved a bit :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: April 05, 2010, 02:13:04 PM »

24k for winners and he gets 22k on deal are the others real  4th price 6 k and they all get 10k they need to check their brains i d say winner having a laugh i bet
i

Not sure I understand why some people are so critical of the deal for the other three.

The prize structure was:

1   -   £24,684
2   -   £14,431
3   -   £8,658
4   -   £6,076

Peter has got 2/3 of the chips in play, and has been running over the table with his aggression using his massive chip lead.

Next one out wins £6,000.  The other three know that it could be one of them, and it could well come down to a coin flip if they get a big hand.

They've played for two days solid, they're tired, and for two of the players this the biggest cash they've made already.  These two qualified via satellites costing them £30 and €30.  It's unlikely they are going to be on the final table of a £300 tourney anytime soon.

Of course, they'd all love to win the £24K.  But the three short stacks have about 10 BBs, and so the only way they're going to accummulate chips is to risk their whole stacks. So, they want to risk missing the oppotunity of taking £10K, and effectively flipping for a chance to move into 3rd and secure £8K and the possibility of winning £14k and then £24K? If they take this 'flip' the downside if the lose is that they go away with only £6K.

As for how much the chip leader got in the deal, how much would you have asked him to take from a deal if you were a short-stack?  Ask yourself if you think the chip leader would take anything less than he did?  Maybe he would have been happy taking £20K and leaving some in still to play for?  But I can't see him taking anything less.  I also think the deal was based on DTd's deal calculator which works out the 'value' of the player's chips.

If this deal is so bad for the other three, can someone offer an alternative?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 05, 2010, 02:53:16 PM »

24k for winners and he gets 22k on deal are the others real  4th price 6 k and they all get 10k they need to check their brains i d say winner having a laugh i bet
i

Not sure I understand why some people are so critical of the deal for the other three.

The prize structure was:

1   -   £24,684
2   -   £14,431
3   -   £8,658
4   -   £6,076

Peter has got 2/3 of the chips in play, and has been running over the table with his aggression using his massive chip lead.

Next one out wins £6,000.  The other three know that it could be one of them, and it could well come down to a coin flip if they get a big hand.

They've played for two days solid, they're tired, and for two of the players this the biggest cash they've made already.  These two qualified via satellites costing them £30 and €30.  It's unlikely they are going to be on the final table of a £300 tourney anytime soon.

Of course, they'd all love to win the £24K.  But the three short stacks have about 10 BBs, and so the only way they're going to accummulate chips is to risk their whole stacks. So, they want to risk missing the oppotunity of taking £10K, and effectively flipping for a chance to move into 3rd and secure £8K and the possibility of winning £14k and then £24K? If they take this 'flip' the downside if the lose is that they go away with only £6K.

As for how much the chip leader got in the deal, how much would you have asked him to take from a deal if you were a short-stack?  Ask yourself if you think the chip leader would take anything less than he did?  Maybe he would have been happy taking £20K and leaving some in still to play for?  But I can't see him taking anything less.  I also think the deal was based on DTd's deal calculator which works out the 'value' of the player's chips.

deal is bad for the shorties kin

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 05, 2010, 02:58:03 PM »

i

The prize structure was:

1   -   £24,684
2   -   £14,431
3   -   £8,658
4   -   £6,076

deal is bad for the shorties kin

Meh. Wouldn't have taken it myself but can understand why they all did.

It's basically a 4k flip between 4th and 2nd but with the chance to go on to an extra 10k.

If the extra 4k is a lot of money to you and I'm sure for some it's potentially life changing (new car, house deposit etc..) then the deal is ok.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 05, 2010, 02:59:50 PM »

I think the whole good deal/bad deal thing is incredibly abstract if you're not part of the deal. To argue one way or the other is a bit like arguing about some kind of religious orthodoxy.

If all the shorties are entirely happy with the deal how can it be termed a bad deal from onlookers ? Makes no sense

It's like saying the guy/girl who binked the slightly less fit guy/girl got a bum deal. At my age you take what you can get :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 05, 2010, 03:00:37 PM »

Assuming the amounts dealt at were the true chip count calculations by the club (i.e. the curve wasn't smoothed out further):

To give the winner £22k from a possible £24 is pricing the event up that he is expected to win (if no deals were done) just about every time.

Most people realise that the chip count method favours the chip leader (and to the detriment of the short stack mostly).  But deal making is part of poker imo, and if everyone was happy with what they got (or couldn't cope with the alternative of playing on) then no harm was done.  As to exact amounts that should be further taken off the top to compensate the short stacks fairly for their lost opportunity to take 1st outright ~ It is impossible to say.  Many variables can go into making that decision, most of which are only calculable by those still in the tournament.

ChristieEllis

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 05, 2010, 03:26:52 PM »

Peter must be close to having half the chips in play.
update on christie please

She has another glass of milk, so she's fine.

more milk   lol no wonder her

"earphones" are so big       Wink

gl that lady wp

I think that the deal was good as I have read some comments that it wasnt. The blinds were getting to big and that between us three short stacks it would have been a 'all in' or fold.. then soon enough one of us would have only left with £6k... im happy with my £10k Cheesy to say the least!!!

Thank to everybody at DTD e.. Loving the dealing from Ryan, Charlottle and Adrian !!!! THANKS GUYS XX

p.s ... Anyone for a round of milk? haha

Regards,
Christie
kcidem.kcus
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 05, 2010, 03:35:58 PM »

I think the deal was excellent for my mate Pete/Wigsy.

If i was one of the shortstacks i would definately be doing that deal too! £10,000 is more than i could ever dream of!

ChristieEllis

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 05, 2010, 03:55:23 PM »

I am still happy... Loved my First Time at DTD and will defo be going again Smiley

Regards,
Christie
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 05, 2010, 03:59:39 PM »

This deal is awesome for the winner. Don't care how well he was playing. He is giving up only 2k 4 handed when the stacks could easily even out.

Not knocking anyone for doing a deal (would be a little hypocritical of me!!!!) but I would not have given the chip daddy this deal

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 05, 2010, 04:02:26 PM »

I am still happy... Loved my First Time at DTD and will defo be going again Smiley

excellent result..VWP &  to blonde

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 05, 2010, 04:02:58 PM »

excellent result..VWP &  to blonde

This. Welcome along to blonde!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: April 05, 2010, 06:47:37 PM »

No one's suggested a deal yet that would be suitable for the short-stacks and would be acceptable to the chip-leader.

I'd be interested to here some suggestions.  Deal making at the final table isn't my forte, i'd have to reach a final table first Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 05, 2010, 07:06:23 PM »

But it is futile, there's no point in me saying "she should have got £12k" or whatever, because if the CL said "no, £10k take it or leave it " we know what the answer would be, because it is what the answer was!

If you are going to turn down £10k and be happy to play on, then you can easily bargain a better deal for yourself.  You just have to be prepared to be called upon to play on to do it.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: