blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:39:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £300 Deepstack APRIL - INTERACTIVE
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 Deepstack APRIL - INTERACTIVE  (Read 99656 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: April 05, 2010, 07:36:23 PM »

By the same token that you deal and take £10k, the worst case scenario means you will go home with £6k (a loss of £4k on the would-be-deal) or best case scenario, you go on to win for £24k (+£14k on the deal).

Only one of the three shorties (and a very very small percentage of the time the big stack) are going home with a fair amount less than the agreed deal amounts.

If the blinds are high and there's not much in it, seems a good spot to keep getting the chips in and shoot for the moon.

If I'm chippie I'm snapping this deal but for the shorties I think the deal is a scared one. Just seems a bad spot to deal.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 05, 2010, 07:50:52 PM »

By the same token that you deal and take £10k, the worst case scenario means you will go home with £6k (a loss of £4k on the would-be-deal) or best case scenario, you go on to win for £24k (+£14k on the deal).

Only one of the three shorties (and a very very small percentage of the time the big stack) are going home with a fair amount less than the agreed deal amounts.

If the blinds are high and there's not much in it, seems a good spot to keep getting the chips in and shoot for the moon.

If I'm chippie I'm snapping this deal but for the shorties I think the deal is a scared one. Just seems a bad spot to deal.

Just depends how much that 4k means to you though.

As I've already said it could be a new car or maybe a boost on to the property ladder.

I know there's been times in my past when I'd have given up the chance of 24k to lock up an extra 4k. It's a lot of money and I think it's a bit ignorant of us guys who, and I mean this in the kindest possible way, are a bunch of spin up merchants.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 05, 2010, 08:18:55 PM »

Just depends how much that 4k means to you though.

As I've already said it could be a new car or maybe a boost on to the property ladder.

I know there's been times in my past when I'd have given up the chance of 24k to lock up an extra 4k. It's a lot of money and I think it's a bit ignorant of us guys who, and I mean this in the kindest possible way, are a bunch of spin up merchants.

For once and not just because of the white top (which i cant stand on anyone else), this is a top post. I can see where Cos is coming from, plus would love to be in leaders boots, but to some of us, 10k is a monster secured amount.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: April 05, 2010, 11:10:19 PM »

I see what you're saying Cos and there's definitely merit to your opinion.

What I still can't see is why it's SO wrong for the short-stacks to do this deal?

As the the three short stacks are essentially flipping to ladder, it's likely that 2 of the 3 will leave with less than the 10/11K if they play it out.  With 10BBs, I don't any had any edge on the others, so what you're essentially saying is that they should be having a gamble with the extra 6K for the chance of possibly being lucky enough to get into the 14K or 24K position?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 06, 2010, 03:01:06 AM »

At the end of the day it's upto the people doing the deal to take what is best for them! Not everybody is a gambler and is willing to go away with £6k trying to go for the win when they can lock up £10k for a nice weekends payday! To some £10k is life changing money!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
jim5432

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 06, 2010, 10:25:07 AM »

You know we were talking about Cos Paperstitssestis and we both agreed he was not only objectionable but crap at the poker.

He finished 23rd in the Irish open yesterday for £14K, must've improved a bit :-)

haha....excellent dropping of me in the "gossiping behind peoples backs" sh*ttage lol!....and I notice he is ignoring the barb lol.

I wonder if he will remember why he came up in conversation lol

and wp to Cos of course joking apart....that is indeed an excellent weekends work

I appear to be surrounded by people winning far too much money at the moment whilst I am preparing to explain to my bank why my overdraft limit appears to have been breached :-)

Paul Romain aka The ROCK !!
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 06, 2010, 05:29:26 PM »

sigh drove back down for day 2 and ruined it by playing 3 consecutive hands like a complete numpty, think i was still on tilt from the ferrari that kept cutting me up on the M1 on the way down.

You live and learn.

Wp all those that cashed - was pretty shocked to see Berridge go out just after me in placings, WTF he had loads of chips
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: April 06, 2010, 05:32:35 PM »

sigh drove back down for day 2 and ruined it by playing 3 consecutive hands like a complete numpty, think i was still on tilt from the ferrari that kept cutting me up on the M1 on the way down.

You live and learn.

Wp all those that cashed - was pretty shocked to see Berridge go out just after me in placings, WTF he had loads of chips

Two big hands almost consecutively and he was gone.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 06, 2010, 05:50:33 PM »

I think the point is Kin that the chipleader got way too much in the deal.

The shorties deals arent horrendous imo but the chip leader has bagged about 4k? that again imo is due to the deal not his chips or chances to win.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 06, 2010, 05:52:01 PM »

You know we were talking about Cos Paperstitssestis and we both agreed he was not only objectionable but crap at the poker.

He finished 23rd in the Irish open yesterday for £14K, must've improved a bit :-)

haha....excellent dropping of me in the "gossiping behind peoples backs" sh*ttage lol!....and I notice he is ignoring the barb lol.

I wonder if he will remember why he came up in conversation lol

and wp to Cos of course joking apart....that is indeed an excellent weekends work

I appear to be surrounded by people winning far too much money at the moment whilst I am preparing to explain to my bank why my overdraft limit appears to have been breached :-)

I really don't mind to some extent what people say about me, behind my back or not really. I give stick sometimes on here so obviously I open myself up to abuse. No worries.

Just realised you play at Big Slick though. Do I know you?

Congrats again to Nirvana for the result.

@GreekStein on twitter.

jim5432

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 06, 2010, 05:57:18 PM »

.....we had a little disagreement about doing a bubble prize on the final table a few weeks back when you came to Slick's ....you don't do deals apparently....and then you promptly knocked me out on the bubble lol!

Glenn asked me if I knew you....can't remember why....and I laughed and told him the story of the only time I had met you! I also said that I am inclined to get a bit stroppy and had given you a bit of a hard time and that there was no hard feelings.

and again wp in Ireland

Paul

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 06, 2010, 06:03:32 PM »

.....we had a little disagreement about doing a bubble prize on the final table a few weeks back when you came to Slick's ....you don't do deals apparently....and then you promptly knocked me out on the bubble lol!

Glenn asked me if I knew you....can't remember why....and I laughed and told him the story of the only time I had met you! I also said that I am inclined to get a bit stroppy and had given you a bit of a hard time and that there was no hard feelings.

and again wp in Ireland

Paul

Ahhhh, I'm sorry about that! I wasn't anyone's most popular person that day!!!

I never like to even discuss deals unless 3-handed, sometimes 4 depending on the tournament situation and opponents. When I said I wouldn't have done a saver, even if I was the shortest stack, I was telling the truth.

Fk me everyone hated me on that day. lol.

Come introduce yourself next time I'm at the club, I'll buy you a drink

Cos

@GreekStein on twitter.

jim5432

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 06, 2010, 06:15:48 PM »

and again wp in Ireland

Paul

Ahhhh, I'm sorry about that! I wasn't anyone's most popular person that day!!!

I never like to even discuss deals unless 3-handed, sometimes 4 depending on the tournament situation and opponents. When I said I wouldn't have done a saver, even if I was the shortest stack, I was telling the truth.

Fk me everyone hated me on that day. lol.

Come introduce yourself next time I'm at the club, I'll buy you a drink

Cos

Thats a deal mate! whens the next "Greek Night" ?? Oh and give Glenn a prod and get him down there....I was trying to talk him into it at DTD at the weekend when I could catch a glimpse of him behind wall of chips lol!

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: April 06, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »

The shorties deals arent horrendous imo but the chip leader has bagged about 4k? that again imo is due to the deal not his chips or chances to win.

Give an alternative deal then.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 06, 2010, 06:20:46 PM »

Give an alternative deal then.

Can you give me chips and prizes? I dont want to have to look for them.
I will then present what I believe an impartial fair deal would have been.
If you would like to do it properly though you will have to rate their skills also, or we can leave this out and say they were all equally good.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: