blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:43:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Christmas in Limerick
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas in Limerick  (Read 3221 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 10:53:42 AM »

Ooooh!!!!

I'm sooo glad I didn't say that.

The older I get, the better I was.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »

Ooooh!!!!

I'm sooo glad I didn't say that.

That Cork is a GREAT place to live?..I would hang my head in shame as well if I'd said anything like that. Smiley

As Homer said..I shall never get my come-uppance!...No come-uppance, you hear?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 10:57:24 AM »

LMAO....fair enough, but leave it to you to pick up on 'that' side of things in Cork.  I was referring more to this:

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/eventguide/

LOADS of things to do with the family although I'm sure you'll pick that page apart as well.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 11:04:25 AM »

LMAO....fair enough, but leave it to you to pick up on 'that' side of things in Cork.  I was referring more to this:

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/eventguide/

LOADS of things to do with the family although I'm sure you'll pick that page apart as well.   

hey, there were just some links I clicked on...random..honestly Smiley

"The Quiet Club "christmas Presence" "

"The Quiet Club ( Mick O'Shea & Danny Mc Carthy with guests Harry Moore,and John Godfrey and Christian Carley) return
again this year with another Christmas Concert. Following on the success of the much talked about "I Am Dreaming Of A Quiet Christmas" event of last year they return on the 19TH Dec to the Glucksman Gallery for a lunchtime concert/event entitled " A Christmas Presence". It is scheduled to commence at 12.30 and will be structured to allow the audience to come and go at will. As a special thank you to all their loyal supporters over the year admission will be free to this event.
Also due to many requests there will be a special limited edition CD of their Art Trail concert available at the Glucksman. Their first CD will be releases on the Aphasia Label (aphasiarecordings.com) early in the new year. Mick and Danny appear individually on the just released "The Sound We Are Now" (soundwearenow.org).
Formed in Feb.06 they have met with considerable success and have become recognised as one of Ireland's leading sound art improvisation groups and have gathered a large following both at home and abroad. They have toured extensively in Ireland and have appeared in festivals in both Germany and Japan. Most recently at DEAF (Dublin Electronic Arts Festival) Employing a wide range of sound making devices ranging from stones , home made instruments, electronics, amplified textures, oscilloscopes , thermins, field recordings etc.. they continue to push the boundaries of sound making and listening."

Wow Laxie...a Quiet Christmas? No wonder you're going to look for some excitement in stab-city. Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 11:16:20 AM »

Timothy was gone to a pub poker tourney when the call came in.  Waited up for him to let him know we'd be spending the night in Limerick.  Better to tell him when he's had a few drinks and is feeling brave, than to wait til the sobering light of day.  Gentle reminder this morning that he's already 'agreed' to it.  Poor guy...

Girls will be girls   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 12:09:56 PM »

"One-on-one Hurling session with Donal Óg Cusack".

Can he puke better than anyone else? Does anyone actually need lessons in throwing up?

All sounds rather in-bred to me Wink

This from the guy whose national sport is crossing canals using a big pole.....

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 12:18:11 PM »

"One-on-one Hurling session with Donal Óg Cusack".

Can he puke better than anyone else? Does anyone actually need lessons in throwing up?

All sounds rather in-bred to me Wink

This from the guy whose national sport is crossing canals using a big pole.....

Nah mate..our national sport is football...but you wouldn't understand anything about that being played at a decent level Wink

Actually this "fierljeppen" as it is called is almost a national past time in the summer in the North of the Netherlands. .it's how farmers used to go from field to field jumping the canals..it's now mainly used as a "sport" and for the easter egg hunt in the northern provinces. As well as used when people go looking for the first "Kievits" (no idea what the bird is called in English) egg in Friesland.

Generally good fun..but you have to be carefull  not to fall into the water as most of those shitty little canals have tonnes of blue "mud" at the bottom and you smell for a week Smiley

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 09:16:38 AM »

You put your right foot in,
You put your right foot out,
You put your right foot in
And you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey Pokey
And you turn yourself around,
That's what it's all about.

You put your left foot in,
You put your left foot out,
You put your left foot in,
You do the Hokey Pokey
That's what it's all about.

You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in
You do the Hokey Pokey
That's what it's all about

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 09:18:37 AM »

To be fair, he picked the right thread to promote golf clubs.  They'd deffo come in handy late at night in Limerick.   

moonandback

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 03:14:16 PM »

my girlfriend had two great nights out in limerick one was a hen night the other was her friends 30th birthday she said the locals were lovely and they saw no trouble whatsoever fwiw.

its better that i have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 03:51:25 PM »

In my day Mods would have dealt with the sneaky golf salesman a lot quicker..... 

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 06:15:01 PM »

In my day Mods would have dealt with the sneaky golf salesman a lot quicker..... 

Now a second sneaky golf salesman posting in the same thread. I am confused!

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 07:43:48 PM »

Golf clubs make handy car smashers in Limerick, LDO.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: