blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:34:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Did I get Roland DeWolfed??
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did I get Roland DeWolfed??  (Read 2522 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 01:26:50 AM »

L
obv the guy did nuthin wrong here....do u reckon i did in this hand (apart from a questionable flop call!)

I was playing a £1500 comp in Luton a couple of years back, on the final table bubble and I'm one of the shorter stacks. Lalit, who I'd never played with before but I'd been sat with for hours and found to be a real gent (even if his play is a bit flairy at times) makes up the sb and I ck 23 sooted in the big.

The flop is A4x with one of my suit, Lalit min bets and I call with my str8 draw and backdoor fd....turn and river are blanks and both go ck ck, I give it up as I think he likes a call and I'm pretty short and am already thinking that I probs shouldn't have called on the flop.

After I ck behind the river I start to say something to the effect of 'well, you're gonna struggle to beat this monster,' but he grabs my hand as I try to trun them over and says 'I don't want to see them, you win my friend, you win,' and before I can finish what I'm saying his cards are in the muck.

The Grosvenor rules that day were that u didn't have to show to claim the pot as we'd had that ruling earlier, so I took the chips and went on to get a decent finish but I felt super guilty...am I a vad man?

LOL, sounds like you had the same hand or similar. Or maybe Lalit wanted to keep you in the comp so he could press on the bubble? Either way, all seems a bit srange by him.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 01:32:54 AM »

obv the guy did nuthin wrong here....do u reckon i did in this hand (apart from a questionable flop call!)

I was playing a £1500 comp in Luton a couple of years back, on the final table bubble and I'm one of the shorter stacks. Lalit, who I'd never played with before but I'd been sat with for hours and found to be a real gent (even if his play is a bit flairy at times) makes up the sb and I ck 23 sooted in the big.

The flop is A4x with one of my suit, Lalit min bets and I call with my str8 draw and backdoor fd....turn and river are blanks and both go ck ck, I give it up as I think he likes a call and I'm pretty short and am already thinking that I probs shouldn't have called on the flop.

After I ck behind the river I start to say something to the effect of 'well, you're gonna struggle to beat this monster,' but he grabs my hand as I try to trun them over and says 'I don't want to see them, you win my friend, you win,' and before I can finish what I'm saying his cards are in the muck.

The Grosvenor rules that day were that u didn't have to show to claim the pot as we'd had that ruling earlier, so I took the chips and went on to get a decent finish but I felt super guilty...am I a vad man?

your sins are forgiven young one.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: