blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:19:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Come on England
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Come on England  (Read 48346 times)
igneous sock
still trying to crack Rubiks cube.........
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 24, 2010, 01:43:04 PM »

If Robert Green hadn't dropped that ball in the first game, then everyone would be talking about how nobody can break us down adn we have the best defence in the world. To say we looked shaky on the ball is ridic, we looked really comfortable with some really good one touch football. onwards and upwards.

wat!

wasn`t the same game I watched then.

Where`s that thread?

Seriously strong stitching
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 24, 2010, 01:43:55 PM »

If Robert Green hadn't dropped that ball in the first game, then everyone would be talking about how nobody can break us down adn we have the best defence in the world. To say we looked shaky on the ball is ridic, we looked really comfortable with some really good one touch football. onwards and upwards.

Some of the football we played was up there with the best I've seen in the tournament and that's not me being biased.Gerrard was pinging 50yard passes everywhere and Milner was a constant danger.

+1 mond

gerrard and milner were class! Summet not right with Rooney but if he starts firing then the germans will have problems!!

Terrys commitment is 2nd to none and wish the while team played like him!! I thought upson did well. Lampard and barry wernt cracking and need to
find the form that they show for their clubs!!

Ashley cole has been the best England player by far this tourney!! Johnson is ok but a little clumsy in tackles! And everytime anybody has a shot on goal I can't help but cringe!

Let's hope they show the spirit like they did at the end of last game and let's hope to put one over on the krauts again!!

Apart from the supposed "hero" tackle, why do you think Upson played well? And why were you so happy about Gareth Barry?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 24, 2010, 01:50:50 PM »

Just read this....

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/world-cup/armchair-pundit/article/946/

Sad

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 24, 2010, 01:50:58 PM »

Some of the football we played was up there with the best I've seen in the tournament and that's not me being biased.Gerrard was pinging 50yard passes everywhere and Milner was a constant danger.

+1 mond

gerrard and milner were class! Summet not right with Rooney but if he starts firing then the germans will have problems!!

Terrys commitment is 2nd to none and wish the while team played like him!! I thought upson did well. Lampard and barry wernt cracking and need to
find the form that they show for their clubs!!

Ashley cole has been the best England player by far this tourney!! Johnson is ok but a little clumsy in tackles! And everytime anybody has a shot on goal I can't help but cringe!

Let's hope they show the spirit like they did at the end of last game and let's hope to put one over on the krauts again!!

Apart from the supposed "hero" tackle, why do you think Upson played well? And why were you so happy about Gareth Barry?

never said I was happy about Barry! Said he wasn't cracking!! ie not his best performance and needs to play more like he did/does for villa/man city!

I meant to say upson did 'ok'. Don't really think he did anything majorly wrong!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 24, 2010, 02:22:55 PM »

What I can't understand is why Fabio doesn't play Joe Cole on the left and put Gerrard back in the middle replacing Gareth Barry. Gerrard is a complete waste on the left, one of the most talented central mid-fielders in the world. Never seen him looking so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet he was always losing valuable seconds bringing the ball onto his right foot. We seem to have only one wing at the mo and that is the right hand side. A good coach like the German's will spot this immediately and punish us unless we can make a change before the match. I also don't think Barry is upto scratch in terms of international football, he looks like he lacks confidence on the ball and is constantly looking for the long ball/hoofing it in a panicky manner.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 24, 2010, 04:18:57 PM »

Emile Heskey smashed volley after volley into the net yesterday. Turns out he's shit at tennis as well.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 24, 2010, 05:33:33 PM »

What I can't understand is why Fabio doesn't play Joe Cole on the left and put Gerrard back in the middle replacing Gareth Barry. Gerrard is a complete waste on the left, one of the most talented central mid-fielders in the world. Never seen him looking so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet he was always losing valuable seconds bringing the ball onto his right foot. We seem to have only one wing at the mo and that is the right hand side. A good coach like the German's will spot this immediately and punish us unless we can make a change before the match. I also don't think Barry is upto scratch in terms of international football, he looks like he lacks confidence on the ball and is constantly looking for the long ball/hoofing it in a panicky manner.

If we're going to be playing teams like Argentina we need a player to be able to sit infront of the back four. Gerrard did well on the left yesterday, he worked really well with Ashley Cole and we got lots of attacks down the left so I think to say we only had one wing was pretty harsh. Lampard also looked alot better yesterday as he knew Barry was behind him and he could bomb on. You say Barry kept hoofing the ball up, but I think it was the opposite, he was trying little flicks and tricks far too often yesterday and I think the "Englands Saviour" tag that the press Capello has given him has really went to his head. A couple of times he was sloppy and against better opposition we would of been punished imo. Gerrard is also good on the left because he can cut in and put in some really good crosses. Finally Rooney likes to cut in from the left and pull left meaning Gerrard can move into the middle.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 25, 2010, 02:46:57 AM »

If we're going to be playing teams like Argentina we need a player to be able to sit infront of the back four. Gerrard did well on the left yesterday, he worked really well with Ashley Cole and we got lots of attacks down the left so I think to say we only had one wing was pretty harsh. Lampard also looked alot better yesterday as he knew Barry was behind him and he could bomb on. You say Barry kept hoofing the ball up, but I think it was the opposite, he was trying little flicks and tricks far too often yesterday and I think the "Englands Saviour" tag that the press Capello has given him has really went to his head. A couple of times he was sloppy and against better opposition we would of been punished imo. Gerrard is also good on the left because he can cut in and put in some really good crosses. Finally Rooney likes to cut in from the left and pull left meaning Gerrard can move into the middle.

The only part I agree with is Gerrard helps Ashley Cole get forward more who for me is playing very well at the moment, his divorce from Cheryl has probably helped him and motivates him more for football again. By the time Gerrard cuts inside and gets it on his right, the chance is usually gone you need someone who can cross with their left foot. As for Barry he gave the ball away so many times in stupid spots or just whacked it up field I really don't think hes good enough at all.
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 25, 2010, 03:05:38 AM »

INGURLANDD!!!

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: June 25, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »

Gerrard did OK on the left, but that's because he's one of the best footballers in the world.

It's not where you get the most from him.  He can play right back and do a job there, but again it's not using him to his full potential.

I didn't understand why Capello brought Joe Cole on he stuck him in the hole behind Rooney, when he could have put Gerrard there and let Cole do his left-sided thing that he's done for England on many occasions.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 25, 2010, 09:04:58 AM »

Cole looked really unfit when he came on. He was blowing after 10mins. Unless Milner is going to play on the left and Lennon find some form and play on the right then i'm afraid Gerrard has to stay out there.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 25, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/headtohead/team1=ger/team2=eng/index.html

surprised me to see that we're winning all time head to head vs germany

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Potless

Tilting At Windmills

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 25, 2010, 12:34:17 PM »

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/headtohead/team1=ger/team2=eng/index.html

surprised me to see that we're winning all time head to head vs germany

Of the teams remaining only Brazil and Uruguay have better h2h records with England and they should both be in the other half of the draw after today's games. Final anyone?

I Thought I Was Winning!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: June 25, 2010, 12:42:50 PM »

Cole looked really unfit when he came on. He was blowing after 10mins. Unless Milner is going to play on the left and Lennon find some form and play on the right then i'm afraid Gerrard has to stay out there.

Oh, I expect him to be played out there.  I just don't think it's the best use of his brilliant talent.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 25, 2010, 01:02:15 PM »

1st time I've seen this Carlsberg advert but I am loving it already - all heart!! Gets me in the mood for Football!! INGURLANNNDDDDD!!!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: