blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:32:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 505653 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2010, 07:29:39 PM »

there is no agenda.  Like i say i have followed this closely for a number of months with a view to offering a partnership arrangement whereby the investors and i could mutually benefit from the fund being invested in my betfair account so the investors wouldnt lose 3% of every win out of the total bank by using my 2% account rather than 5% account the fund is currently using.  To put this into context if the fund had 200 winning trades a year of £3k lets asssume next season.   (losing trades dont count for commission because u dont pay any) that would be total gross winnings of £600k.   Less than 5% commission currently charged would give £570k after commission.  do this on a 2% account and the net returns after commission would be £588k.  £18k straight off the bottom line over a season given straight to bf purely because you are on 5% rather than 2% doing nothing different at all regarding staking.  The only loser doing this is betfair losing £18k of commisson from the investment fund.

Finally a good post that's illuminating but want to make sure I get this straight - 5% of x is more than 2% of x ?

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2010, 08:18:35 PM »

i dont understand your post
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2010, 10:39:34 PM »

Think Blatch was quite up front about the investment. If he was charging money then I would probably agree with a lot of your points although voicing them on this thread is out of order imo.

Also if you've seen blatch play roulette you'd realise he is +EV

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2010, 10:42:57 PM »

QFT

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »

QFT

True story

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2010, 11:25:56 PM »

why is it out of order to put some balance on this thread as most people who have invested in this although excellent poker players know little if anything about the sharp end of sports betting which betfair is.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2010, 11:51:02 PM »

What has being a degen who likes to take 1k spins on roulette got to do with someones trading or poker abilities ?

Blatch had a ridic sick good run at the start of this and has made most people profit,epic thread and run better soon.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2010, 11:59:15 PM »

Neil please can you post up, from the football trading account a statement of all activity by month for the last 3 months?

Pops is now on the thread and wants to see.

Cheers,

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2010, 12:26:24 AM »

Neil please can you post up, from the football trading account a statement of all activity by month for the last 3 months?

Pops is now on the thread and wants to see.

Cheers,

arse

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2010, 12:30:33 AM »

being a regen on roulette normally hinders your ability to grow your roll when its small and means you are constantly begging for staking when you shouldnt be to play $5/$10 cash games you should easily be rolled to play if you are as talented as some are to beat the bf football markets.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2010, 12:38:04 AM »

being a regen on roulette normally hinders your ability to grow your roll when its small and means you are constantly begging for staking when you shouldnt be to play $5/$10 cash games you should easily be rolled to play if you are as talented as some are to beat the bf football markets.

arse

sola virtus nobilitat
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2010, 12:58:21 AM »

Again, have you actually read the first post of this thread?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2010, 01:01:52 AM »

U make getting staked sound like a weakness.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2010, 01:06:33 AM »

it really is a love in in this forum isnt it?  if u dont agree with everyone no one likes you.  if you say something factually correct but goes against the grain u get told to leave the thread/forum.  

What amazes me is that everyone who has invested in this 'scheme' hasnt asked to see proof of where their investment has gone and been invested.  Given the fact a seperate bf account is being used for this project it would be insanely simple to simply put a weekly/monthly/3monthly screen shot of the betfair P+L to prove the results.  like all other questions i have asked the investment manager he has ignored them and not replied.  Name me 5 people in the uk who make their living solely from football betting apart from tony bloom?   These are the people whos opinion moves markets whatever u actually think.  Without knowing what they are betting and why u are playing a game of guessing which way the market is going.  I know the majority of them either personally or via people i know.  Several months ago the investment manager actually implied on a thread here that what he was posting on here regarding market movements was actually causing global mainstream football markets to move of his opinion.  Markets which make millions of pounds in asia to move this guy was actually implying his opinion on blonde poker people in sufficient numbers were following him in and causing the market to collaspe.  I mean can you really take this seriously!!!!  

Maybe i am just a bit too streetwise or not down with the poker kids but when i invest a '5 figure sum' like several have i would expect to see first hand evidence of the results (ie a betfair screenshot of the P+L) when its so easy to do.  If nothing to hide then post it up and let the punters know where their cash is gone.  Numerous sports bettors i have shown this thread to have asked the same question 'why would the guy go to all this hassle unless there was something in it for him?'  'if he is so good at beating one of the toughest markets in the world to beat with a 5% deduction when most have 2% why would he a) do it for free and b) not be rolled to do it himself?

Sorry if i have ruffled a few feathers but given the fact the msn poster earlier wasnt that happy with his return i can only assume there are others out there like him.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2010, 01:09:23 AM »

maybe i am old school but staking is a massive weakness when if u curbed the leaks from ur regen behaviour u would be sufficiently rolled to play and keep 100% of ur profits rather than have to get the begging bowl out and give a % of ur profits away because u cant resist 28/9 split and 7 on a roulette wheel.  Staking has its time and its place but i really struggle to understand people needing staking when they spunk money for fun on negative ev bets.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: